Destination:certification

Hubgeezer

Your attitude is very inspiring.

Best of luck with your training ! 2010 will be a good year for you !!

That's OK Mike.

Looking forward to seeing how your workouts go in the future!

Been a week since I posted last Saturday.

Sunday. Nothing.

Monday. Very light gripper workout.

Tuesday. Deadlifts (regular bar) & Reverse Hyperextensions, nothing else. Using more of a "Kubik" approach for Geezers. Not supposed to be getting stronger, but I am.

Wednesday. Nothing.

Thursday. Heavy gripper workout.

Friday. Nothing.

Saturday. Weights workout & grip. Reverse Hyperextensions, a little IM Axle Deadlift work, Trap Bar Deadlifts (one set of 15), light pullovers, IM Hub, FBBC One Inch Vertical Bar, overhead presses, curls, Rolling Thunder, Formulator Flexions, Formulator Extensions.

Highlights: Deadlifts are helping my Axle. Am doing Rolling Thunder to improve Rolling Thunder and Axle Deadlift. My Axle has been held back more by the Deadlift than grip. Using "standard plates" on a skinny bar forces me to go down farther, and I can use more weight doing regular deadlifts. Today did one rep of 318 DO on the Axle, and it may have been the easiest 318 I ever had. Did 313 at the Nationals in September, barely, and pulled 323 only one-third up on two attempts. My max is 331 done when I weighed 30 pounds more, in late 2008. That's neat, improving the Axle without working it. Will try to do 323 in practice again in two weeks, and I it should not feel anything like a 1 Rep Maximum.

Didn't get my "3" gripper workouts in, but my gripper strength was better last Thursday night than it was at the end of the previous week. Credit Card Set, was 1/8th of an inch off of closing my 154 lb No. 3 gripper. Not acceptable, but better than it had been running.

Right now, I am a 2.8 CCS closer and a 2.9 HG set (Hubgeezer set = 1 5/8ths of an inch)closer. Oh, sometimes I am a 2.9 CCS and 3.0 HG set closer, but not consistently. The best shape of my life was a 3.0 CCS and 3.1 HG set, late 2008. My goal was to Certify at 3.1 CCS and 3.2 HG set, but I have not been there yet.

Besides Certification, another longer term goal is to Deadlift 400, and DO Deadlift 350 on the Axle. My best ever is 366 on Deadlift (early 2009, heavier) and 331 DO Axle (December 2008, heavier than now by 35 pounds).

Mike - all those goals seem very reasonable. Don't let Brooks book hold you back - you certainly can get stronger after 50 in movements you haven't specialized in before. Brooks was a big bench press guy when young - I don't think he can reach that level again now but take a lift he didn't work much on before and I believe its not only possible but likely that you can make gains and set PRs in it.

Mike - all those goals seem very reasonable. Don't let Brooks book hold you back - you certainly can get stronger after 50 in movements you haven't specialized in before. Brooks was a big bench press guy when young - I don't think he can reach that level again now but take a lift he didn't work much on before and I believe its not only possible but likely that you can make gains and set PRs in it.

I have both Dino training and Grey hair and Iron, I chuckle at Grey hair and Iron it is like Brooks wants you to put a skirt on after you turn 40 :whacked

Monday. Light gripper workout.

Tuesday-Thursday. Nothing.

Friday. Heavy gripper workout.

Saturday. Weights & nongripper grip work. Rolling Thunder, have not really progressed any with maximum for a while. Had a fluke day with left hand at the end of the workout. My max best on new handle for left hand is 182. Did 42 reps with 147 yesterday. Usually it goes out at 9-15, depending on the workout earlier. Needless to say, I will put 152 on it for next time. Early in the workout, I failed to lift 177 with my left hand. 42 reps with 147?

• 2 weeks later...

Been two weeks. No great shakes on gripper progress, but it "feels" like something is happening. Started calling my own set HGS, Meaning "Hubgeezer Set". Was calling it HG Set, HGS is how I now notate it in my journal. These days, I seem to be consistent at about 1/24th off of closing the 154 RGC Number 3. Not great, but something. My latest gripper approach has been 4-6 for reps "light" gripper days (after excluding warmup sets with anything under 2.5 level), and 6-8 for "medium" gripper days. "Heavy" gripper days are more than 15. Doing it this way "feels" like I am rested every time I have a gripper day, and it "feels" like progress is being made. Improvements not really measurable, but the "feel" is giving me reason to be optimistic.

My last time I did "choker" closes with the 158 RGC Number 3, it was about 1/24th of an inch off of closing. That's the best it has been in a couple of months.

I am also now using my brother's 1997 or 1998 Number 3 he loaned me. Toughest 3 I have ever seen. Definitely tougher than my 165 Elite. Slightly over 3 inch handle spread. Just perfect for me, as it is also an "IronMind", which is the best to mimic an IronMind, even if it is several generations ago. Brother's name is John, so I have dubbed this one the "J2" Number 3. J2 is way tougher than my 158 which I have lovingly called my Super 3. The 154 Number 3 is called my C3, as in Certification 3. It was the failed June 2009 Certification Gripper. Important to name your favorite grippers, and these are my favorite 3. If I keep babbling on like this, I will be sure to lose readers, which is fine by me, because I plan on revealing top secret and World News in the Grip World Information and Intelligence Community within this thread. So, it becomes a special bonus for those reading this.

Okay, back on Planet Earth, I had a number of PRs today:

1. Single Rep Maximum on the Trap Bar, 373 pounds. Not much, but hey, my previous best was 368 lbs on May 30, 2010, so I will take it.

2. Did 5 reps of 335 pounds on the Trap Bar also. On January 1, 2005, I did 335 on the Trap Bar, and my notes said "mid-back could have exploded". I had at least 2 more reps in me, but Gray Hair Black Iron was speaking to me so I did not.

3. Did 44 reps with 152 pounds with my weak left hand on the Rolling Thunder.

4. Did 15 reps with 167 pounds with my right hand on the Rolling Thunder.

Pulled 291 on the One Inch Vertical today. Not that much, but I had a hard vbar workout last Saturday, and it normally takes more than a week to recover from a hard vbar workout for me.

Wednesday night, tried 323 on the Axle. Had it above the kneecaps, but the hands/grip were not going to let me complete the pull. Did this after a Deadlift Workout, so my grip was shot. The strength is not the factor that it was before. So, my "plan is working". Good.

Okay, Top Secret grip news. It looks that at the Fit Expo in Los Angeles in January, 2011, there will be the first Vise Grip Viking Challenge TM on the main stage. So, a Mighty Mitts-inspired competition, only the event already has had secret input from NonStrongman style grip guy types, so it will not consist of events that only Freaks of Hand Nature need apply. Yep, this thing is an odd and eclectic sort of structure. More to follow, only in this thread.

Remember, you read it here first. :mosher

Meanwhile, Certification, yes, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. :whistel

Since the last post, I had a week like my schedule would like it to be.

Sunday, August 8. Rest. Nothing.

Monday, August 9. Gripper day, "light" level. After warmups, 5 heavy singles.

Tuesday, August 10. Deadlift day. Went well.

Wednesday, August 11. Gripper day, "medium" level. 8 heavy singles.

Thursday, August 12. Rest. Nothing.

Friday, August 13. Gripper day, "heavy" level. 20 heavy singles. Closed my 154 lb Number 3 with a 1 5/8ths inch set. Was 1/8th of an inch off of credit card closing my 158 lb RGC Number 3.

Saturday, August 14. Weights and grip. PRs: 26 reps on the Version III of Rolling Thunder with 157 left hand, and 26 reps with the right hand. Little Big Horn (don't see that much now, do we?) pulled 161 in plates left, just missed 171 for right. PR to date on right was 170, not sure what the left was before today.

Fit Expo grip contest. Inside sources tell me that someone not at Mighty Mitts but who would have finished top 3 easily may be there in Los Angeles. Looking better all the time. No one knows anything about this except the 3 people who read this thread. Stay tuned for more.

The light/medium/heavy gripper approach seems to be about right. I am improving on both grippers and strength and grip, which I do not usually do. The only thing I have really cut out is my pinch, not doing any two hand plate pinch or block/blob work. I am doing some IM Hub work, and that is slowly coming back. Weighed the device and plates and it came to 62 pounds, and that was by no means 100% effort today. One inch vertical, did an easy and comfortable 296 with my right hand about 4 inches and decided I better stop while ahead.

Hbgzr

Edited by Hubgeezer

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last post, I had a week like my schedule would like it to be.

Sunday, August 8. Rest. Nothing.

Monday, August 9. Gripper day, "light" level. After warmups, 5 heavy singles.

Tuesday, August 10. Deadlift day. Went well.

Wednesday, August 11. Gripper day, "medium" level. 8 heavy singles.

Thursday, August 12. Rest. Nothing.

Friday, August 13. Gripper day, "heavy" level. 20 heavy singles. Closed my 154 lb Number 3 with a 1 5/8ths inch set. Was 1/8th of an inch off of credit card closing my 158 lb RGC Number 3.

Saturday, August 14. Weights and grip. PRs: 26 reps on the Version III of Rolling Thunder with 157 left hand, and 26 reps with the right hand. Little Big Horn (don't see that much now, do we?) pulled 161 in plates left, just missed 171 for right. PR to date on right was 170, not sure what the left was before today.

Fit Expo grip contest. Inside sources tell me that someone not at Mighty Mitts but who would have finished top 3 easily may be there in Los Angeles. Looking better all the time. No one knows anything about this except the 3 people who read this thread. Stay tuned for more.

The light/medium/heavy gripper approach seems to be about right. I am improving on both grippers and strength and grip, which I do not usually do. The only thing I have really cut out is my pinch, not doing any two hand plate pinch or block/blob work. I am doing some IM Hub work, and that is slowly coming back. Weighed the device and plates and it came to 62 pounds, and that was by no means 100% effort today. One inch vertical, did an easy and comfortable 296 with my right hand about 4 inches and decided I better stop while ahead.

Hbgzr

[/quote

Congrats on closing one of ur #3's n missing only by a bit on a CCS set on another. Keep working towards that cert :rock

Sunday, August 15. Nothing.

Monday, August 16. Light gripper day.

Tuesday, August 17. Deadlift night. Did a very strong 323 DO A Axle deadlift. Didn't get 333 very far.

Wednesday, August 18. Medium gripper day.

Thursday, August 19. Nothing.

Friday, August 20. Heavy gripper day. Nothing exciting to report.

Saturay, August 21. Weights and grip. Nothing exciting to report.

Sunday, August 22. Nothing.

Monday, August 23. Nothing. Resting for a grip test.

Tuesday, August 24. Nothing Resting for a grip test.

Wednesday, August 25. Medium gripper day, including a gripper test. How did I do? C+. Closed my 154 lb No 3 with 1 5/8ths inch set. Was just under 1/8th of an inch off of closing it CCS. Was 1/8th of an inch off closing 158 lb No 3 CCS. Easily closed my unrated Grand Master with HGS (Hubgeezer Set).

Thursday, August 26. Nothing.

Friday, August 27. Heavy gripper night, 20 heavy singles right hand after warming up. Was less than 3/8ths of an inch from closing HGS my RB300 measured at 184 on RGC.

Saturday, August 28. Weights and grip. Got 20 reps on the Trap Bar with 295 Pounds. TIME TO PUT MORE WEIGHT ON THE BAR AGAIN IN THE TRAP BAR, THIS TIME TO 300 LBS! Had a solid right hand PR with my Rolling Thunder, Version III, 194 lbs. Held it for several seconds. Had worked up to 216 on the RT in November 2008, and then with the new style of device had to start over, in the low 180s, now up to 194, very solid. Handled 60 pounds very well on the IronMind Hub with right hand. Got to get my IronMind Hub numbers up so that when I am in the biggest grip contest and most unique grip contest in the history of the world, I need to prove that I do not just clear the lower level of the qualifying gauntlet feats, the IronMind Hub being one of them, and not just clear the medium level of the qualifying gauntlet for the Hub, I hope I will be clearing the 3rd level, the World Class Level, for the IronMind Hub so that I will be the only person in the competition to do so, and to do so with thousands of people watching. No pressure, plenty of time to get the numbers up. The fingers and ligaments are slowly getting strengthened, 60 pounds right now is fine, there is plenty of time. I keep wondering if I slip in a little bit each time about this mysterious grip contest, on each posting I make, eventually someone is going to notice. Meanwhile, back on Destination: Certification, my test results after resting two days longer than previously in the preceding month, were, as I said, only a C+. However, the gripper always, not just sometimes, goes down to that last one-eighth, so the consistency is always there. The progression is very slow, but there is progress.

Tuesday, August 17. Deadlift night. Did a very strong 323 DO A Axle deadlift. Didn't get 333 very far.

Wednesday, August 25. Medium gripper day, including a gripper test. How did I do? C+. Closed my 154 lb No 3 with 1 5/8ths inch set. Was just under 1/8th of an inch off of closing it CCS. Was 1/8th of an inch off closing 158 lb No 3 CCS. Easily closed my unrated Grand Master with HGS (Hubgeezer Set).

Friday, August 27. Heavy gripper night, 20 heavy singles right hand after warming up. Was less than 3/8ths of an inch from closing HGS my RB300 measured at 184 on RGC.

Saturday, August 28. Weights and grip. Got 20 reps on the Trap Bar with 295 Pounds. TIME TO PUT MORE WEIGHT ON THE BAR AGAIN IN THE TRAP BAR, THIS TIME TO 300 LBS! Had a solid right hand PR with my Rolling Thunder, Version III, 194 lbs. Held it for several seconds. Had worked up to 216 on the RT in November 2008, and then with the new style of device had to start over, in the low 180s, now up to 194, very solid. Handled 60 pounds very well on the IronMind Hub with right hand. Got to get my IronMind Hub numbers up so that when I am in the biggest grip contest and most unique grip contest in the history of the world, I need to prove that I do not just clear the lower level of the qualifying gauntlet feats, the IronMind Hub being one of them, and not just clear the medium level of the qualifying gauntlet for the Hub, I hope I will be clearing the 3rd level, the World Class Level, for the IronMind Hub so that I will be the only person in the competition to do so, and to do so with thousands of people watching. No pressure, plenty of time to get the numbers up. The fingers and ligaments are slowly getting strengthened, 60 pounds right now is fine, there is plenty of time. I keep wondering if I slip in a little bit each time about this mysterious grip contest, on each posting I make, eventually someone is going to notice. Meanwhile, back on Destination: Certification, my test results after resting two days longer than previously in the preceding month, were, as I said, only a C+. However, the gripper always, not just sometimes, goes down to that last one-eighth, so the consistency is always there. The progression is very slow, but there is progress.

Mike - I am watching you - sooner or later you will slip up and spill the beans I figure :online

Mike - I am watching you - sooner or later you will slip up and spill the beans I figure :online

Mike, I've been watching too. Glad to see your training is going so well.

Tuesday. Deadlifts (regular bar) & Reverse Hyperextensions, nothing else. Using more of a "Kubik" approach for Geezers. Not supposed to be getting stronger, but I am.

Wednesday. Nothing.

Thursday. Heavy gripper workout.

Didn't get my "3" gripper workouts in, but my gripper strength was better last Thursday night than it was at the end of the previous week. Credit Card Set, was 1/8th of an inch off of closing my 154 lb No. 3 gripper. Not acceptable, but better than it had been running.

Good stuff Mike!

Like others have already stated, I'm becoming more and more curious about this "mystery" grip competition. When are we going to get some details?

I'm also wondering what do you consider world-class on the IM hub?

Like others have already stated, I'm becoming more and more curious about this "mystery" grip competition. When are we going to get some details?

I'm also wondering what do you consider world-class on the IM hub?

Hey, I didn't think anyone has been watching!

First of all, and I was thinking about this this morning, some of my statements have been a little over the top, and that has been my sick sense of humor, just to see if anyone notices. Second, it has been a couple of weeks since I Googled to see if there has been anything on the contest, and have used as many key words as I can to get a hit, and I have not seen anything on it.

But I am being truthful that there really is a top grip competition planned to be at the Fit Expo, that I was giving feedback as to the way I viewed the world on the subject, etc, that it is supposedly on, and there is money involved in it. But I don't think it is appropriate until it gets "official". I can give an example of why I am being so hush hush with something else that is of interest to us grip guys. On May 22, Vanity Fair Magazine got together with Stanless Steel and interviewed him, filmed him, met with he, his girlfriend Barbara, and the director of the movie "Strongman". I said to the director, "That's great! Let me post something about it". He said, no, we needed to wait until it came out (it is only the web version of the magazine, not the hard copy). It was supposed to be "6-8 weeks", and it has now been 13 weeks. I email Zach (the director) every couple of weeks, and now am saying "I guess it is not happening, is it?", to which he says, "oh it will happen, I just don't know exactly when". Well, you know, I don't think it will happen, my theory is that it didn't make the cut as far as the higher-up editors go. So, after that, I am thinking the same thing here, don't jinx it, see what happens. But I don't see the harm in humorously talking about it here and tossing out details a bit.

And, in answer to the question about world class on the hub, maybe "world class" is a little strong, but for the equivalent that is being used at this event, 70 for the IM Hub, and 250 or 260 on the Rolling Thunder...

Let me see if I can get some more assurances that this is going to happen. It would be in 5 months, late January in LA. Interestingly enough, Southern California, based on the weak attendance over the years for grip contests, is one of the last places that is a Mecca for grip strength.

Thanks for the additional information. The RT and the IM Hub are two of my favorite grip training implements, so as you can imagine, a contest of that nature sounds extremely appealing to me. Too bad I'm so far away from CA!

I was guessing you were going to say 70+ for the world-class numbers on the IM Hub. Not too many can hit that!

Best wishes for achieving your #3 certification.

• 2 weeks later...

August 29. Nothing.

August 30. Nothing.

August 31. Nuttin.

September 1. Zip.

September 2. Grippers, 8 hard reps. Nice rest, but did not put away my 2009 "Certification Gripper" (snicker snicker), was about 1/10th of an inch (in other words, less than 1/8th of an inch) CCS.

September 3. Started doing a gripper workout, but at 11 pm, realized it was too late.

September 4. Lifted weights. Vbar off, but PRd with a 195 right hand Version III Rolling Thunder, 40 reps with 172 pounds. Other PRs were 162 in plates on my weaker hand on the Little Big Horn, and a One Rep Max of 378 pounds on the Trap Bar.

September 4. Nothing.

September 5. Nothing.

September 6. Grippers, 10 hard reps. Highlight was one 158 lb Super 3 about 1/16ths of an inch off via HGS (Hubgeezer Set).

September 7. Deadlift workout, standard bar. Actually, it was a 1963 Sears Roebuck bar from a 110 lb set. Loaded to 330 lbs, it makes you realize that even a cheapo American bar of old was better stuff than some of the crap coming out now.

September 8. Grippers, 5 hard reps. Did CCS style.

September 9. Nothing.

September 10. Grippers, 21 hard reps. Nothing that impressive, highlights were smashing the Grand Master of 2.9 HGS after about 8 hard closes, and taking the Super 3 158 from a 1 5/8ths inch choker to less than 1/24th of an inch.

September 11. Lifted weights. Horrible on vbar and IM Hub, so bailed early on them. PR'd on Rolling Thunder with 197. Put 3 more pounds on it and PR'd with 200. Makes me wonder where I would be on the "old" handle now. 210? 220? I think it would be about 210, not sure. Finished the workout with 25 full reps on the Rolling Thunder with 177 pounds. Did not go to complete failure on grip, it was more a matter of cardio/exhaustion.

What I like about this current kick is that my overall strength is improving, and my grippers are slowly improving.

Nothing to report on the Secret Super Contest this time.

Edited by Hubgeezer

Good job on the RT PR Mike :mosher

When you're working grippers and you don't close fully do you assist it closed after it stops moving? That's something I've always done and have always felt it works great. Just curious.

Good job on the RT PR Mike :mosher

When you're working grippers and you don't close fully do you assist it closed after it stops moving? That's something I've always done and have always felt it works great. Just curious.

Yes, unless I am doing something with a Number 4, as I bruised my hand badly doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

September 12. Nuthin.

September 13. Gripper night, 7 heavy reps, some Super 3 in Choker.

September 14. Zip.

September 15. Gripper night, 5 heavy reps, some CCS.

September 16. Wedding Anniversary. Nothin.

September 17. Big Gripper night, 19 reps.Super 3 (158 lbs) 1/8th inch off CCS.

September 18. Weights and Grip stuff. Three Rolling Thunder PRs on Version III Handle: 202,205,207.

September 19. Nothing.

September 20. Grippers, 8 heavy reps.

September 21. Deadlift night. After it was over, tried to PR on the Axle for 337, got it above the knees, but just could not stand up with it without feeling like the bar was going to come flying out of the hand, so I didn't.

Really disappointed with the way the Secret Famous Grip Contest ended up shaking out. It will have $2,500 for 1st place, 2nd is $1,500, and 3rd is $1,000. Rich, Tex, and Brian Shaw are all competing. Big Deal. No grippers, no IronMind Hub, no IronMind Block...I thought I had managed to work it so that it would work out for me. Nope, sigh...

January 29 and 30, Los Angeles, California, The 2011 Vise Grip Vinking Mighty Mitts Challenge. It will be on the Main Stage, worked around the Strongman Contest at the Fit Expo.

Saturday, 3 pm. Rolling Thunder Last Man Standing. Starting weight, 200 lbs. Increasing with each attempt until there is ONE MAN STANDING. Athletes have 20 seconds to commence the lift.

Mighty Mitts Power Medley. Single Hand loading onto a platform: Anvil by the horn, barbell plate by the hub 35 pounds and 45 pounds, York 40 pound and 50 pound Blob, and 181 lb Circus Dumbbell (3"). If successful, do double handed reps on the Go-really-Grip Machine. Most objects wins, if all get them, most reps on the machine breaks the tie.

Sunday, 12 pm. Double Overhand Deadlift(last man standing). Same as Rolling Thunder, except opening weight is 352.

Hercules (Deadlift) Hold. Trap Bar loaded to 705 lbs for time.

Thomas Inch Dumbbell Deadlift. How many times can it be deadlifted within 90 seconds?

That's it.

Oh yeah, a grip contest in San Bernardino California in 11 days. Odd Haugen is competing, and is going to take a shot at the World Record in the Axle DO. So far, we have 4 contestants: Robert Alva (his house), me, Odd, and the return of Kevin Bussi.

September 12. Nuthin.

September 13. Gripper night, 7 heavy reps, some Super 3 in Choker.

September 14. Zip.

September 15. Gripper night, 5 heavy reps, some CCS.

September 16. Wedding Anniversary. Nothin.

September 17. Big Gripper night, 19 reps.Super 3 (158 lbs) 1/8th inch off CCS.

September 18. Weights and Grip stuff. Three Rolling Thunder PRs on Version III Handle: 202,205,207.

September 19. Nothing.

September 20. Grippers, 8 heavy reps.

September 21. Deadlift night. After it was over, tried to PR on the Axle for 337, got it above the knees, but just could not stand up with it without feeling like the bar was going to come flying out of the hand, so I didn't.

Really disappointed with the way the Secret Famous Grip Contest ended up shaking out. It will have $2,500 for 1st place, 2nd is $1,500, and 3rd is $1,000. Rich, Tex, and Brian Shaw are all competing. Big Deal. No grippers, no IronMind Hub, no IronMind Block...I thought I had managed to work it so that it would work out for me. Nope, sigh...

January 29 and 30, Los Angeles, California, The 2011 Vise Grip Vinking Mighty Mitts Challenge. It will be on the Main Stage, worked around the Strongman Contest at the Fit Expo.

Saturday, 3 pm. Rolling Thunder Last Man Standing. Starting weight, 200 lbs. Increasing with each attempt until there is ONE MAN STANDING. Athletes have 20 seconds to commence the lift.

Mighty Mitts Power Medley. Single Hand loading onto a platform: Anvil by the horn, barbell plate by the hub 35 pounds and 45 pounds, York 40 pound and 50 pound Blob, and 181 lb Circus Dumbbell (3"). If successful, do double handed reps on the Go-really-Grip Machine. Most objects wins, if all get them, most reps on the machine breaks the tie.

Sunday, 12 pm. Double Overhand Deadlift(last man standing). Same as Rolling Thunder, except opening weight is 352.

Hercules (Deadlift) Hold. Trap Bar loaded to 705 lbs for time.

Thomas Inch Dumbbell Deadlift. How many times can it be deadlifted within 90 seconds?

That's it.

Oh yeah, a grip contest in San Bernardino California in 11 days. Odd Haugen is competing, and is going to take a shot at the World Record in the Axle DO. So far, we have 4 contestants: Robert Alva (his house), me, Odd, and the return of Kevin Bussi.

Nice rolling Thunder pr's and I know you'll get past 1/8 inch CCS :mosher Good luck

September 22. 7 reps hard grippers.

September 23. Nothing.

September 24. 17 reps hard grippers. Nothing great to report.

September 25. Lifted weights and did grip work. No Rolling Thunder PRs today, except I did 15 reps with 182 lbs, which I was happy with. Got a Trap Bar Single Rep PR of 386 today, an 8 pound improvement.

Well, the grip contest I was whispering about in here for a few months is now known throughout "the grip world". Not quite what I hoped it would be from "my perspective", but I think it is a little more "grip oriented" than Might Mitts was, as it is not 100% thickbar. I will probably go. I may enter just for Day 1, if they will allow that. I can't do any of the Day 2 events! Pay $100 to kick the crap kicked out of me. Sounds fun!

September 22. 7 reps hard grippers.

September 23. Nothing.

September 24. 17 reps hard grippers. Nothing great to report.

September 25. Lifted weights and did grip work. No Rolling Thunder PRs today, except I did 15 reps with 182 lbs, which I was happy with. Got a Trap Bar Single Rep PR of 386 today, an 8 pound improvement.

Well, the grip contest I was whispering about in here for a few months is now known throughout "the grip world". Not quite what I hoped it would be from "my perspective", but I think it is a little more "grip oriented" than Might Mitts was, as it is not 100% thickbar. I will probably go. I may enter just for Day 1, if they will allow that. I can't do any of the Day 2 events! Pay $100 to kick the crap kicked out of me. Sounds fun!

A PR makes a day man...hope everything is going well with you and the family.

Good job on the PR Mike!! I like seeing the PR's happening on different lifts. It shows all the hard work on several different things. Keep it up brother!