Tex Is From Another World!

1stCoC

Big Tex a true giant of strength and sportsmanship has been training with us a bit and paired with the monster Jason Cyborg Lawson they make the weights and grippers cower in fear. Last night they were woirking out and my son Bert herd a call from his gym adjoining office "hey Bert you better come and see this" Big Tex fully deadlifted and was smiling holding two 172lb. Inch dumbbells! After he held them a while longer and gently lowered them, Bert went and set up the video camera so Tex just reached down laughing and saying"hello mom" lifted them again for the camera...................! After that he walked over to my collection of Ironmind grippers and with no warmup closed easily with a WIDE set a 3.5 right handed and then came a hair of the handles touching lefty. Bert amazed, checked and test squeezed the 3.5 an said that was the same beast that I have been working on recently. Truly, an amazing display of grip strength! As an aside Lawson cleared the ground several inches with the pair of Inch bells as well and I see him in the near future fully doing them as well. There are about 6 men here capable of a ccs #3 in this facility alone and it seems like the world of grip in at least this corner of the planet all is doing well! RS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• burkhardmacht

• The Mac

• Florian Kellersmann

:ohmy:whacked That's INSANE!!! I assume Tex still wants that #4 cert then?

Thanks for the report, Richard. Could Bert upload the video?

Thanks for the update, Mr. Sorin! This is truly a GIANT feet of strength, befitting Big Tex.

Please keep us posted if the video goes up.

I don't know how many others have done the full Inch deadlift feat (????????????) But, I think Tex could do 2-3 full "reps touching the floor each time if he "wanted" to right now ! I have a slck, solid steel machined 3" handle 150lb. dumbbell that I have been working on lately.......................Tex walked over the other day lifted it , full pull, ...easy...no warmup! He reminds me of Mark Henry......................alot! RS

I still believe that he could be the first person to cert on the #4 using a CCS. I think people have no choice but to be strong with you around Richard.

I still believe that he could be the first person to cert on the #4 using a CCS. I think people have no choice but to be strong with you around Richard.

he certinaly COULD do, it's pretty much as easy as just wanting to do it for that man now - he should sign up on the board

Great report! :rock It'd be fun to watch the Kiener brothers and Tex play some Inch horse.

he reminds me of mark henry as well.

sounds like u have an awesome gym to train at....

Calling Richards place a "gym" is like calling the Taj Mahal a house.

who is this exactly? I'm not used to the nick names, is he a strongman competitor or some sort?

He's a powerlifter (or strongman, I can't remember) who closed the #3 his first time touching a gripper and certed on the #3 on the same day. He attempted the #4 cert a while ago, but fell short about 3/8"

It would be nice to see a video of this great feat! Thanks for the report Richard. Someday he should give the circus bell and the millenium bell a try! Much better would be if You motivate him to break the Inch FW worldrecord of Joel Sward!

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Richard,

Scott George and Anson Castelvecchi are running a qualifying grip contest in February. This would get them a seat in the Global Grip Challenge which is the US Championship this year. Is there anyway these two beats, and possible yourself and Bert, might be interested in joining in on their show? To have those 4 names in the field would make for an awesome line-up.

Please pass on my congrats to Tex and Cyborg! Unbelievable.

The video of Joel Sward is very, very impressive.....what was the total official distance carried? At 6'8 409lbs Tex has been training strongman events events on a regular basis so, he is pretty "mobile" with big weights. he is a 1000+ squatter as well. Are their any other related "benchmarks" of world mark Inch dumbbell feats? Any info will be appreciated! The crew here is always looking for something new to try in grip training.RS

The video of Joel Sward is very, very impressive.....what was the total official distance carried? At 6'8 409lbs Tex has been training strongman events events on a regular basis so, he is pretty "mobile" with big weights. he is a 1000+ squatter as well. Are their any other related "benchmarks" of world mark Inch dumbbell feats? Any info will be appreciated! The crew here is always looking for something new to try in grip training.RS

Richard,

Joel Sward did this Inch DB FW on 25th October 2003 in Stillwater (MN). The distance was 48,8 feet (video). Half an hour before Jeff Bissonette had done an Inch FW of 10'11'', breaking Matt Grahams record.

Jeffs Inch DB FW

Matt Makousky and Brian Carlton (who witnessed and videotaped these feats beside others) borrowed Joel their InchDBs for a while. On November 1, 2003 Joel broke his own record and did an InchDB FW of 72'9''! This included a turn at 67'! This feat was witnessed by Dave Ostlund and others - but no video was taken.

(infos taken from IRON GRIP, Vol. 4, No 1, Jan 2004)

Richard, it would be very kind if You or Bert could upload the video - everybody here would like to see some serious Inch-airtime! :)

Edited by Burkhard Macht

I gave Bert the 72'9 WR number and he blinked and said in a knowing way "I think he (Tex) could carry them over 100'. I have learned to respect Berts analysis of athletic potential. I think I will have a discussion with the big man and see what he thinks about giving it a try! As for Ansons contest I will find out about the dates . We all here are training pretty hard lately...even this old guy it might be fun. RS

Richard,

Anson and Scott's contest is Feb. 16. It's the same day as the South Atlantic Strongman Challenge. Don't know if Tex is doing that this year or not though.

wow is that really his stats that one huge dude.

wow is that really his stats that one huge dude.

Just a little bit ;)

Son Bert talked to the "Big Man" Tex today and he said he would give a try to carrying them tomorrow. All will be witnessed, weighed,filmed, and measured. To our way of thinking should he have a good go at it we are looking for a 100" plus carry to not only exceed the highest posted mark but crack the 100" mark as well. He might not do as well as we expect but I am of the feeling he will. I will keep the page posted on the results.