Top 50 Two Hands Pinch Lifters

EricMilfeld

The list is updated with the results of the first leg of The World's Strongest Hands. Congratulations to Aaron Corcorran, Chris Rice, Tim Struse, Brent Barbe, and Nick Rosendaul for improving their rankings! And congrats also to Timo Tuukkanen for making the list with a nice 95.7k pull!

As much as I have enjoyed managing this list since Mikael passed the torch, I will no longer be doing so due to conflicting priorities.

I will take this over from you Eric. If you could send me any important details that I would need to know, that would be great.

Thanks for all you've done, man.

Eric - thanks for all you have done and good luck where ever you are going now!

• 2 months later...

All time list has been updated to reflect all the changes that took place during the WSH series. people who moved on the list are:

nick mckinless

andrew durniat

brent barbe

david horne

loz shahlheai

nick rosendaul

matti heiskanen

aaron corcharan

frank snyder

paul knight

tim struse

chris rice

new to the list are:

timo tuukkanen

timo lauttamus

jeff parker

jouni pakarinen

congrats to all.

going forward I'll be the one taking care of the 2hp list. if you have any questions or issues please pm me. please check the spelling of your name on the list.

thanks

brent

Edited by barbe705

I keep getting knocked farther down the list - would you guys give me a break please? :whistel

Thanks Brent for taking over the list!

Edited by climber511

Hey let's here it for Brent for stepping up and taking over the list!

For he's a jolly good fellow...which nobody can deny.

Jedd

• 2 weeks later...

the 2hp list has been updated to reflect changes that took place at the 2010 Gripmas Carol. I moved my weight up but had no position change. Todd Coenen was added to the list with a 207.02 pound lift at his first comp.

Nice work Todd! Brent, great job, continuing to move your pinch up through the course of the entire year and I am sure, still to climb again soon!

Jedd

Hard to believe Eli Keiner's uncalibrated lift at GGC 2005 still is on the top 50. I thought all of those lifts had been knocked off the list, but he had a big pinch that day. I think he had like the 2nd or 3rd biggest pinch that day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the all time list has been updated for MM3. 4 new names were added(Ross Love, Bob Brannan, Seth Johnson, and Adam Glass). and one person moved up the list;Paul Knight.

congrats to all in the first comp of 2011.

the all time list has been updated for MM3. 4 new names were added(Ross Love, Bob Brannan, Seth Johnson, and Adam Glass). and one person moved up the list;Paul Knight.

congrats to all in the first comp of 2011.

Thanks Brent ... I actually moved up?! ... haha ... it was only like a lb PR lol

• 2 months later...

I thought some of the American lifts from 04-05 were with regular plates? Also if plates are generally recognized as harder why wouldn't they be included? There is no unfair advantage to be gained with them right?

I thought some of the American lifts from 04-05 were with regular plates? Also if plates are generally recognized as harder why wouldn't they be included? There is no unfair advantage to be gained with them right?

they're not included because the adjustable device allows different hand sizes to compete on a more level field. for some people the 2x45 would be the width they would choose. for most it would be way too wide.

But if there isnt an advantage advantage I guess I don't see why they should be excluded. Also are you sure Mcgranahan's and keiners are on the euro? I thought the euro came after 04-05? It seems like the 2-45's would rarely be someones optimal width and never have advantage over the euro. Its almost like not allowing a single ply shirted bench on an unlimited ply shirted bench records list. By allowing the plate version more people can attempt to make the list.

I do appreciate the hard work and thanks for responding, I appreciate it!

So here is example of what I'm saying. A Guy enters a bench press contest and decides to lift raw while others where a bench shirt. He breaks the record only to be told it doesnt count because he isn't wearing a bench shirt even though he got no performance advantage by not wearing it and was actually at a disadvantage.

There are only a handful of euros and a lot of people don't get the chance to pull on one. Just something to think about...

But if there isnt an advantage advantage I guess I don't see why they should be excluded. Also are you sure Mcgranahan's and keiners are on the euro? I thought the euro came after 04-05? It seems like the 2-45's would rarely be someones optimal width and never have advantage over the euro. Its almost like not allowing a single ply shirted bench on an unlimited ply shirted bench records list. By allowing the plate version more people can attempt to make the list.

I do appreciate the hard work and thanks for responding, I appreciate it!

Steve McG lifted in 2004 here in the Champions of Champions event on a Euro. Keiners?? No idea. Besides any other issue there's only 50 listed ever so...

So here is example of what I'm saying. A Guy enters a bench press contest and decides to lift raw while others where a bench shirt. He breaks the record only to be told it doesnt count because he isn't wearing a bench shirt even though he got no performance advantage by not wearing it and was actually at a disadvantage.

There are only a handful of euros and a lot of people don't get the chance to pull on one. Just something to think about...

He'd still use the same bar and bench. He can also train on whatever he has to hand. Once he gets to a contest he'll compete on a Euro. It's also worth mentioning that so-called 'Euros' have been made to an approved standard several times in the US rather than actually come from David H or from Europe.

First thanks for the response.

Actually in powerlifting we used multiple bars and benches. Strongman competitions use different sized bars and logs as well. Would you agree that 2-45's is probably not an advantage? I get the argument if 2-45's gave someone an advantage but from what I've seen its always looked at as a harder way to pinch and people do more on a Euro setup. Like you said we are already allowing different models of the original Euro so why not plates?

David Horne developed a piece of equipment that may make for the most fair event in Grip regardless of hand size and other issues. The Americanized version isn't difficult to have made up here in the states and is approved by the powers that be for all competition and record purposes. Using anything else does not create a fair and even competition and should certainly not be allowed for record or top 50 list purposes along with plates that have been weighed correctly. Just my two cents. At a time when we are trying to grow the sport with more contests - there is still no reason to disregard the standards many of us have fought so hard to bring about to insure fair and accurate competitions and records..

Edited by climber511

I was under the impression that it had to be purchased from one of two sources for it to be approved for use in a contest with one of those makers no longer making them. So what do I have to do to have one made that will be deemed acceptable at our contest? I really want to get this ironed out so people can have the added incentive that their lifts will be recognized by the powers to be.

I also wasn't trying to disregard what many have fought to bring about and my post wasn't meant as an insult or as being demeaning to those efforts. Sorry if you saw it that way. Hard to communicate on a message board sometimes....