Denis Cyplenkov

pawel r

Believe me, if I see one I will post it here right away. There's probably not one yet cause it just happened a few hours ago.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mithras

• jad

• blueviper42

G-man's arguments are flawed, I'd dare say.

Brzenk has beaten Randall in the past, even when Randall get his "move"... I showed the video to Josh H on armtv. And this was around the time Randall was competing in bench press competitions and stuff, I believe. He's now like 50 (?) and less active. Don't underestimate John, he has brought him all the way back for a pin when Randall was doing his move and almost pinning him.

I mean, John just beat Denis, who some people were already claiming was invincible, lol.

This is why Brzenk is the BEST ever.

I honestly had my doubts about him and Cyplenkov.

What a pleasant surprise!

John Brzenk is the MAN!!!

Now go get Devon!!!

Mighty Joe

This is why Brzenk is the BEST ever.

I honestly had my doubts about him and Cyplenkov.

What a pleasant surprise!

John Brzenk is the MAN!!!

Now go get Devon!!!

Mighty Joe

same here, but now i learn, never doubt john brzenk ever again!!!!!!!

and bagent didnt go? damn that was the match i was looking forwald to most, if they had met there

monkeypaws: Travis is phenomenal, no doubt about it. The thing that got many people wondering, was seeing Travis lose in a hook to Giorgi, a 200 pounder. Just imagine if Brzenk had built his status by toprolling people, but lost in a hook match to RJ Molinere or someone at 154# or 165#... even if he could still toproll the guy 10 out of 10 times, other people know that in a hook, he'd be in trouble, with a lighter guy!

This is why it's kinda funny, to say Travis is MILES ahead of everyone, leftie. It looks that way if you see it from a standpoint where the only thing that matters if WIN or LOSE. But once you ask yourself "but if they would go in a hook... he would get beaten by a couple of guys"... you start questioning yourself how invincible he really is.

I think (and this is my humble opinion, nothing more, NOT a fact!) that is why some people have a hard time crediting him as the best leftie, "by miles!". I seem to recall reading that back in the days, after a slip happened, pullers started in a hook. If this rule were to be brought back, would he still be the greatest, by miles?

I think you can say travis is the best lefty in the world even if he just toprolls everyone, theres nothing stopping other pullers doing the same, travis has built it up over the years, and he is by far the best lefty in the world. al lthis stuff about, but in a hook, who cares, you cant say to 2 pulelrs, right, your only a allowed to pull in a hook. or in a top roll. just deal with it.

Brzenk has beaten Randall in the past, even when Randall get his "move"... I showed the video to Josh H on armtv. And this was around the time Randall was competing in bench press competitions and stuff, I believe. He's now like 50 (?) and less active. Don't underestimate John, he has brought him all the way back for a pin when Randall was doing his move and almost pinning him.

I mean, John just beat Denis, who some people were already claiming was invincible, lol.

I concur 100%. G-man's logic is deeply unfound and pure fantasy. Randall? when was the last time he faced international AWer? G-man just never gives Brzenk any respect in this forum for some reason of his own.

John's win aside, respect to Denis for going into the right handed class at the last minute (this seems to be the case, he was announced as pulling left hand only previously) and taking 1st in the superheavies and 2nd in the open, that's a phenomenal performance however you look at it.

Even though he isn't just "some guy" who's appeared from nowhere and is this good as if by magic (which some people seem to believe), he could clearly improve his technique vastly, which would be a scary prospect. Just think about how having someone like him is going to push the top level of competition to greater heights, which can only be a good thing.

Also, kudos to Christian Binnie for going out there and doing the business when most of the top pullers stayed at home!

Edited by mithras

Randall is a strange case, though, cause even though he hardly even armwrestles now he still crushed Bresnan, Ron Bath, and Todd Hutchins within the last year. After beating Bresnan once he then even tried toprolling and they slipped out but he was hanging with Bresnan in a toproll (Bresnan may have had a slight advantage if I remember correctly). In the straps he just shoulder pressed and won quickly. I would like to see him against someone like Denis or Lupkes. It's funny though cause he beat Ron Bath so quick who is supposed to be better than them.

I bet next year at Zloty, Denis will be able to beat everyone left handed includig Travis (if he goes) and will be a close match for John. Just my prediction.

Randall is a strange case, though, cause even though he hardly even armwrestles now he still crushed Bresnan, Ron Bath, and Todd Hutchins within the last year. After beating Bresnan once he then even tried toprolling and they slipped out but he was hanging with Bresnan in a toproll (Bresnan may have had a slight advantage if I remember correctly). In the straps he just shoulder pressed and won quickly. I would like to see him against someone like Denis or Lupkes. It's funny though cause he beat Ron Bath so quick who is supposed to be better than them.

I bet next year at Zloty, Denis will be able to beat everyone left handed includig Travis (if he goes) and will be a close match for John. Just my prediction.

Nothing strange about Randall. This guy is strong!

I've personally ask some of the best heavies on the planet who was

some of the strongest pullers they've went against and all but one always mentions

Randall.

Mighty Joe

This is why I'm a big JOHN BRZENK fan :rock:rock:rock

I mean it's just strange that Randall can crush Ron Bath and Tim Bresnan but seemingly cannot beat John Brzenk.

It is not strange at all to me! The Bath who lost to Randall is NOT the same one who beat Carodett and Brzenk earlier this year at Mohagan's . On top of that style makes war. Top 5 can beat each others on any given match any way.

there is a video of their match in the straps here http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...iew&id=5442

John had a strong side pressure hit but didn't take denis all the way at first, then denis tried to hit but you could tell his sidepressure wasn't nearly strong enough to pin John, John had another surge and took him down. Great match.

WOW! Great match, closer than what I expected having read what people said about it though. Still amazing, I laughed at the end when John made that face and flexed is arm! :laugh

The match I want to see is: Richard Lupkes vs. Denis Cyplenkov

Judging by Richard and Denis's matches with John this year. I heard John was really pumped up at Zloty, while at the Arnold when Lupkes beat him he seemed pretty calm. I think Zloty John Brzenk would have beaten Lupkes. I got money on Denis above Lupkes as well. But it'd be a good match since they both hook and are big men both 300+ lbs and solid.

SENIOR MEN RIGHT 63 KG

1. BABROVICH, VALIANTSIN. BELARUS

2. KOTERA, HIROSHI. JAPAN

3. BEDNARSKI, BARTLOMIEJ. POLAND

4. BEREZOV, ASLANBEK. RUSSIA

5. POLYAKOV, ALEXEY. RUSSIA

6. KNOWLES, BARRY. ENGLAND

7. KADURA, MYKHAILO. UKRAINE

8. KORODI, TIBOR. HUNGARY

9. KODOEV, ALAN. RUSSIA

10. IVANYTSKYI, IGOR. UKRAINE

11. BRANDERS, PIENE. BELGIUM

SENIOR MEN RIGHT 70 KG

1. TSINDELIANI, ROMAN. RUSSIA

2. BARTOSIEWICZ, DAWID. POLAND

3. KALMYKOV, VITALY. RUSSIA

4. KOLAROVICS, LASZLO. HUNGARY

5. BORLAKOV, MYRAT. RUSSIA

6. PAUTARAN, PAVEL. BELARUS

7. MELNYK, SERGIY. UKRAINE

8. SHUSTYK, DENIS. UKRAINE

9. HORBACH, IVAN. BELARUS

10. GROCH, DAWID. POLAND

11. PENC, KRZYSZTOF. POLAND

12. PODGORSKI, MARIUSZ. POLAND

SENIOR MEN RIGHT 78 KG

1. JAGNESAK, LUBOMIR. SLOVAKIA

2. KOTCHIAN, ARTEM. RUSSIA

3. ISKANDOROV, KAZIMIR. RUSSIA

4. MALAKHOV, ANDREY. RUSSIA

5. TAYNOV, ARTEM. UKRAINE

6. SZEWCZYK, TOMASZ. POLAND

7. SUMAK, PAVEL. BELARUS

8. THOROVSKIG, IVAN. UKRAINE

9. BARTOSIEWICZ, PIOTR. POLAND

10. SANDERS, CRAIG. ENGLAND

11. VINIKOOR, JON. USA

12. MAXIM, FILIPPOV. RUSSIA

13. ASMONAS, MANTAS. LITHUANIA

14. TSVYETKOV, OLEKSANDR. UKRAINE

15. RUDNYTSKYY, ROMAN. UKRAINE

16. VOTH, ALEX. GERMANY

17. GROCH, DARIUSZ . POLAND

18. OHMURA, HIDEKI. JAPAN

19. CIRPONIS, AINARS. LATVIA

20. RIEGER, CHRYSTIAN. POLAND

SENIOR MEN RIGHT 86 KG

1. GIRARD 2, PASCAL. SWITZERLAND

2. DOBROVIC, RADOSLAV. SLOVAKIA

3. SERDYUK, EDUARD. UKRAINE

4. WOJTYRA, EMIL. POLAND

5. ALEKSEEV, ANTON. RUSSIA

6. DVUZHILNYJ, VITALY. RUSSIA

7. KASHPEY, ALEXEY. BELARUS

8. BERDNIKOVICH, ALIAKSANDER. BELARUS

9. HARCARIK, GABRIEL. SLOVAKIA

10. MATSKEVICH, OLEH. BELARUS

11. NISHIKAWA, WATARU. JAPAN

12. KRAJCZYNSKI, KRZYSZTOF. POLAND

13. RZANNY, WIESLAW. POLAND

14. RUNDSTROM, ANDREAS. SWEDEN

15. ONDER, DURSUN. TURKEY

16. ZINSOV, ANDRIY. UKRAINE

17. KOZHUSHKO, VIKTOR. UKRAINE

18. TOMPA, TOMAS. HUNGARY

19. ANKLEWICZ, KRZYSZTOF. POLAND

20. TSUBURAYA, HIROFUMI. JAPAN

21. BABIANOK, ARTSIOM. BELARUS

SENIOR MEN RIGHT 95 KG

1. BRZENK 3, JOHN. USA

2. TARAS 1, IVAKIN. UKRAINE

3. DRUSHCHITS 10, ALEXANDR. RUSSIA

4. FUDALA, LUCJAN. POLAND

5. BADULESCU, SABIN. ROMANIA

6. MUSZCZAK 11, DARIUSZ. POLAND

7. SHMYKO, DZMITRY. BELARUS

8. KOVACS, PETER. HUNGARY

9. LACHOWICZ, MARCIN. POLAND

10. KOTCHIAN, ROBERT. RUSSIA

11. GLOWINSKI 9, ARTUR. POLAND

12. STANKEVIC, ALEKSEJ. LITHUANIA

13. KRUPNOU, DZIANIS. BELARUS

SENIOR MEN RIGHT +95 KG

1. CYPLENKOV 5, DENIS. RUSSIA

2. BRESSAN 6, TIM. USA

3. SZASZ 4, GYORGY. HUNGARY

4. KANAI, YOSHINOBU. JAPAN

5. SEMARENKO 7, ALEKSIJ. UKRAINE

6. GAZDARICA, PETER. SLOVAKIA

7. GLOWACKI 8, SLAWOMIR. POLAND

8. CAPPA, DAVIDE. ITALY

9. BOGDAN, ROBERT. HUNGARY

10. GRIGAITIS, DARIUS. LITHUANIA

11. PUSCASU, IOAN. ROMANIA

12. PICKUP, NEIL. ENGLAND

13. SHARAGOVICH, VIACHESLAV. BELARUS

14. LESZKO, ROBERT. POLAND

SENIOR MEN RIGHT OPEN

1. BRZENK 3, JOHN. USA

2. CYPLENKOV 5, DENIS. RUSSIA

3. TARAS 1, IVAKIN. UKRAINE

4. GLOWACKI 8, SLAWOMIR. POLAND

5. BRESSAN 6, TIM. USA

6. SEMARENKO 7, ALEKSIJ. UKRAINE

7. MUSZCZAK 11, DARIUSZ. POLAND

8. DRUSHCHITS 10, ALEXANDR. RUSSIA

9. GLOWINSKI 9, ARTUR. POLAND

10. GIRARD 2, PASCAL. SWITZERLAND

11. SZASZ 4, GYORGY. HUNGARY

SENIOR WOMEN LEFT 60 KG

1. ILUSHYNA, VIKTOTIIA. UKRAINE

2. BONKOVA, VERONIKA. BULGARIA

3. RYDSTED, FELICIA. SWEDEN

4. BACKMAN, SARH. SWEDEN

5. NYBERG, SARA. SWEDEN

6. OSTROWSKA, MALGORZATA. POLAND

SENIOR WOMEN RIGHT 60 KG

1. ILUSHYNA, VIKTOTIIA. UKRAINE

2. RYDSTED, FELICIA. SWEDEN

3. BONKOVA, VERONIKA. BULGARIA

4. BACKMAN, SARH. SWEDEN

5. OSTROWSKA, MALGORZATA. POLAND

6. NYBERG, SARA. SWEDEN

Yeah I don't understand why Taras dropped off the top 10 on Engin's chart and dropped to 10th in Europa below Alexey Semerenko and other people. I'm excited to see videos of him against Denis and also Bresnan against Denis.

Brzenk has beaten Randall in the past, even when Randall get his "move"... I showed the video to Josh H on armtv. And this was around the time Randall was competing in bench press competitions and stuff, I believe. He's now like 50 (?) and less active.

When was the last time Brzenk and Randall faced each other, 1997? When was the last time Randall lost - when he was out of his usual shape in 2005?

I concur 100%. G-man's logic is deeply unfound and pure fantasy. Randall? when was the last time he faced international AWer? G-man just never gives Brzenk any respect in this forum for some reason of his own.

WTF are you talking about, not giving John Brzenk respect in this forum? I consider him the greatest arm wrestler ever and one of the most inspiring human beings I have ever met.

In his current shape, I think John would be a great match for Travis and it can go either way. I am guessing that Travis might still be slighlty better than John right now, but I can easily expect to be proven wrong.

Last time I saw John vs Travis was an invitation in japan. John beat Travis right w/o problem. And Travis beat John leftie. Travis lost to Carodette right hand then Carodette lost both to John and Ron B. YOur ranking John B 4th is disrespectful to say the least IMO. When he just beat Dennis C. and you rank him 4th? That's WTF I am talking about using your own langue here. If you say you re-postting the list here after what just happen then you're still wrong about it. Put it this way, all this is just opinions of us, but there 2 of ours against yours.

In Martial art you can't be a white belt and try to list the top ten masters, you're just not qualified to list it. Any one can list top 10, true! but for us (yours and mine ) it's just fantasy. It takes someone of Engin Terzi's level to give the list any credential, IMO