Big Hands?

Jaz

My hands are 9'' long with an 11'' span. An advantage for most grip things except grippers and nail bending.

what the hell, that is a giant hand. whats your weight and height if you don't mind me asking

I am a little over 6' 3'' and my weight varies from 250 to 285.

My hands are 9'' long with an 11'' span. An advantage for most grip things except grippers and nail bending.

what the hell, that is a giant hand. whats your weight and height if you don't mind me asking

I am a little over 6' 3'' and my weight varies from 250 to 285.

wow, you definitely have a huge hand. i'm 2in. taller and float around 300-315lbs, do you have a pic of your hand?

on a related note, does anyone know how big Mark Felix and Magnus Samuelssen's hands are?

I am able to pinch grip 10 x 10lb Olympic plates, but can only lift 5. In person my hands don't look that big and people do not comment on them.

Im in 7 1/2 long 9'' span best gripper RB 210 and IM 2.5 best blob york 85. :D

i measured wrong, i thought you start at the knuckle and go to tip of the pinky. my left hand has a span of 8 1/4 and my right hand has a span of 9 1/4. the reason why there is a huge difference is because my right hand's thumb webbing was sliced open a few years ago and when they stitched it back up it healed wider.

Very interesting. It seems alot of people have a reasonably average hand length 7-8 but a much larger hand span. I discovered that this might be my problem quite a while ago. I have been working grip very hard for a number of years and had become frustrated with my lack of pinching ability. I did the blob KTA twice over that past 2 years and saw little progress!

Than, I saw someone on this board (don't remember) lift a 45lb blob with 7 1/2 inch hands and I was amazed and frustrated. Then when i saw the video the guys hands easiliy stretched much farther along then mine did! I figured his hand must have a bigger span than mine did. Clearly span plays a much bigger role in some lifts rather than the length that we all quote. Pointless, but interesting, but it did provide a reason why my progress was slower than many others.

Edited by makey98

Very interesting. It seems alot of people have a reasonably average hand length 7-8 but a much larger hand span. I discovered that this might be my problem quite a while ago. I have been working grip very hard for a number of years and had become frustrated with my lack of pinching ability. I did the blob KTA twice over that past 2 years and saw little progress!

Than, I saw someone on this board (don't remember) lift a 45lb blob with 7 1/2 inch hands and I was amazed and frustrated. Then when i saw the video the guys hands easiliy stretched much farther along then mine did! I figured his hand must have a bigger span than mine did. Clearly span plays a much bigger role in some lifts rather than the length that we all quote. Pointless, but interesting, but it did provide a reason why my progress was slower than many others.

I am working on the 90 blob myself getting the 85 fairly regular now my hand's are 7 1/2 but there thick so I don't get as good of wrap thinner hand would get a better span over the blob I think. I work on my hub lifting alot which give's me good finger tip power you might try it. :D

my hands are according to me are 7" long with a span of 8.5. One day i was over at my cousins house and he measured his hand which came around 8" inches, he then looked at my hand and started laughing, going like wow i never knew your hands were that small. So he brought out the measuring tape and according to him my hands are 6.9999 hes not giving me the 7" inch mark even though its right on the 7 inch line. lol anyway afterwords he just started calling me burger king hands. IM not going to let it bother me!!! lol!!

heres the commerical incase you guys missed it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SltqvE0b9uo

thought it would be funny to share.

As far as hand length goes, it does not take into account the width of the palm, and the length of the little finger and thumb. Long hands help in thickbar, and a long span aids in wide pinch.

9 long really? Can you post a picture I think Michael jordan had little over 9inch hands but thats pretty massive. Are you measuring from the first crease in wrist?

I'll come up with a pic later in the week. They don't look that big by themselves, but when holding a gripper or a Rolling Thunder handle you can appreciate the size.

hmm... I did a quick measure and my hand spand is significally bigger than hand length.

hand length = 8

hand span = 9 3/4

David, I'm the same way. :D

Hand is 7.5-ish and span is 9-ish. I think my thumb is long?

It's weird, though, because I feel like I have a short pinkie. Chris and Brandon even laughed at me. :cry

:D

We weren't laughing at you, we were laughing with you. :D

Err with a hand size like that do your hands not qualify as shovels? :D

you can see in this pic of me holding an RT handle that my thumb and middle finger overlap

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups...8346AUT1194.JPG

My hands are about 7.5" and am about 1/2" away from my thumb and middle finger while holding the RT http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=4874 Maybe my thumbs are a bit long

Using a tape is better and easier and will avoid confusion.

• Like 1

does anyone know what Magnus Samuellsen's and/or Mark Felix's size hands are?

Felix has larger hands then magnus pretty sure, must be 9+ for felix prob 8ish for magnus. Still doubting the guy with 9inch hands, as people like chad woodall who are like 6'8 have 8.5ish. The tallest man in the world has 12+ inch hands name is Leonid Stadnik he is 8'4. He would dominate certain areas of grip since he could prob hook grip any bar.

What about palm width?

Magnus only has 8.5ish hands? man, for some reason his hands look a great deal bigger than mine butif it's 8.5ish then it's really not. also what is Clay Edgin's hand size? his hands look like paws.

Felix has larger hands then magnus pretty sure, must be 9+ for felix prob 8ish for magnus. Still doubting the guy with 9inch hands, as people like chad woodall who are like 6'8 have 8.5ish. The tallest man in the world has 12+ inch hands name is Leonid Stadnik he is 8'4. He would dominate certain areas of grip since he could prob hook grip any bar.

Not to be argumentive, but 9" hands are not really uncommon. Jedd's are over 9", and while above average are not freakish. I believe Mark Felix has 10" hands. I would have guessed Magnus has at least 9" hands as well based on how they cover up a gripper.

Not to be argumentive, but 9" hands are not really uncommon. Jedd's are over 9", and while above average are not freakish. I believe Mark Felix has 10" hands. I would have guessed Magnus has at least 9" hands as well based on how they cover up a gripper.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't when the biggest hands in the WORLD are only 12 or so and he is ooozing with growth hormone far above natural how common do you think 10inch hand would really be? Also keep in mind how your supposed to measure, look here http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...0&start=260 no one on the entire board has 9inch hands apparently while there are many very tall people.

I mean 7inch is normal 8 is big 9 is VERY big.

Edited by shizen

I'm pretty sure he doesn't when the biggest hands in the WORLD are only 12 or so and he is ooozing with growth hormone far above natural how common do you think 10inch hand would really be? Also keep in mind how your supposed to measure, look here http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...0&start=260 no one on the entire board has 9inch hands apparently while there are many very tall people.

I don't know where you get those numbers from. My hands are below average at 7 1/4" and I have seen Jedd's hands in person...they are over 9" long, and one of my co-workers has paws even bigger and he's just a normal guy. Keep in mind a 12" hand is 25% longer than one 9". An 8' tall person is 25" taller than someone 6'. The proportion isn't outrageous.

I don't know where you get those numbers from. My hands are below average at 7 1/4" and I have seen Jedd's hands in person...they are over 9" long, and one of my co-workers has paws even bigger and he's just a normal guy. Keep in mind a 12" hand is 25% longer than one 9". An 8' tall person is 25" taller than someone 6'. The proportion isn't outrageous.

I think you're wrong about those percentages. While 9 is 75% of 12, and 6 is 75% of 8, the increases from the lower number to the higher is a 33-1/3% increase.

I didn't know Jedd had 9" hands, maybe he could confirm that?

Clay Edgin posted a picture once I believe, and his hands were around 8", I don't remember to be honest, but it was not huge from what I remember. They are meaty though, from some thumbpad pictures he took.