17 Yr Old Grip Log

V1sual B1nary

Hey, i started grippers about 6 months back, was good on the trainer, closed the one and closed the 2 a few times but about 4 months ago i stopped due to getting a part time job which was more like a full time job (28-36 hours a week) as well as my last year in sixth form. I couldnt really find time for anything anymore and grippers went out the window (not literally).

Anyway i know ive lost alot of strength since i got the job (not had time to go to the gym anymore), but i found my old powerball the other day and smashed the record on it which i thought was odd since im out of shape but i do suppose my job involves alot of lifting of stuff so my wrist might of got stronger. This reminded me of the grippers and id like to get back into gripping again but this time thoght id make a log that i can post to to keep my motivation up and track my progress.

It might not be the most interesting log since im comparitavely weak to almost everyone else here but some might like to track the progress of my age :)

Goign to work now :angry: but i will start my routine tomorrow morning before school.

Wasnt able to get on the other day, internet problems.

Anyway yesterday i started off with the poweball and hit 12249

Then got out the trainer and did 10 reps on each hand, then another 10 reps on each hand inverted.

Next i got out the #1 and did 5 reps on each hand, then 5 reps inverted.

Then got out a shovel and did some leverage work, holding it around half way down the handle so i can get 10 reps. Did 10 reps going left to right while holding it out infront of me on each hand.

Then with my arm out straight twisting it up to vertical then lowering it to parallel then repeat, 10 reps on each arm.

Next 20 reps on each hand with the trainer.

Then with my arms by my sides picked up a sledge hammer head, not sure how heavy it is but seems pretty heavy. Its just the head of the sledge hammer, pinch gripped that for 1 minute on my left hand and 1 min 12 secs on my right hand.

Then a slow powerball again to warm down.

That was yesterdays workout, how does it look?

Hmm well hopefully the above workout was ok.....

This morning just got up and used the powerball for 5 mins and got a score of 11892, wasnt great but it is first thing in the morning.

2 sets of 10 reps on each hand with the trainer

2 sets of 5 reps on each hand of the 1

2 sets of 5 reps on each hand inverted of the 1

Pinching weight fir 45 secs on each hand

Slow powerball to warm down.

take a day between your grip workouts, and do a full body workout. nothing big, maybe pushups, dips, b/w squats, pull ups, situps- something. the overall benefits of being in shape all over allow you to more on grip days later down the road.

Well indeed, i do actually go to the gym 3 days a week, just i dont bother posting all my workout routine just the grip log. And yeah i will take a days rest.

Just done a quick grip workout, few reps on the trainer on each hand. 5 reps of the #1 on each hand and thought id get out my #2, tried it and with a little help from my index finger on my left hand i actually got it close, the this twice more to confirm aswell so im chuffed. Shouldnt be long now until i can close it with one hand :)