Tex Is From Another World!

1stCoC

I know Tommys strength is great in the pinch did he pull it at the Tarheel? Or my place ?Can someone help remind me? As an answer to the Old Blob measurement question The Original just measured a tiny bit over 23 3/8" around (over York name and around body and bottom, Then, measured sideways over face and handle cut area a shade over 23". I do feel you have the old "fat man" Blobs! Here are some real giveaway clues....the handle being bent(old ones had thin handles and often bent) the handle loose (corrected by a "fishtail" internal lock on later ones) and I am pretty sure any stamped on the bottom USA were the later version. Also, it is rare to find an old one that has much or any paint on it... they usually have a brown rust patina look on the real "goodies". My son Bert, House, and Tex have all had their blob success( full pull) at the Arnolds Gnc grip but up to now no in house success here with a fatman. (yet).RS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• burkhardmacht

• The Mac

• Florian Kellersmann

vids of Tex and others at the Arnolds are up and being put up on youtube.com (search topic sorinex). We also are organizing some good pics to show you guys too!RS

I know Tommys strength is great in the pinch did he pull it at the Tarheel? Or my place ?Can someone help remind me? As an answer to the Old Blob measurement question The Original just measured a tiny bit over 23 3/8" around (over York name and around body and bottom, Then, measured sideways over face and handle cut area a shade over 23". I do feel you have the old "fat man" Blobs! Here are some real giveaway clues....the handle being bent(old ones had thin handles and often bent) the handle loose (corrected by a "fishtail" internal lock on later ones) and I am pretty sure any stamped on the bottom USA were the later version. Also, it is rare to find an old one that has much or any paint on it... they usually have a brown rust patina look on the real "goodies". My son Bert, House, and Tex have all had their blob success( full pull) at the Arnolds Gnc grip but up to now no in house success here with a fatman. (yet).RS

thank you richard i got my wife to buy two new fabric tape measures at the fabric store and you are right its 23'' and no writeing on the bottom

vids of Tex and others at the Arnolds are up and being put up on youtube.com (search topic sorinex). We also are organizing some good pics to show you guys too!RS

great job richard

I know Tommys strength is great in the pinch did he pull it at the Tarheel? Or my place ?Can someone help remind me?

I read about it here (relevant text was bolded by me for clarity) .

I for one had a wonderful day at the Tarheel grip contest. It was well run and everyone supporting each other. Chad was in a class of his own but my gosh there were so many fine performances.My son Bert and 16 year old Meatball got their feet wet with some gutsy performances on equipment and events they had never tried before. I am truly impressed with ol' Climber 511 Chris Rice a great competitor AND great grip. The Original blob was Lifted to full pulls for the first time I EVER witnessed By Tommy Heslep and Chad Woodall. Chad even lifted it by the face!We had some fun with a 50lb 6inch wide block,the Inch Replica and some other blobs. I felt pretty good and got a blob some distance up with two fingers and thumb for the first time. I was pretty suprized when I test pulled on the 135lb 2.5" handle "final dumbell" used in the Medely and cleaned it with no warmup.We did bat around the idea having a grip fest at our facility one day soon! Many thanks to Anson for the hospitality and great memories!

Richard, thanks for all that you have brought and continue to bring to the sport of grip, especially for the invention of the Blob. :rock

Edited by odin

It's always neat to read about someone like Tex with that easy strength that is just there all the time. I think most of us are not afraid of him breaking records. Those who are confident in their abilities (not comparing themselves to Tex) will delight in seeing how far he can go with all things strength. I hope he goes all the way.

I remember a young electrician back in 02/03 by the name of David Morton that came out of no where and shocked the grip world. Kim Wood is right about one thing there are grip monsters with genetic sick strength out there and I for one are happy when they are discovered.

As soon as I met Dave I was impressed with him being a all around tremendous grip guy. Big, strong, and and a good person to boot! Has anyone heard about his training or recent feats? His mastery of sledge hammers and grippers amazed me. RS

• 4 weeks later...

Tex and Cyborg showed up last night and after Tex face lifting several times the pesky 52.5 lb fat man blob out on our Grip Island ( but continues to be thwarted by the pinch lift of this same Blob).Proceded to do some interesting training "stuff" Cyborg snatched a solid slick handle 100lb dumbbell with a 3" handle several times (seemed pretty hard but done in a workman- like fashion. On to the new 173 thick horn handle Cyborg pulled it righthanded and Tex followed with a right AND left success. Tex moved to the 201Lb Anvil that has since I lifted it years ago stopped everyone that has tried it and he finally was able to do several 6" off floor lifts and just due (I think) to his off center body positioning couldn't finish the lift. Cyborg went to sucessive 2 hand cleans with fairly strict push presses with the 132,158, and 172 Inch Bells. Both then Started their "long road" to deadlifting the now famous Circus Bell ( 202 lb and a 3 inch smooth handle) while they stirr it a bit off the floor unaided they can with steadying it with their off hand on the front sphere give some good 12" pulls on it. With a 500.00 prize next year for deadlifting it single handed I am pretty sure they will continue to train on it. as I said this was a "typical" day of events at the Sorinex compound and even though "just training" a fellow lifter shot some video we hope to get up for yall. RS

The training atmosphere down there must be incredible - strong guys pushing strong guys is going to lead to some sick stuff being down - Richard, you ever think of relocating to Ohio :D ?

Chris, Everyone here seems to be into grip stuff with a vengance. It is like a "war" here every workout.... but in a "good way" the guys have found that grip training enhances each and every one of their sports ,friendships made while leveling the "age" playing field that is a problem in many athletic training situations. It has brought more good will here in this place than I ever imagined. I have felt so much pride in watching all these folks (gals too) enjoy the training I always loved. Yes, it is not easy to "allow" in my minds eye and competitive heart the vision of those stronger or potentially stronger in grip than myself but , you know with age wisdom comes and I welcome it. Being able to watch a guy shut a #3 for the first time or lift an anvil that hasn't seen "air" for 25 years makes me as proud as the first time I did it...kinda hard to explain. Yes, Chris I wish you lived closer to share those moments with us! RS

Tex and Cyborg showed up last night and after Tex face lifting several times the pesky 52.5 lb fat man blob out on our Grip Island ( but continues to be thwarted by the pinch lift of this same Blob).Proceded to do some interesting training "stuff" Cyborg snatched a solid slick handle 100lb dumbbell with a 3" handle several times (seemed pretty hard but done in a workman- like fashion. On to the new 173 thick horn handle Cyborg pulled it righthanded and Tex followed with a right AND left success. Tex moved to the 201Lb Anvil that has since I lifted it years ago stopped everyone that has tried it and he finally was able to do several 6" off floor lifts and just due (I think) to his off center body positioning couldn't finish the lift. Cyborg went to sucessive 2 hand cleans with fairly strict push presses with the 132,158, and 172 Inch Bells. Both then Started their "long road" to deadlifting the now famous Circus Bell ( 202 lb and a 3 inch smooth handle) while they stirr it a bit off the floor unaided they can with steadying it with their off hand on the front sphere give some good 12" pulls on it. With a 500.00 prize next year for deadlifting it single handed I am pretty sure they will continue to train on it. as I said this was a "typical" day of events at the Sorinex compound and even though "just training" a fellow lifter shot some video we hope to get up for yall. RS

Is that circus bell the same one that Mark Henry and Odd Haugen lifted? If so are they the only 2 that's done it to date or have you lifted it?

That is some incredible feats of grip strength.

Thanks for all the updates.

Tim

Topic will be opened when the video of Cyborg's face lift comes up.