Top 50 Two Hands Pinch Lifters

EricMilfeld

I have a Scott George pinch which is officially recognized but for my own knowledge I would like to know the following:

1. Who determines what other devices qualify; other being defined as anything but the Scott George or Europinch?

2. What criterion is this individual(s) using to make said decision?

Thanks,

Josh

I was under the impression that it had to be purchased from one of two sources for it to be approved for use in a contest with one of those makers no longer making them. So what do I have to do to have one made that will be deemed acceptable at our contest? I really want to get this ironed out so people can have the added incentive that their lifts will be recognized by the powers to be.

I also wasn't trying to disregard what many have fought to bring about and my post wasn't meant as an insult or as being demeaning to those efforts. Sorry if you saw it that way. Hard to communicate on a message board sometimes....

Contact the US grip association.

This was raised by another member elsewhere on the site but I'll ask here because it has a better chance of being seen.

If I make a homemade version will it be approved for national records, national qualifier, top 50 lists etc.? Calling today on pricing so I should have one made soon. Although a trip to Hawaii on thursday might slow me down a week! :tongue

some long over do additions and changes to the 2hp list.

from the Finnish Championship:

Juha Harhjuup has been added

Timo Yuukkanen has moved up

Jouni Pakarinen has moved up

from the first leg of the Britain's Strongest Hands:

Rob Russel has been added to the list

from the Ronnie Coleman Grip Challenge:

Ross Love has moved up

Paul Knight has moved up and .4k ahead of me

Brent

• 2 months later...

I have a Scott George pinch which is officially recognized but for my own knowledge I would like to know the following:

1. Who determines what other devices qualify; other being defined as anything but the Scott George or Europinch?

2. What criterion is this individual(s) using to make said decision?

Thanks,

Josh

I am just now seeing this for the first time. Sorry about this. Here are my responses.

1. This is decided by David Horne.

2. It is supposed to match the diameter dimension of his device. I believe that is all he requires. That and that it should be made of steel and be a giant circle.

For things like this, I always refer to David. My impression is that as long as it is close to the diameter (within a few millimeters) it will count, but again, he is the best one to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

changes have been made to the 2hp list. josh dale, time struse, adam glass, and jedd johnson have all moved up.

jedd has set a new world record

adam glass has entered the top ten.

• 4 weeks later...

all time list has been updated for WSH leg 1. no one moved up but, there were 3 additions.

David Stiff Australia

Ivan Beritashvili Russia

Bob Sundin US

congrats to all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

2hp list has been updated and columns knocked all out of wack. will fix that this weekend.

props to Timo Tuukkanen and Jeff Parker for moving up the list.

congrats to: Timo Lauttamus, Daniel Reinard, and Chris Mathison for making the list.

Thanks Brent, and thanks for keeping the list updated.

It ONLY took me a year to go up 5 pounds on the list, hopefully the next 5 pounds wont take as long!

• 2 months later...

final 2011 list is updated for gripmas. it looks a trainwreck. I will fix it up later. if anyone sees what I did stupid. please let me know.

Looks like I should move up a couple when it gets sorted - 16th maybe?

you're right chris. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm talking to my guy tomorrow to see if he can explain to me how to neaten this all up.

you're right chris. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm talking to my guy tomorrow to see if he can explain to me how to neaten this all up.

One thing you can do is use the Courier font. Every character takes the exact same amount of space whether it's a period or a Q. Most other fonts are not this way and it makes it difficult to line things up. The coin hold challenge I update is a good example of this.

I'm sure all you tech boys will figure this thing out but what about using a public Google Doc spread sheet in the mean time. Even I know how to use that and you could just provide a link to it until it gets sorted. It's just my opinion but you should be able to insert Excel sheets etc into a forum - why can't you - it seems like one of those features that makes sense to include.

Edited by climber511

One thing you can do is use the Courier font. Every character takes the exact same amount of space whether it's a period or a Q. Most other fonts are not this way and it makes it difficult to line things up. The coin hold challenge I update is a good example of this.

Matt, you just caused me to recall that that was the font I used when running the list.

It is something with the software. I have no problems making the list nice on World of Grip but here it is challenging to say the least.

It is something with the software. I have no problems making the list nice on World of Grip but here it is challenging to say the least.

I agree, the HTML formatting is tough. This is why I started making the Mash Monster profiles in a .txt document so I could control the HTML coding exactly. When I create the post, I use that "lightswitch" to convert to plain text and paste from the .txt document. This works like a charm and now they all look the same. Previously, fighting against the HTML was a challenge.

I agree, the HTML formatting is tough. This is why I started making the Mash Monster profiles in a .txt document so I could control the HTML coding exactly. When I create the post, I use that "lightswitch" to convert to plain text and paste from the .txt document. This works like a charm and now they all look the same. Previously, fighting against the HTML was a challenge.

What you said :sick: