Denis Cyplenkov

pawel r

Amazing! I can't wait until he armwrestles some of the bigger armwrestlers and I'd love to see what he can do at Zloty Tur 2008. This is the kind of thing that makes me sad that the time machine has not been invented yet :(

It will be interesting to see what he can do with the world's absolute best. From the looks of him and the vids I've seen, if he gets more technique and training there'll be no stopping him.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mithras

• jad

• blueviper42

Yes, it will be very intresting to see if he will go and face some of the best athletes. By just looking at the video he just seems to be brutally strong. If he worked on his speed and technique he could be even better. I guess it's difficult to bend his wrists, because I think his tendons are made of red nails... :D

• 9 months later...

I always thought his hands looked like there was something wrong with them. They look very stubby and don't look like they would really be very strong....of course he seems to be doing fine regardless.

he looks like a überbuff midget :o

Dennis is tall at 6'2" He is not short just too big! If you weigh 315 lbs and 6'2' YOU LOOK SHORT TOO.

Damn dude. But he is also still armwrestling I think... right? :unsure

Zloty is today!

btw I am thinking that Denis has the biggest forearms on the Earth. Also possible the strongest arms - I wonder what his stats are like in the gym for bicep or peacher curl?

Edited by Josh H

I think Florian was joking ;)

You'd have a hard time proving he had the worlds strongest arms based on curl numbers anyway, you'd end up in the inevitable talk about form, cheating etc

Edited by mithras

Denis is at Zloty, a couple pics (pre-tournament I presume):

http://www.armpower.net/index.php?page=newsmore&id=1280

I think Florian was joking ;)

You'd have a hard time proving he had the worlds strongest arms based on curl numbers anyway, you'd end up in the inevitable talk about form, cheating etc

I know, I'm just curious. It would have to be a video with good form.

Edited by Josh H

Nope. They are down to the final 3 left handed. There's gonna be a 3 hour break. John Brzenk is in final 3 in 209's with 1 loss. In the superheavy's final 3 is Christian Binnie (1 loss, to Alexey Semerenko, later beat Semerenko), Denis Cyplenkov (no loses, beat Semerenko), and somebody else.

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/index.cg...3180&page=1

Edited by Josh H

Bob Brown told me that usually the people who run the tournament pay Travis just to show up, but they wouldn't do that this time. So Travis didn't go. Maybe he is afraid of Denis? idk.

He's probably scared of losing and probably didn't want to shell out the money to go. I doubt he would admit to being scared of losing lefty though.

Yeah. btw Brzenk is in the finals lefty and Christian Binnie is also in the finals - he and Cyplenkov should be competing for 1st place any time now!!! I got money on Denis - any takers?

Denis won. John also got 2nd.

Bob Brown told me that usually the people who run the tournament pay Travis just to show up, but they wouldn't do that this time. So Travis didn't go. Maybe he is afraid of Denis? idk.

Trips to Poland aren't cheap and if he usually gets paid and doesn't now, I can't blame him.

Trips to Poland aren't cheap and if he usually gets paid and doesn't now, I can't blame him.

That is true, however, Brzenk still went and Travis would probably win about as much money as he does and more than christian and Tim Bresnan, who also went, since they are each only going in one class and Travis would go right and left.

But even if he was to win this time, he still wouldn't be getting his "turning up" fee so he would still be down on how much he'd usually get....

My money is on him waiting for the verdict from the other pullers on Cyplenkov then training some more.... and some more, building up the talk then possibly having a vendetta style match against him ;)

I can't believe how twisted you all are.

Some big A S S guy pops up and you all wanna discredit someone.

Denis is awesome.........no doubt about it, but to say Travis is "AFRAID"! is asinine.

Travis has made even the closest guys behind him look like rag dolls.

He would be an utter fool for thinking anything but him being able to crush Denis......................this is performance based and not speculation like all you daydreamers like to think.

Do you know Zloty pays out LESS than ROTN ?

HMMMMMMMMM.....try and get Floyd Mayweather to fight for 5 grand at your local boxing club because there is a guy there who beat a guy who beat a guy who once gave a good fight to someone who once almost beat Floyd..............get my meaning.

BALONIE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't read it anymore!!

He IS the big dog, stop trying to find toe NEXT BIG THING, right now Travis is "IT"

Fact is .............the money is S H I T...................so, some other pullers from the US want to spend the money for the trip....................god bless em'................it is probabally an amazing experience.............but, remember EVERY puller there is there for the first time ( except JOHN )

Travis has been to Zloty as many times as any american..............get a grip yall...............like him or not.........Travis is a phenomenal armwrestler who will REMAIN at the top........................like it or not.

I am very excited what Binnie tells about cyplenkov.

No disrespect to you Rob, But Travis isn't that superior as you described it. Didn't Georgie pinned him this year ?? Sure Georgie has absolutly NO chance against Travis, but travis admitted that georgie probably has a stronger hook. WTF !!!!

So IMO it's no daydream to think Cyplenkov will handle him with ease.

And I think, Armwrestling isn't yet all about the money like Boxing you can't yet compare that. It's more about a Respect and Honour thing (atleast for me)

If there were no money on the line i would FULLY understand why Travis wasn't going. But no it seems he is scared...and cause of that he will never be the caliber of a John Brzenk who never hides and who searchs the competition. You can't claim to be the best if you hide.. IMO. OR Travis is just clever hoping that there will be an other opportunity like a Vendetta or something which pays out more for him... Hm but then don't say I come and two weeks later No..

Alright bro, I know you know all about pride................do you know he has gone to EVERY tournament including Zloty multiple times and had supermatches with every badass who came along before Denis.......get a grip.

When you get to a high level you tell me after hundreds of tournaments if you are willing to constantly shell out alot of money to constantly whip up on the same guys.

Not GREAT???? He has beaten everyone. Sure, throw that crazy george s h i t out there, but for every one of those.....he has owned brzenk a bunch of times,bath consistently,barboza,crushed devon in their first super match and if not for the reffing it looked to me that in the early rounds he was crushing him again this time around also, semerenko, Pushkar...........many times, dave randall, and maybe the only guy to beat voevoda......when voevoda was TRAINING to armwrestle................among pretty much EVERY top puller out there......he has creamed somewhere along the line.......BOTH HANDS.

Saying he will never be great is a HUGE slap in the face to many legends that he has owned.

I find your reasioning hilarious, who was a more intimidating match to take than a big ass, heavy brzenk a few years ago ?..........noboby, yet travis flies to Japan and pulls him in a super match.

Educate yourself a little before you say such stupid s h i t.

if this is your logic.......I have seen ivan matyushenko........a very light guy........crush denis..............more than once..................so there goes your theories.

Maybe anyone who has a loss or meets someone that has stronger "spot" will never be great.

Pllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss

sssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee, spare me the non sense