Tex Is From Another World!

1stCoC

I hope Tex does well - it would be a bit of a shame if there was the hullabaloo that surrounded his #4 attempt again.

Agreed..GO Tex GO !! 100 ft !!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• burkhardmacht

• The Mac

• Florian Kellersmann

It would still be nice to see a video.

Nothing is guaranteed in life other than a chance. Tex even being interested in "trying" is enough for me. Before I would comment on the man you might to do a bit of homework. I have seen a lot of grip guys and he is really, really strong not by his fault even knowing his own strength and nice enough to try grip feats when asked by others. The video of his double Inch lift in our Sorinex.com forum section under power plays should anyone be interested..RS

Before I would comment on the man you might to do a bit of homework.

Homework? I only had a question - this has nothing to do with homework (more with the rules of the board, sorry).

The video of his double Inch lift in our Sorinex.com forum section under power plays should anyone be interested..RS

A link or hint (a bit earlier) would have been useful - thanks!

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Sir, I wasn't directly taking to you. I assume the rules of the board only loosely state what world class attempts are. Well, I thought the double Inch deadlift was great around "here" but not "World Class" as compared to a 72'9" "record" carry. Also, in the the light of the First Amendment (freedom of speech I am not obligated to film everything I do or see for others personal enjoyment and I DO have a right to speak.. If a list for "each and every thing" as thought of as "World class" is written published and changed as needed to be accurate we would then have a standard to go by. I also wonder about how peoples' perceived standards vary with their own perceptions and experiences. A man "making" the rules how "I" must close a gripper or lift a weight when he has not ever done it himself seems odd to me and what criteria is used to select "who" makes the rules??????????? These comments are submitted respectfully, from someone with 40 years of grip and lifting involvement and experience along with being a loyal sponsor suporting THIS very page you are reading now.RS

I also wonder about how peoples' perceived standards vary with their own perceptions and experiences. A man "making" the rules how "I" must close a gripper or lift a weight when he has not ever done it himself seems odd to me and what criteria is used to select "who" makes the rules???????????

Sounds like IM and their gripper rules.

I also wonder about how peoples' perceived standards vary with their own perceptions and experiences. A man "making" the rules how "I" must close a gripper or lift a weight when he has not ever done it himself seems odd to me and what criteria is used to select "who" makes the rules???????????

Sounds like IM and their gripper rules.

Outstanding :rock

Are these both 172 pound dumbbells? The one in his right hand looks a bit smaller to me. Could this be the 67kg Inchbell?

Here is a pic of two different inch dumbbells. It's hard to see the difference:

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album24/aau

Just wondering...

He's lifting them with ridiculous ease. I have no doubt he could do a serious farmerswalk :rock

Perspective and Growth

Over the years I have noticed something – well maybe more than one something but I can only concentrate on (or remember) one thing at a time so here is today’s. Perspective or the way we look at things in relation as to what is possible. I remember way back in HS when nobody could bench press 300# - and then someone did, and all of a sudden three or four guys did. I remember when bending the Red nail was a really big deal, and now, lots of people can. It’s a belief thing – mental if you will as well as of course the physical. We’ve seen it a lot in grip, things that seem so terribly hard, and in a year or maybe less, it’s maybe not quite common place but it’s being done fairly often.

It’s the old strongest guy in the gym thing that’s often talked about by Louie at Westside and many others and has been for decades. You come to believe what is “strong” by what you see around yourself every day. Working out by yourself is tough in many ways but maybe the most important is that you come to believe that what you can lift is “strong” when you may be fooling yourself or actually delusional. That’s why I think competition can be so important to personal growth – and the same can be said for working out in an environment like a gym full of guys that are stronger than you are. I’m not sure most people have the confidence to take advantage of guys way way stronger – it seems you get the best results if you are at least kind of close enough to think to yourself – “I can do that” when you see something done. Soninex is one of those places right now I think – a bunch of very strong people pushing each other constantly – that’s a great setup for some crazy stuff to come from. Darn shame it’s not in SE Ohio.

Richard - ever think about relocating? :D

Cris, Thanks for the introspective ,kind words. I would be "safe" here if I never promoted guys of strength to try grip and through their efforts push the "limits"...but that it is what it IS all about. I am just as excited to watch these young men bloom and "make their bones" as in the day I was encouraged to "give it a try". A truly great performance IS timeless and gains honor as time goes on.I look at performances set by V. Alexeeve in the 60s in weightlifting STILL being enough to win TODAY at the world championships...just makes me appreciate him more. Mr Kinney did his thing in 95'... has anyone exceeded his marks and method? Interesting! As an answer to the Inches lifted by Tex...We have 4. Two of them used "officially" for Mark henry to Lift at the Arnolds strength classic show and the other actually used during Henry's historic clean and push press at the Old Time Barbell Strongman dinner show. So, yes they are dead nuts correct AND the real deal. The other two are CLEARLY marked Inch bells of 158lb. and 132lb all with the same size handles and globes that were by mistake cast by the foundry of less dense Iron. Being the same in mechanics to lift as the big one they are a WONDERFUL training tool used for pulls and cleans!RS

I don't think everybody getting jacked up about a monumental event like a CCS #4 is a bad thing. So he didn't close it the first time out. Who else has done this ever? Brand new out of package #4, not seasoned, in front of a camera, with witnesses. To boot, Tex doesn't even concentrate on training grip like many on this board. Even the attempting of such a feat is, and should be, an honorable event. To view it otherwise I believe only serves to discourage those who train grip to make themselves stronger both mentally and physically even though "world class" grip feats may be out of the realm of possible. An attempt at any "world class" feat should be hyped and not viewed as a failure if not completed.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory or defeat."

I definitely respect him just for trying that CCS #4 cert; took a lot of guts. I think the issue was people talk about him like's he's the second coming and how he doesn't even train grip and how he could reset all the grip records, blah, blah, blah and then he misses it bad. Anybody following the situation had to expect some pushback. The people that actually train for the sport get sick and tired of hearing about how all the records would be crushed if so-and-so got into grip or if Joe Strongman actually trained. It's like we're supposed to be honored because some other strength sport stud tries to do a grip feat? I'm sure if he breaks the Inch FW record we'll hear some nonsense about that just goes to show grippers are overrated and the fact that he has HUGE hands and weighs 400lbs will be overlooked.

He is a human and has a God given right to be big or small I guess ( in his case big seems like a natural advantage). In all honesty, I would match him with anyone that is a "active" grip guy. As I think about it most things of grip (not bending per se) I don't know "Who" could beat him. I think he and Chad would be a very, very close match if contested in the Grip Gauntlet AND IF he practiced........ As the Nfl Coach and man of strength Kim Wood said "there are "genetic" monsters here and out there (in the NFL) that could blow away ANY record should they decide to drop their million dollar a year jobs and lift or grip for free". I, for one, believe him.

The whole "if he trained thing" is an easy out and I mean that for everybody that says that, not just Tex. I work a full-time job, have a family, do other sports, etc.. and I still manage to train grip. There are no professional gripsters, Big Steve would be the closest thing. In otherwords, we all make time to train. I guarantee you the NFL guys have more downtime than me. I don't think squeezing grippers or pinching plates is very hazardous to their career. Are there freaks out there that could rewrite the record books if they trained grip; sure but until they get off their butts and train, talk is cheap. Talk him into some training and see if he can do GGC and see how he finishes. I'll predict more than Chad will finish ahead of him.

I have to disagree. Much as I hate to do so.

Tex Henderson.

John Eaton.

Hell, even Clay Edgin didn't train as hard as most people (initially, he trained hard eventually, but he came into the game with a genetic advantage)

Tell me any of the above 3 wouldn't be the best if they trained as hard as some (not me) do!

I have nuff respec for any grip dude out there, because I was always one of those people that was stronger than you without (seeming to) try, until I couldn't do PL/SM anymore and had to actually TRAIN to get good.

Grip, in my opinion, is the hardest of the strength disciplines to be naturally good at.

So could John, Tex be the best? Abso-flocking-lutely.

Will they be? Depends.

Will Chad? My money's on him, whom else would it be on?

Tex just gave the Inch bells a first try. After us weighing the Bells in at 172 3/4 and 175lb., he Deadlifted and carried them 52', 31', and 18' feet respectively. Deadlifting them 3 times total and carrying them aprox 101' +. Then, he did two sets of pullups weighing 409lb first set of 3 and the second set of 4 reps on a 2" diameter thick bar!!!! He then walked over with NO gripper warmup and with me putting in the credit card shoved the 3.5 down to about 1/16 of an inch" not bad for a first day trial ever! He is so very strong in a real, genuine way. RS

Awesome! :rock

Richard, what can Tex lift on an appollon's axle DO deadlift?

He sounds like a monster with big mitts. I think he'll get the Inch walk record with a little practice. Richard, have you introduced him to the Rolling Thunder yet? I think he could do some damage on that also.

It dawned on me that unless you ask Tex to try something at the facility or someone asks him about it he doesn't charge around the room seeing what he can lift. In all honesty with ALL the grip toys laying around I really never have asked or shown him about things like the Rolling thunder,V bar, plate pinch, Blob,or items on the Grip Gauntlet ( at least I have records of the best on it so far (Chad) and perhaps the big man will try some of those so we can compare "apples to apples". He stayed here talking training with Bert till late and said wants to do more. I think he will...................RS PS We did get some interesting video and hopefully it is being worked on to download soon. RS