Ivanko Super Gripper 3 Springs?

ewokhugo

the ivanko gripper have 2 springs i guess the max its about 365 lbs(11/12) ... if i add one more spring i can increase the weight.

do u think its a good idea?i think with 3 u can get +- 500 pounds... good for negatives right?or it will destroy the gripper?

It's a good idea to do 3 springs, but only if you're strong enough. Don't push too hard or you'll injure yourself. You definitely shouldn't put it on the 3 hardest settings, but you could definitely use 3 on lighter settings for more adjustability.

It's a good idea to do 3 springs, but only if you're strong enough. Don't push too hard or you'll injure yourself. You definitely shouldn't put it on the 3 hardest settings, but you could definitely use 3 on lighter settings for more adjustability.

I have closed the VICE GRIPPER with 3 springs in an 11,9,7 position (this suits me because you sort of close it like an inverted gripper. On this setting it felt like a #4). I have got an ISG but only 2 springs for it.

Yeah but you're crazy strong Sam, no offense to Hugo but I don't think he can invert a #4 strength like you

If you guys think it might help with your ISG training you can install my suite of ISG applications. These are free.

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/mathgod/sg/supergripper.html

The four-spring color table should give a good visual to help you decide if you want additional springs. The results are set up so that the top set of numbers are the spring settings and the bottom values are the resulting inner-grip and outer-grip tensions.

Closing the super gripper with 3 springs is world class. Check out this pic of Nathan Holle doing it:

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album01/aci

He's closing it on 12,10,8 which is an amazing 451 lbs !

I have 3 springs on my ISG and clearly more useful settings and increments than 2 springs and especially as one progresses above 270 lb.

.. neilkaz ..

I couldn't even get the third spring on there

Take the end caps off and try to hook the shorter (if I recall) using a screwdriver. Teemu used to have a video of this someplace, but I can't find it to link you.

Keep in mind, that with 3 springs the easiest setting is 101 lb, which should be much trouble for anyone here to use as a warmup. I would never go back to a 2 springed ISG.

Edited by neilkaz

Don: u made a great work with ivanko calculator!congrats!

Neilkaz: 101 lbs? it deppends of your level.. i believe some guys here warm up with at least 200 lbs or higher..

about the temmu's video? i d like to take a clos elook.. but the video has gone ...

maidenfan:"Hook the spring to the bottom then take a pair of pliers and pull the spring up and over the top"

-Not familiar with this technique , can u post a picture? thanks in advance.

I used to have a video, but thought it was a bit crappy, so I deleted it. I will have to check if I still have that somewhere. I also agree with neilkaz, it is good to have 3 springs and the lightest setting should be light enough atleast for men and 3 springs allows for plenty of small steps if you need them (and I think most do need them every once in a while), so it's pretty good.

Damn, that Nathan Holles 8,10,12 close is sick! :whacked

Edited by Teemu I

Maidenfan: thanks a lot !i aprecciated!

Temmu I: "Damn, that Nathan Holles 8,10,12 close is sick"

its 451 pounds!!!waw!!!(thanks to "Barbender's" calculator!)

thanks for trying to find the video; dont know how to use the hose clamp+ elastic band to add resistence..my quest : its the elastic band resistence the same as the spring? dont think so...how can i get teh idea of the weight i am using if i use 2 springs + elastic band?