Denis Cyplenkov

pawel r

Wade - I think it's a misunderstanding.

What Pavel meant was " You're not stronger than the weakest link" refering to Denis. It had nothing to do with your strength I think.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mithras

• jad

• blueviper42

Never said he was weak. Here's what I said: "Looks like his fingers are weak to me - compared to his lat and bicep strength - especially the ring and pinkie." He's obviously very strong but has some parts that aren't quite up to par with his total body strength so his weakness was exposed by John. He did great in the tournament and obviously has trained very hard to transition to the table.

you are so strong how strong is your the weakest element

Sorry. Dennis is great; John got lucky; I am weak; you are strong. Everyone happy now? I'll get out of the discussion.

I think pawel meant "You are only as strong as your weakest link". I don't think he meant anything against you.

What Pavel meant was " You're not stronger than the weakest link" refering to Denis. It had nothing to do with your strength I think.

Never said he was weak. Here's what I said: "Looks like his fingers are weak to me - compared to his lat and bicep strength - especially the ring and pinkie." He's obviously very strong but has some parts that aren't quite up to par with his total body strength so his weakness was exposed by John. He did great in the tournament and obviously has trained very hard to transition to the table.

Sorry. Dennis is great; John got lucky; I am weak; you are strong. Everyone happy now? I'll get out of the discussion.

I think pawel meant "You are only as strong as your weakest link". I don't think he meant anything against you.

Thanks guys, exactly it was so ......

it's a misunderstanding

Thanks guys, exactly it was so ......

it's a misunderstanding

Ok, then I am silly! Sorry for the misunderstanding. For the record I am very surprised how good Cyplenkov did in such a short time of serious training. He obviously has some serious tools to work with.

maybe dont just judge him by his right arm, hes been even more encredible with his left, which he was only going to compete at zloty but then went for both. and he dominated with his left! it maybe that his right hand doesnt get that much better, cause he is a lefty?? is travis as good on his right as he is left, is brzenk as good on his left as he is right. im sure denis has much to improve on his right arm, but lets not say he lsot because he has weak fingers or hand and wrist strength, he didnt win on the right openclass cause the man john brzenk was just so much more stronger in every area, so much more powerful, in which denis didnt have a chance. just cause this guy is as big as the hulk doesnt mean he is going to be invincable on both hands, hes human afterall! Bravo for denis competing on his right even though his original intention was for left only! he did brilliant, he had amazing wins on taras, semeranko, tim bresman, he is clearly in the top 10 right handed pullers in the world, as well as probably being #1 in left hand! and he never took defeat badly on his right vs brzenk, maybe he did better than expected! but...he won on his left hand!

Until he meets me he will keep going through all the pullers like butter! (j/k)

there is no way i would put Dennis ahead of Travis left handed. If his left hand/wrist is the same as his right then Travis would go right trough his hand. Until Dennis improves those areas i dont think he would beat Travis either hand because of how good of a top-roller Travis is

If Devon stays on the course he is on, Dennis will NOT beat him within a year, if ever in my opinion. If John keeps training hard in order to beat Dennis again, Dennis won't beat John either.

maybe dont just judge him by his right arm, hes been even more encredible with his left, which he was only going to compete at zloty but then went for both. and he dominated with his left! it maybe that his right hand doesnt get that much better, cause he is a lefty?? is travis as good on his right as he is left, is brzenk as good on his left as he is right. im sure denis has much to improve on his right arm, but lets not say he lsot because he has weak fingers or hand and wrist strength, he didnt win on the right openclass cause the man john brzenk was just so much more stronger in every area, so much more powerful, in which denis didnt have a chance. just cause this guy is as big as the hulk doesnt mean he is going to be invincable on both hands, hes human afterall! Bravo for denis competing on his right even though his original intention was for left only! he did brilliant, he had amazing wins on taras, semeranko, tim bresman, he is clearly in the top 10 right handed pullers in the world, as well as probably being #1 in left hand! and he never took defeat badly on his right vs brzenk, maybe he did better than expected! but...he won on his left hand!

Until he meets me he will keep going through all the pullers like butter! (j/k)

there is no way i would put Dennis ahead of Travis left handed. If his left hand/wrist is the same as his right then Travis would go right trough his hand. Until Dennis improves those areas i dont think he would beat Travis either hand because of how good of a top-roller Travis is

his left hand wrist is so much more better than his right though! thats why his trainer said before zloty that he would compete only left as he was sure he would be bale to beat anyone.

like you, i still have my money on travis over denis, and sooner or later, they must meet!

BUT....if denis continues going to tournaments, and travis doesnt or pulls out for whatever reason, there hsould be some thought to who is the #1 lefty.

• 11 months later...

I agree with G-man... IMHO too ANYONE can pin him in a hook... Lefty

Even if after this year we have seen that also him can be "broken" Righty at least.

So I don't know how his left arm can hold on in a OPEN CLASS with

John, Devon, Arsen, Pushkar and Travis... without tactical programs

but i think ONLY Travis would be not enough...

Hope to see an open with these guy together some day. (i know i know....it's only a dream) :mosher

Edited by bicio

lol did you watch the matches ??? How can you dare say that he is beatable !!....

"Travis beats him" :laugh travis isn't even top 3 in the world anymore in my opinon ...

Did you guys see John hook Travis and beat him two times at the ROTN? John said Denis's left arm felt like pulling a telephone pole. And I agree, Bagent is not top 3 in the World lefty. :(

Didn't Pushkar easily beat Genadi Kvikvinia (sorry didn't see all the footage yet) and Genadi beat John. I know styles make match-ups but John's only just behind Travis left handed now. I think Denis and Pushkar would both beat Travis, not sure who else, and Travis even if he starts training hard will not be able to catch up to Denis's left.

I think Denis and Pushkar would both beat Travis, not sure who else, and Travis even if he starts training hard will not be able to catch up to Denis's left.

I think Wagner Bortolato might be ahead of Travis lefty now. Was not Arsen beating up Travis lefty as well on the practice table?

I think Dmitry Kochiev might be ahead of Travis lefty since he reportedly beat Pushkar lefty easily, not too long ago.

When Travis was on his game, no one in the world could touch him but now it looks like things might have changed (for the time being).

I think Denis and Pushkar would both beat Travis, not sure who else, and Travis even if he starts training hard will not be able to catch up to Denis's left.

I think Wagner Bortolato might be ahead of Travis lefty now. Was not Arsen beating up Travis lefty as well on the practice table?

I think Dmitry Kochiev might be ahead of Travis lefty since he reportedly beat Pushkar lefty easily, not too long ago.

When Travis was on his game, no one in the world could touch him but now it looks like things might have changed (for the time being).

Dima Kotchiev has not competed since his supermatch with John in July 2008 (unless he competed in some small tournament that idk about). So I have no idea where he'd be or if he is even training right now. Wagner is strong for sure, Engin ranked him 3rd in the World over Pushkar but that's just guesswork - he easily beat everybody at Worlds at 242 left handed (but so did Pushkar in the supers) and he beat Marcio Barboza easily left handed (but so did Pushkar in 2008). I'm not sure who has beaten him or given him a run (?).

Engin said some guys were beating Travis left handed in Turkey but Travis was just playing around, because Engin can beat the guys who were beating Travis. idk about Arsen beating Travis left handed. However, Roman beat Travis on the practice table and Roman's a beast but like Travis said "Put $500 on the table and see what happens."

Main point it is possible Travis isn't even top 5 left handed in the World right now but I'd need to see more people beat him / give him tough matches before putting him off the top 5. I would put Denis at #1 and Pushkar #2 since he gave Denis some trouble, and John couldn't do anything to Denis... but gave Travis all that he could handle.

Edited by Josh H