• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GordonV

• twig

• bigmatt

• vikingsrule92

The foundry is doing a run of BLOB50s and I should have them sometime around the 18th of this month.
Anyone know what the shipping to the UK would be? Anyone know what the shipping for 2 would be?

twig the shipping on blob50 was $200 when i asked about it, when he made the last batch

Edited by egg_uk

Gordon,

Thanks for putting the work in on this!

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

My brother claims that he will have the drawings ready to go next week. This would be great because everything BLOB60 related has been stalled out with his lack of activity (course he is doing it for free so I should just STFU).

On another note I did just take delivery of some new BLOB50s from the foundry yesterday and have them painted up and ready to go. The cost from the foundry jumped $10 in six months which sucks....

Total including US shipping (flat rate usps box) is $130.

For those in the EU and UK now might be your chance to pick one up with the dollar taking a beating.

Thanks!

Gordon

If the drawings are ready to go next week, what is a realistic time frame for them to be ready?

Thanks,

Josh

When I did the BLOB50 it took roughly 4 weeks for them to do the pattern and make a couple sample BLOBS. It took the foundry another two and a half weeks to cast the first 50. Total time from start to finish was a little over 6 weeks.

However the last two runs of BLOB50s took them 4 weeks from the time I placed the order till I took delivery.

My estimate would be 6-8 weeks.

Thanks,

Gordon

"On another note I did just take delivery of some new BLOB50s from the foundry yesterday and have them painted up and ready to go. The cost from the foundry jumped $10 in six months which sucks....

Total including US shipping (flat rate usps box) is $130."

Cannon That was for the BLOB50.

Update:

My brother claims that he will have the drawings ready to go next week. This would be great because everything BLOB60 related has been stalled out with his lack of activity (course he is doing it for free so I should just STFU).

On another note I did just take delivery of some new BLOB50s from the foundry yesterday and have them painted up and ready to go. The cost from the foundry jumped $10 in six months which sucks....

For those in the EU and UK now might be your chance to pick one up with the dollar taking a beating.

Thanks!

Gordon

How do we go about placing an order for a BLOB50?

Thanks

"On another note I did just take delivery of some new BLOB50s from the foundry yesterday and have them painted up and ready to go. The cost from the foundry jumped $10 in six months which sucks....

Total including US shipping (flat rate usps box) is $130."

Cannon That was for the BLOB50.

Indeed! Good call :D

Update:

Thanks!

Gordon

How do we go about placing an order for a BLOB50?

Thanks

Thanks Gordon . Just received the BLOB50. Had just finished working hexes and my hands were fried. I'll rest up for a couple of days and give it a shot. That was superfast delivery. For anyone who doesn't have a 50# YORK BLOB, this is the way to go. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested. If for no reason other than to train with it so that my 50 pounder begins to seem less stuck.

I'll take one sir - maybe my wife won't notice the loot missing :inno:whistel

Edited by Paul Knight

Oh! and about the 3 options issue - I can't remember what everyone else put, but I do remember you saying that if the only thing that changes is the diameter - it might be just like adding ten pounds to the blob 50 - if thats the case - everyone can do that with a wire like everyone is already doing - therefore I think all the ratio's should remain and simpkly make the whole thing larger - It will probably become more popular than the blob - it will be a whole other animal - which means I think it should have a completely new name - to avoid confusion (I think someone on this thread already made the same suggestion about the ratio, so - I agree) I'll try and help w/a name if you decide to change the name.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally!!

OK guys the drawings have been to the pattern maker and I've gotten the quote from the foundry.

It looks like the price for the BLOB60 will be $220 each.

If I do this I will do a run of 50.

I need to have 25 guys who are firm commits or I'm not going to do it.

You can let me know via e-mail

I got a break on the pattern by having the tooling place do it as a fill in job. The original quote from one place was 2K for just the pattern.

You can let me know if you are a firm commit via PM or e-mail vizecky@yahoo.com.

The pattern will take 3-4 weeks and the BLOB60's should be delivered 3 weeks after.

I'm thinking of painting them red. Thoughts?

Gordon

Gordon Red, is a great idea I think they would look perfect that way

• 3 weeks later...
Yuck.Hope the sweat doesn't turn it pink :( . How 'bout a nice blue? I think black might work too :D

maybe they should be pink. if for nothing else then the comedy factor.

friend-"what's that pink thing over there?

grip guy-"that is the manliest thing ever made; the ultimate grip feat."

friend-"............ fag"