Big Hands?

Jaz

Is it just me or do all the cert COC have MASSIVE hands? All the COC grippers feel HUGE in my hands, my pinkies barely get around the handle. Also the harder they get, the further apart the handles are. I can get the IM #3 to parallel, cant close the 2.5 and barely the #2, the heavygrip 300 i have gotten to within 1mm, i know its easier than the #3 but only easier in my opinion in that the handles arent as far apart. I still think its possible for me to close the #3, but having small hands will make it ALOT harder. Just thought this would be worth discussing, as im interested in the answer. Oh and the measurement of my hand from palm to middle finger tip is 7.5''.

Look up setting gripper's that should also help also hand size either you got or you don't dance with what brung ya. I have the hand's of twelve year old school girl.

Edited by big nasty

Yes 7.5" is only average. I can TNS and wide slicky (sp?) #2 TNS no problem. Teemu a recent CoC TNSed a #3.5 and not to mention he dominated a #3 in his recent cert. And his hands are small. Not more than 7.5" for sure. Maybe close to 7". Just train hard and don't let it discourge you.

Edited by Alawadhi

Your hands are not small. Anyways setting a gripper almost takes hand size out of the picture(within reason). Learn to set, train with CoC and leave the worrying about small hands to the people who want to fail.

Ya my bad, i should have looked around. Some guys with smaller hands doing crazy crushes. I know what setting is, good point.

Excuse this post, my bad.

Ya my bad, i should have looked around. Some guys with smaller hands doing crazy crushes. I know what setting is, good point.

Excuse this post, my bad.

Nothing to be sorry about just hang out, train hard ,learn, support other's and you will get the same back.

• 1 month later...

From palm to middle finger tip is about 8". And i stink at grippers! The #3 is killing me.

• 3 weeks later...

There go's that excuse for me!! HAHA Nice job keep it up!! :rock

Small hands is not an excuse. I'm pretty sure I have the smallest hands on the board unless there is some little kid posting here :D

My progress on the #2.5

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/crack...ng/25almost.jpg

My hand:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/crack...ng/DSC_0503.jpg

Scott George has 7.5 inch hands and is crazy strong with a wide set. He certified as a COC using a credit card set.

I know that hand size has been talked about on the board quite often, but no one really mentions the span (Distance from pinky to thumb) of the hand and how it relates to pinching/grippers,ect. I would be interested in the "average" size of this and see where I lie.

hand length = 7 1/4

hand span = 7 3/4

hmm... I did a quick measure and my hand spand is significally bigger than hand length.

hand length = 8

hand span = 9 3/4

hmm... I did a quick measure and my hand spand is significally bigger than hand length.

hand length = 8

hand span = 9 3/4

David, I'm the same way. :D

Hand is 7.5-ish and span is 9-ish. I think my thumb is long?

It's weird, though, because I feel like I have a short pinkie. Chris and Brandon even laughed at me. :cry

:D

Edited by Cannon

Maybe they're just cruel SOB's?? :cool Tell them Mobster laughs right back and see if their lips tremble ha ha :D

8" length, 9.25" span.

Span obviously makes a bit difference on wide pinch. Richard Sorin has mentioned having a wide span, which is how (along with being strong of course!) he is able to facelift the blob. My hands are longer, yet when I tried one I can't even get my fingertips over. Something that could possibly be increased with stretching etc.

Hand Length - 7 1/4"

Hand Span - 8 3/4"

8" length, 9.25" span.

Span obviously makes a bit difference on wide pinch. Richard Sorin has mentioned having a wide span, which is how (along with being strong of course!) he is able to facelift the blob. My hands are longer, yet when I tried one I can't even get my fingertips over. Something that could possibly be increased with stretching etc.

Noob, my hands are app. 1/4" smaller than yours in both dimensions (7 & 5/8 length, ~9.03 span). I can barely stretch my hand across the Blob. I only use the first joint of my thumb and get just a bit of my fingertips over the edge (some more than others). I have some hope of facelifting it as I've done 45 with extra weight for a facelift and broken the ground with 47.5. My thumb is on the small size as well, I believe.

You'll likely have to give up some thumb contact to have any chance, but it is an individual decision to chance such a wide pinch-can be tough on the ligaments (Brookfield warns against it in MOHS). I just happen to enjoy the challenge of wide pinch.

Hand Length: 6 7/8"

Hand Span: 7 1/2" (Long skinny fingers)

COC No. 2

Crushing power, as in grippers, is not a problem for my skinny hands however the bone crushing handshaking power well... that is entirely different story. My little hands, no matter how strong, simply disappear and are mangled by those ape mitts some of you gorillas have. :angry:

• Like 1

Length: 7.75"

Span: 8.25"

I'm able to TNS a #2 and hope to do the same with a #2.5 in a month or so. I'm not that great at wide pinch, but I'm working on it.

My hands are 9'' long with an 11'' span. An advantage for most grip things except grippers and nail bending.

what the hell, that is a giant hand. whats your weight and height if you don't mind me asking