Tex Is From Another World!

1stCoC

Florian, I know in strongman training he does some thick bar work and we touched on the subject briefly last night but no "hard" numbers were mentioned. If I had to guess a rough estimate of what he could handle now in the double overhand Axle deadlift I would estimate 425-440 by seeing how he handles other thick handled objects. I think I will ease him into the Grip Gauntlet events and V bar as well. RS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• burkhardmacht

• The Mac

• Florian Kellersmann

It dawned on me that unless you ask Tex to try something at the facility or someone asks him about it he doesn't charge around the room seeing what he can lift. In all honesty with ALL the grip toys laying around I really never have asked or shown him about things like the Rolling thunder,V bar, plate pinch, Blob,or items on the Grip Gauntlet ( at least I have records of the best on it so far (Chad) and perhaps the big man will try some of those so we can compare "apples to apples". He stayed here talking training with Bert till late and said wants to do more. I think he will...................RS PS We did get some interesting video and hopefully it is being worked on to download soon. RS

I think he could do some really special stuff in the grip world with his willingness to try stuff and with you and Bert guiding him. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

It's always neat to read about someone like Tex with that easy strength that is just there all the time. I think most of us are not afraid of him breaking records. Those who are confident in their abilities (not comparing themselves to Tex) will delight in seeing how far he can go with all things strength. I hope he goes all the way.

Florian, I know in strongman training he does some thick bar work and we touched on the subject briefly last night but no "hard" numbers were mentioned. If I had to guess a rough estimate of what he could handle now in the double overhand Axle deadlift I would estimate 425-440 by seeing how he handles other thick handled objects. I think I will ease him into the Grip Gauntlet events and V bar as well. RS

Thanks for your answer, Richard. 440 pounds should be realistic if you can carry two inch dumbbells for a serious distance.

Well done, Tex :rock and I think there's an Inch Farmer's record in your near future. .. neilkaz ..

"Then, he did two sets of pullups weighing 409lb first set of 3 and the second set of 4 reps on a 2" diameter thick bar!!!!"

wow, how did he manage to wrap his 10 inch hands around that 2" bar?

"Then, he did two sets of pullups weighing 409lb first set of 3 and the second set of 4 reps on a 2" diameter thick bar!!!!"

wow, how did he manage to wrap his 10 inch hands around that 2" bar?

You do have a point though. You have to wonder whether it's easier or harder for him using a 2'' bar? Doing a pull up at that weight is still pretty damn impressive regardless of the grip, though. I can barely do a pull up at around 240.

Tex didn't seek out the 2" bar as a "grip test" ...he was just stretching his back on a "handy bar". I have NEVER seen a 400lb man do a pullup and darn few 300lb guys for that matter so I simply thought it was interesting. I sometimes think what I could do with hands longer than I have but, not for long, and just go back to work. Big hands are a gift in some cases but that is just "how it is"....RS

This is getting interesting......................!A strength coach named Pat Ivey stunned us for a coulple years by winning our prize offered at the yearly National Coaches strength show. He went from an effortless lift of an Inch Bell the first year to a 100' single bell carry two years ago. Well, he contacted us and wants to throw his hat in the ring to set a record next time we meet. (using 2 Bells)I almost forgot about seeing him carry the single bell as it was during my recovery time from my bout with cancer. He is 6'5", 265, with long, long hands, AND a will of iron!RS

Didn't Mark Felix lift 300lbs in the RT, and like 260 or 280 left handed, in a CONTEST, less than a month ago? Taking that into account, and also knowing he's a strongman (used to do Farmer's Walk, DL's, etc), it would be my opinion (that of a newbie of course), that he could destroy the 72 feet record in the double Inch FW. Just a thought!

Wow! Man this guy is amazing. Thanks for the reports Richard. I for one love to hear about these incredbly gifted "larger than life" guys and the things they can do.

How does he compare to Mark Henry in terms of height and weight?

Man those pull ups at that weight are just insane.

Keep the reports coming. Surely he could close a medium hard #4 with little work.

Great job.

Tim

Tex 2xInchDB FW

Good job! Now he should be motivated to train for the record!

Richard, there are two other guys who put the Inch overhead!

Matt Graham - Inch continental

Matt Graham

Ryan Green did several reps - very clean press!

Ryan Green

DAMN!!! Tex was RUNNING down the course with those Inches!!! That's incredible!

Tex 2xInchDB FW

Good job! Now he should be motivated to train for the record!

Richard, there are two other guys who put the Inch overhead!

Matt Graham - Inch continental

Matt Graham

Ryan Green did several reps - very clean press!

Ryan Green

Where do you get one of these?

also in case anyone wanted to see the clean and press of mark henry.

If You look in my interest list You'll know the answer - it's simply a matter of interest and time! :happy

He is a human and has a God given right to be big or small I guess ( in his case big seems like a natural advantage). In all honesty, I would match him with anyone that is a "active" grip guy. As I think about it most things of grip (not bending per se) I don't know "Who" could beat him. I think he and Chad would be a very, very close match if contested in the Grip Gauntlet AND IF he practiced........ As the Nfl Coach and man of strength Kim Wood said "there are "genetic" monsters here and out there (in the NFL) that could blow away ANY record should they decide to drop their million dollar a year jobs and lift or grip for free". I, for one, believe him.

:blink:erm

• 2 weeks later...

The Bell that Henry lifted at the Old time strongman dinner arrived there at the last minute and weighed on their scales there. We have a new doctors scale here which we check pretty regularly with calibrated plates so we know it is close to dead on at all times. Round things like dumbbells in particular long ones are hard to balance on a scale as well. Our scale was zeroed out and then read what it did read at least on two different scales and both times weighed times in excess of the old Inch weight (at least). Some great grip times here as of late (I suppose stuff I can't mention but pretty impressive) by some of our new guys. We are off to the Arnold's Classic show this weekend for the Strongmen and grip men to have a go at our 202 1/2 lb Circus bell. Between main strongman events as last year it will be offered to worthy gripsters for a 500.00 prize deadlift in front of the huge crowd. Any takers ..........? Be there! RS

We have 4 Inch bells, Two "big" ones that Henry has lifted a( one at an Arnolds Classic show), and the other at the Old Time dinner they weighed what they did on the best scales available at the time to us. They were weighed on film prior to Texs' try to carry them. I am not sure what thread you refer to . If you can kindly supply a better scale to re measure them and want to carry them as well we welcome you to set the records right. Many thanks for your attention to detail. RS

I did find the 2002 thread you refer to , I referred when we got the bell home and checked it a second time on a new scale at our now old facility. That scale has been replaced with still another new one at our present facility so, that particular Bell was weighed on 3( different scales) scales so far and really all three measurements are pretty close for non industrial, non digital.non government certified scales. I reported what it weighed each time to the best of my ability.