Denis Cyplenkov

pawel r

I think it's disrespectful to take anything away from Bagent like that.

The guy's a legend in his own right.

Cyplenkov is a monster for sure and could possibly be one of the best ever

assuming he stays in the sport and stays injury free.

To say Bagent is scared is ridiculous. I can see several logical scenarios

as to why Bagent didn't go, but it's definately not fear.

All Legends, Superstars, whatever you want to call them in the sport of

AW lose once in a while, but just because you lose once in a while shouldn't

take away from their status.

IMO, losing every once ina while makes you better, not destroy your status

as a Legend in the sport.

I wish all AW's the BEST no matter who they go against or lose to.

Mighty Joe

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mithras

• jad

• blueviper42

monkeypaws: Travis is phenomenal, no doubt about it. The thing that got many people wondering, was seeing Travis lose in a hook to Giorgi, a 200 pounder. Just imagine if Brzenk had built his status by toprolling people, but lost in a hook match to RJ Molinere or someone at 154# or 165#... even if he could still toproll the guy 10 out of 10 times, other people know that in a hook, he'd be in trouble, with a lighter guy!

This is why it's kinda funny, to say Travis is MILES ahead of everyone, leftie. It looks that way if you see it from a standpoint where the only thing that matters if WIN or LOSE. But once you ask yourself "but if they would go in a hook... he would get beaten by a couple of guys"... you start questioning yourself how invincible he really is.

I think (and this is my humble opinion, nothing more, NOT a fact!) that is why some people have a hard time crediting him as the best leftie, "by miles!". I seem to recall reading that back in the days, after a slip happened, pullers started in a hook. If this rule were to be brought back, would he still be the greatest, by miles?

RESULTS from Ivan Matushenko - WWW.IRONWORLD.RU

Scores Day 1

SENIOR MEN LEFT 63 KG

1. POLYAKOV, ALEXEY. RUSSIA

2. BEREZOV, ASLANBEK. RUSSIA

3. FIOLEK, RAFAL. POLAND

4. BABROVICH, VALIANTSIN. BELARUS

5. BEDNARSKI, BARTLOMIEJ. POLAND

6. KADURA, MYKHAILO. UKRAINE

7. IVANYTSKYI, IGOR. UKRAINE

8. KNOWLES, BARRY. ENGLAND

9. KODOEV, ALAN. RUSSIA

SENIOR MEN LEFT 70 KG

1. TSINDELIAN, ROMAN. RUSSIA

2. KALMYKOV, VITALY. RUSSIA

3. SHUSTYK, DENIS. UKRAINE

4. BARTOSIEWICZ, DAWID. POLAND

5. PAUTARAN, PAVEL. BELARUS

6. BORLAKOV, MYRAT. RUSSIA

7. CINI, JULIEN. ENGLAND

8. MELNYK, SERGIY. UKRAINE

9. HORBACH, IVAN. BELARUS

10. RUDNICKI, LUKASZ. POLAND

11. GROCH, DAWID. POLAND

12. PENC, KRZYSZTOF. POLAND

SENIOR MEN LEFT 78 KG

1. TAYNOV, ARTEM. UKRAINE

2. ISKANDOROV, KAZIMIR. RUSSIA

3. TSVYETKOV, OLEKSANDR. UKRAINE

4. MAXIM, FILIPPOV. RUSSIA

5. ASMONAS, MANTAS. LITHUANIA

6. RUDNYTSKYY, ROMAN. UKRAINE

7. KOTCHIAN, ARTEM. RUSSIA

8. SZEWCZYK, TOMASZ. POLAND

9. GROCH, DARIUSZ . POLAND

10. THOROVSKIG, IVAN. UKRAINE

11. CIRPONIS, AINARS. LATVIA

12. SUMAK, PAVEL. BELARUS

13. VINIKOOR, JON. USA

14. MALAKHOV, ANDREY. RUSSIA

SENIOR MEN LEFT 86 KG

1. DOBROVIC, RADOSLAV. SLOVAKIA

2. MATSKEVICH, OLEH. BELARUS

3. KASHPEY, ALEXEY. BELARUS

4. DVUZHILNYJ, VITALY. RUSSIA

5. ALEKSEEV, ANTON. RUSSIA

6. ONDER, DURSUN. TURKEY

7. BABIANOK, ARTSIOM. BELARUS

8. KOZHUSHKO, VIKTOR. UKRAINE

9. RZANNY, WIESLAW. POLAND

10. TSUBURAYA, HIROFUMI. JAPAN

11. SERDYUK, EDUARD. UKRAINE

12. ANKLEWICZ, KRZYSZTOF. POLAND

13. BERDNIKOVICH, ALIAKSANDER. BELARUS

14. WOJTYRA, EMIL. POLAND

15. KRAJCZYNSKI, KRZYSZTOF. POLAND

SENIOR MEN LEFT 95 KG

1. FUDALA, LUCJAN. POLAND

2. BRZENK, JOHN. USA

3. DRUSHCHITS, ALEXANDR. RUSSIA

4. MUSZCZAK, DARIUSZ. POLAND

5. KOTCHIAN, ROBERT. RUSSIA

6. KOVACS, PETER. HUNGARY

7. TARAS, IVAKIN. UKRAINE

8. BADULESCU, SABIN. ROMANIA

9. KRUPNOU, DZIANIS. BELARUS

10. LACHOWICZ, MARCIN. POLAND

11. STANKEVIC, ALEKSEJ. LITHUANIA

12. GLOWINSKI, ARTUR. POLAND

13. SHMYKO, DZMITRY. BELARUS

SENIOR MEN LEFT +95 KG

1. CYPLENKOV, DENIS. RUSSIA

2. BINNIE [10], CHRISTIAN. USA

3. SHARAGOVICH, VIACHESLAV. BELARUS

4. SEMARENKO [7], ALEKSIJ. UKRAINE

5. GRIGAITIS, DARIUS. LITHUANIA

6. CAPPA, DAVIDE. ITALY

7. KANAI, YOSHINOBU. JAPAN

8. LESZKO, ROBERT. POLAND

9. BOGDAN, ROBERT. HUNGARY

SENIOR MEN LEFT OPEN

1. CYPLENKOV, DENIS. RUSSIA

2. SEMARENKO [7], ALEKSIJ. UKRAINE

3. DRUSHCHITS, ALEXANDR. RUSSIA

4. MUSZCZAK, DARIUSZ. POLAND

5. BINNIE [10], CHRISTIAN. USA

6. BRZENK, JOHN. USA

7. SHARAGOVICH, VIACHESLAV. BELARUS

8. DOBROVIC, RADOSLAV. SLOVAKIA

9. FUDALA, LUCJAN. POLAND

10. MATSKEVICH, OLEH. BELARUS

SENIOR WOMEN LEFT 60 KG

1. ILUSHYNA, VIKTOTIIA. UKRAINE

2. BONKOVA, VERONIKA. BULGARIA

3. RYDSTED, FELICIA. SWEDEN

4. BACKMAN, SARH. SWEDEN

5. NYBERG, SARA. SWEDEN

6. OSTROWSKA, MALGORZATA. POLAND

monkeypaws: Travis is phenomenal, no doubt about it. The thing that got many people wondering, was seeing Travis lose in a hook to Giorgi, a 200 pounder. Just imagine if Brzenk had built his status by toprolling people, but lost in a hook match to RJ Molinere or someone at 154# or 165#... even if he could still toproll the guy 10 out of 10 times, other people know that in a hook, he'd be in trouble, with a lighter guy!

This is why it's kinda funny, to say Travis is MILES ahead of everyone, leftie. It looks that way if you see it from a standpoint where the only thing that matters if WIN or LOSE. But once you ask yourself "but if they would go in a hook... he would get beaten by a couple of guys"... you start questioning yourself how invincible he really is.

This IS the only thing that matters.[

I think (and this is my humble opinion, nothing more, NOT a fact!) that is why some people have a hard time crediting him as the best leftie, "by miles!". I seem to recall reading that back in the days, after a slip happened, pullers started in a hook. If this rule were to be brought back, would he still be the greatest, by miles?

You have to put him in a hook to beat him in a hook and if nobody can put him there, then it's a moot point. I don't care if he loses to a 132# Vasgen in a hook, if Vasgen can't put him there, it doesn't matter.

You have to put him in a hook to beat him in a hook and if nobody can put him there, then it's a moot point. I don't care if he loses to a 132# Vasgen in a hook, if Vasgen can't put him there, it doesn't matter.

I know, and I agree. Statistically he'd be the greatest ever for almost never losing. But the thought that he could lose to a 132# Vazgen would still wander in the mind of many, always saying "he's not really THAT strong...", and stuff like that.

I know, and I agree. Statistically he'd be the greatest ever for almost never losing. But the thought that he could lose to a 132# Vazgen would still wander in the mind of many, always saying "he's not really THAT strong...", and stuff like that.

How is he "not that strong" if nobody can put him in a hook? If the "strong" are so "strong" why do they lose their hand and submit to Travis's backpressure? I don't understand the double standard. If a great hooker get's toprolled no big deal but if a great toproller gets hooked and loses, it's because he's not that strong??

Alright bro, I know you know all about pride................do you know he has gone to EVERY tournament including Zloty multiple times and had supermatches with every badass who came along before Denis.......get a grip.

When you get to a high level you tell me after hundreds of tournaments if you are willing to constantly shell out alot of money to constantly whip up on the same guys.

Not GREAT???? He has beaten everyone. Sure, throw that crazy george s h i t out there, but for every one of those.....he has owned brzenk a bunch of times,bath consistently,barboza,crushed devon in their first super match and if not for the reffing it looked to me that in the early rounds he was crushing him again this time around also, semerenko, Pushkar...........many times, dave randall, and maybe the only guy to beat voevoda......when voevoda was TRAINING to armwrestle................among pretty much EVERY top puller out there......he has creamed somewhere along the line.......BOTH HANDS.

Saying he will never be great is a HUGE slap in the face to many legends that he has owned.

I find your reasioning hilarious, who was a more intimidating match to take than a big ass, heavy brzenk a few years ago ?..........noboby, yet travis flies to Japan and pulls him in a super match.

Educate yourself a little before you say such stupid s h i t.

I know what Travis did in the past, and he deserved to be called the best Left hand in the world. But very very early this year Cyplenkov stepped into the game, a new strong Left handed guy. Its often said the Travis is just as good left handed because he doesn't have strong competition.. Voevoda is right handed, Devon is right handed, Usmanov ... second best Left handed to travis ever was probalby Binnie, and in Europa there weren't strong heavy left hand guys neither compared to him. But NOW there is this cyplenkov guy and he announced to be in Zloty and Travis wasn't sure to come.. we don't know why.. Binnie said last weekend that travis is coming, bob brown said he probably isn't.... SO WHAT IN THE HELL SHELL I THINK ABOUT THAT BEHAVIOUR ??

Everybody is talking about that match since we saw cyplenkov, and it must have tickeld Bagent to find out about this guy...

I know Bagent is all about the money, and in zloty he would surely have won some.. so I really don't understand him and didn't liked this move and it kind of makes me remember that Voevoda never had the balls to pull John again (according to Mazurenko) and for me it really takes away a little bit of all the HUGE credit I got for Bagent. I don't know his circumstances but I dare say he could have come to Zloty if he wanted, But he did not come.

Only my opinion as a big fan of armwrestling. If there is a serious reason of Bagent than i take all back and apologice but now I can't say annymore he is the best Left handed... and i only talk about him and his left hand, his right and what he does there is an other story...

My friend said to Travis at the ROTN "What about Denis Cyplenkov?" and Travis responded with "I don't know, that dude is strong!" So I doubt he would be able to beat Denis easily, if he could he would have been like "I'd smash that dude." Also I have seen Christian Binnie beat Travis before so I don't see why Denis wouldn't have a shot considering he is above Christian.

Edited by Josh H

you do know all the people I listed he beat RIGHTY.

Yup.......even voevoda and Devon and John and so on.

Who cares about a hook? Tavis is other worldy strong in his spots........and that is all he has needed. this is like saying "Denis is weak if you toproll him"

I am a huge fan of Engin Terzi, the most impressive and easily the best light weight of all time..............put him in a hook and see what happens........does this mean he is not great? NO, because he is so phenomenally strong at his move that a hook is almost never a problem for him.

Denis is in the finals righty with no loses, Tim Bresnan is on finals on B side with one loss to Denis. Engin Terzi says he will be surprised if John Brzenk beats Denis.

Brzenk just crushed Cyplenkov in the Open final! I'm watching on arm bets tv live (but with no sound)

He took hand control, and Cyplenkov just couldn't do anything and looked shocked, Brzenk just flattened him and opened his huge arm up! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Brzenk went through everyone like a dose of salts in both the 95 and the open classes, just lightning fast pins, notably against Taras and Semerenko, no one had anything for him. Cyplenkov was the only match that even slowed him.

Brzenan beats Semerenko for what must be 3rd or 4th place. Cyplenkov must be due a match to cement his 2nd place, or maybe he already has it, no here he is against Taras , match slips and goes to the strap, Cyplenkov wins inside.

Interestingly earlier on Bresnan was able to break back Cyplenkovs wrist, and start top rolling him, but he simply curled back for a hook and win. This happened twice in the 95+kg class and the open.

Edited by mithras

WOW! I just heard on the NE board that John beat Denis, too! So Denis was able to curl Bresnan's wrist back in, eh? Is Denis going against Taras Ivakin? How come the overalls happened before the other classes were over?

Edited by Josh H

Just edited my post with some answers to your q's Josh. Denis was able to literally curl his wrist back then hook Bresnan. If this had been a faster/stronger toproller they'd have pinned him.

John and Cyplenkov are locking up AGAIN! I don;t understand how the tournament works but maybe you have to win twice to be the champ? Gone to the strap now... maybe this is the final?

There's some kind of kerfuffle, I can't tell if the match happened or not (arm bets jumps forwards and backwards a lot). Either John just pinned him again or something else happened but John just got a HUGE trophy so is Nemiroff champ 2008! Congrats!

Edited by mithras

Thanks for the updates! So that was all in the overall... what happened with Bresnan in the 210+ class (if you know)? WOW John plowing through those guys... I seriously think he is coming for Denis! Engin Terzi said on the NE board that John weighed in at 93kg.

Taras is a pretty good toproller... yeah it must be double elimination and so John has to beat Denis again. WOW!

Edited by Josh H

I think Bresnan took 2nd in his class, but it's so hard to follow with no sound and the leaping back and forward I can't be certain. I'm sure he beat Semerenko, I only saw him lose to Cyplenkov...

Edited by mithras

Alright, thanks for all the posts! So did Taras take 3rd in the overalls and Bresnan took 4th, do you know?

Engin Terzi on NE board just said that John beat Denis in a hook! :yikes:yikes:blink

Edited by Josh H

If they parade everyone onstage I'll know the final result and I'll post it asap. It's infuriating it glitched right when John and Denis were in the strap, Denis looked hella worried and kept complaining about hand position then it skipped and then John was walking off with what seemed like slightly dismissive attitude (from what I could pick up, this may be totally off), perhaps he'd crushed him again!

Edit: In a hook? Amazing!

Devon would definitely put Denis away right handed. I'd also say that Travis' ridiculous left hand would probably stop him - Denis doesn't seem quick off the mark at all and seemed to be quite nervy in the matches he wasn't sure of winning, both things that would suit Travis to a tee.

Edited by mithras

Denis and John were in the strap? I agree, too, that Devon would easily beat Denis RH. Travis would be able to win LH in a toproll, too, unless Denis's fingers and wrist curling power are a significant amount stronger in his right than in his left. Denis did just get into this (after supposedly being a pretty good 154 lbs. puller when he was 17???) so I think he'll only get better. John is #2 in the world and I think he might be coming after Devon, cause I mean, he slaughtered Semerneko and Taras, and I assume Bresnan, too (or he would have if they had pulled). All of those guys have beaten John before I think, so that's pretty amazing.

So where would Denis stand right handed in the rankings? On Engin's world rankings, Tim Bresnan is ranked #8, and he beat Tim. Richard Lupkes is #7, I wonder if a healed Lupkes would beat Denis? It would seem like it seeing that John easily won in a hook and Lupkes beat John in a hook in February this year. Though I do think John is getting better and would beat Lupkes now if (if Lupkes never had pulled his bicep). Ron Bath is ranked #6 and I think he'd beat Denis for sure considering he gave John a tough match at the ROTN and he could probably take Denis's hand.

Edited by Josh H

Congrats to John for yet another phenomenal performance. :rock

So where would Denis stand right handed in the rankings?

On the NE board, I posted my own rankings for overall in North America right now:

1. Larratt

2. Randall

3. Bagent

4. Brzenk

5. Bath

6. Cadorette

7. Todd

8. Barboza

9. Bresnan

10. Espey

I would put Cyplenkov between Bath and Todd right now - maybe at Cadorette's level? That would be an interesting match-up. I don't know enough about the pullers outside this hemisphere to be able to comment on confidently.

Also, it looks to me that Devon is not only the top right-hand puller in the world now, but tops by a heathy margin.

Edited by G-Man

Just why is David Randall at that spot in your rankings?? I'm curious.

http://www.armsportvideos.com/Years-Links/...rs%20Finals.wmv

Scroll to 5:20 - Randall over Bresnan, made it look easy.

http://www.armsportvideos.com/Years-Links/...ight%20Pt.3.wmv

Scroll to 10:00 - Randall over Milano, made it look real easy.

Scroll to 12:25 - Randall over Bresnan, made it look easy.

Bresnan has victories over Brzenk, Lupkes, Bagent, Barboza, Todd, Espey, Woelfel and many others. Randall wins over Bresnan convincingly.

Randall tends to win convincingly over Bath, who has an even more impressive resume than Bresnan.

Maybe Bagent should be #2? I was watching those supermatches with Larratt and Bagent looked very impressive. I think it can go either way, but I would give a slight edge to Randall on pure power.

Edited by G-Man

Denis and John were in the strap? I agree, too, that Devon would easily beat Denis RH. Travis would be able to win LH in a toproll, too, unless Denis's fingers and wrist curling power are a significant amount stronger in his right than in his left. Denis did just get into this (after supposedly being a pretty good 154 lbs. puller when he was 17???) so I think he'll only get better. John is #2 in the world and I think he might be coming after Devon, cause I mean, he slaughtered Semerneko and Taras, and I assume Bresnan, too (or he would have if they had pulled). All of those guys have beaten John before I think, so that's pretty amazing.

So where would Denis stand right handed in the rankings? On Engin's world rankings, Tim Bresnan is ranked #8, and he beat Tim. Richard Lupkes is #7, I wonder if a healed Lupkes would beat Denis? It would seem like it seeing that John easily won in a hook and Lupkes beat John in a hook in February this year. Though I do think John is getting better and would beat Lupkes now if (if Lupkes never had pulled his bicep). Ron Bath is ranked #6 and I think he'd beat Denis for sure considering he gave John a tough match at the ROTN and he could probably take Denis's hand.

Yeah in the strap, and Denis was getting VERY cagey as the"go" approached, which is when the footage cut for me :( Anyway I'm sure we'll see it soon enough. John did beat Bresnan again in the heats yeah.

For once, I pretty much agree with everything in your post Josh :cool

Based on what I saw, and this is just my opinion, being a very good top roller (like Tim Bresnan) isn't quite enough to beat Cyplenkov right handed, you'd need the hand and wrist control to take his hand first then the power to hold his wrist there in a losing position and quickly put his arm away. If he gets you inside on his side of the table it seems a different story altogether - he just goes straight for the pin, but I've not seen the match with him and John in a hook yet so I'm only basing this on the matches where people didn't take hand control. He was probably "tired" by the time the match against John in the hook came too.

John was extremely fired up and obviously well prepared for this, so perhaps it's not a good gauge to compare his opponents from earlier this year when he wasn't as healthy, but from what I've seen I'd guess Lupkes would be close against Cyplenkov, so would Bath if he could take his hand and not get into a losing position and go straight for the pin. Bagent would have a good chance right handed and I still think a left handed match could be interesting, as we just don't know how much stronger Cyplenkovs left is than his right, or how much better his hand control is to avoid the toproll Travis will hit him with.

Thanks for posting the vids of Dave Randall G-Man, I'll check them out!

Edited by mithras

I agree with you, too, mithras. I don't know about Randall, though, he beat those guys but I saw John beat him in the 90's in a video (he beat him twice, once wasn't very hard) and it seems like Randall would have been better then since he isn't very active now, and just lifts weights. It's weird, I would put John and Travis about him though.