What Kind Of Bolt?

nockowt1

How do I distinguish between grade 2, 5, and 8 bolts? I purchased 3 differents types of bolts from Home Depot and I'm not sure what they would be classified as: 1/4"x6" (BBB), 1/4"x5.5" (AXC), and 1/4"x5" (AWD).

I belive that BBB is a grade all in its self but is just like a G2 and the others are probably G2 as well.G5 bolts will have three lines or tick marks.And G8 have 6 ticks.I hope it helps I will look for a pic.

Brendan

Here they are up close.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6464

Edited by ox3782

Well Brendan knows bolts as good as anyone so I'd trust him.

I didn't know that BBB was a grade by itself I could have sworn it was just another brand of G2 but I could be wrong. Anyone positive on this?

The others you have are all G2 brands.

Grade 2's generally have 3 diagonal lines that run parallel on the head.

Grade 5's have 3 lines that are notched in perpendicular to the outside perimeter of the head.

Grade 8's have 6 lines that are notched in perpendicular to the outside perimeter of the head.

Here is a good chart that shows many bolts and what they are.The Grade BBB is not a grade it is Grade BB that I was thinking of.The BBB bolt is most likely G2.G2bolt are described as having no markings and sometimes bearing the mark of the manufacturer.

http://www.rigging.net/Bolts.html

Brendan

nock ... I'm gonna chk the actual markings on my Lowes & HD Bolts that are all 1/4" and I am having a HUGE problem bending them. I can get a good kink but thats it, yet I can get an IM Blue & Yellow with alot more ease well not ease) buit I can at leat bend them both DU and well under 2" for that matter. These 1/4" bolts are KICKIN my BUTT ! lol

nock ... I'm gonna chk the actual markings on my Lowes & HD Bolts that are all 1/4" and I am having a HUGE problem bending them. I can get a good kink but thats it, yet I can get an IM Blue & Yellow with alot more ease well not ease) buit I can at leat bend them both DU and well under 2" for that matter. These 1/4" bolts are KICKIN my BUTT ! lol

They must have given you the special batch of bolts. I was able to DU a blue to 40 deg in about 20 sec (with difficulty) yesterday, but I was able to completely bend a 1/4"x6" yesterday in less time:

Great video Kevin !!! U made it look easy bro !