Top 50 Two Hands Pinch Lifters

EricMilfeld

Just to press the button (pressure on the rest of us), Laurence Shahlaei did an unofficial 257.127lbs 2HP lift today. No video but it was scaled after. Loz competes in WSM and is a gym member here and so comes under our BHSA gym membership scheme.

He WILL be competing on this event next week as per my announcement in the contests section.

Tell him congrats from us - now he just has to do it on the day!

Indeed. I know of some other big numbers by others (120kg and 120.5kg) both done 'off platform' but which we know do not count until they are done under the official conditions.

I was all 'sure. Very nice. It just makes my job more interesting next week' LOL

• 2 weeks later...

The 2010 list is now established with updates from The World of Grip Super Series and The Metroplex Mayhem at Metroflex 2 contests. New names to the list include Ryan Johnson, Kevin Emery, Jose Jara, Mark Desouza, and Stewart Killick. Congratulations, guys!

Help me out, someone, where is the mighty Jose Jara from? I can't remember if it's Spain or Portugal, or neither. :laugh

José Jara/ Madrid (Spain)

The 2010 list is now established with updates from The World of Grip Super Series and The Metroplex Mayhem at Metroflex 2 contests. New names to the list include Ryan Johnson, Kevin Emery, Jose Jara, Mark Desouza, and Stewart Killick. Congratulations, guys!

Help me out, someone, where is the mighty Jose Jara from? I can't remember if it's Spain or Portugal, or neither. laughing.gif

Unless he's moved since then of course.

Edited by xengym

• 2 weeks later...

Placings and results of the 2HP from leg 2 of the BHSA/W.O.G. Super Series. It's worth noting that all of the top three had air, in their failed final attempts, under weights greater than the current world record (David going for 116.7+ and Steve and Laurence for 118-kilos). 17 lifters was a good number with it being split across Stafford and Gloucester as before.

1 David Horne - 112.7k

2 Steve Gardener - 109.99k

2 Laurence Shahlaei - 109.99k

4 Dave Elmer - 92.5k

4 Lol Owen - 92.5k

6 Harry Shahlaei - 89.09k

7 Marc Wylie - 87.3k

8 Kye Thomas - 86.51k

9 Dave Johnson - 84.4k

10 Richard Scott - 81.9k

11 Mike Betty - 81.41k

12 Elizabeth Horne - 76.7k

12 Paul Wood - 76.7k

14 Mark Martin-Dye - 71.21k

15 Andy Porter - 66.79k

15 Chris Weber - 66.79k

17 Kris Wragg - 59.1k

Congrats to everyone - another good show!

Cheers. It's worth adding that in his second only official event Laurence Shahlaei has moved up another spot (No 6 I think) with a successful 109.99-kilo effort. I don't think he's trained pinch since the last competition around 4 weeks ago. In the same time frame I've trained it once a week so 4 times inc this week.

As mentioned in the brief write up all of the top three had a go at raising the bar on the current world record as all three of our successful lifts looked solid (David's in Stafford with Nick as ref and ours here in Gloucester).

The biggest success of the current set up is the numbers of those competing. It's actually done in such a way, equipment allowing, that we can have more gyms competing at the same time. As that stands it could mean 30 or so lifters competing at a time.

With the results of the second leg of The World of Grip Super Series in we have Dave Elmer and Lol Owen joining the list with pulls of 92.5 kilos. And Laurence Shahlaei has bumped up his high ranking mark to 110 kilos. Well done, guys!

It's interesting to compare how a lift from the 2007 list would rank on the 2010 list. I think this two hand pinch list is the most competitive ranking in all of grip.

Cheers Eric. I'm new to competitions and this lift so I'm still learning tactics etc. I pulled a 97odd Kg out of comp at Davids which would have got me further up the list had I not run out of competition lifts :whacked

Still, means there's hopefully more to come yet.

Cheers, Lol

With the results of The Arizona Cactus Grip Shootout III the list is updated with fine pulls of 94.7 by Tim Struse and 93.3 by Brandon Azevedo. Congratulations!

• 3 weeks later...

The list is updated with the results of the World of Grip Strongest Hands Series Leg 3. Now Stew Killick is on the list and Jim Wylie has reclaimed a spot. Congratulations, guys!

Yesterday we contested The Euro-Tex Challenge just before The Show of Hands Grip Cup, which finally ended a dry spell for my in-contest pinch performance and put Mark DeSouza back on the list with an impressive 204.4 pull. I managed a 226.9 pounder.

Congratulations, Mark!

Eric, I couldve sworn you pulled 229 ?

Oh, that's right! :yikes

No, actually I first missed 227, then got it, and then I almost got 229. Almost.

• 2 weeks later...

Results from this weekends event:

Event 1 - Two Hands Pinch Lift

1 David Horne - 109.6k

2 Steve Gardener - 103.7k

3 Nick McKinless 99.2k

4 Lol Owen - 92.3k

5 Stew Killick - 90.2k

6 Jim Wylie - 86.4k

7 Mike Betty - 85.3k

8 David Elmer - 84.3k

9 Elizabeth Horne - 76.7k

9 Richard Scott - 76.7k

11 Jonathan Williams - 72.3k

12 Paul Wood - 70.6k

13 Mark Martin-Dye - 69.5k

13 Dave Johnson - 69.5k

15 Kris Wragg - 59.1k

• 4 weeks later...

At The Capitol Grip Cup both Tommy Heslep and Brent Barbe improved on their previous best ranked lifts, while Parris Janusek made his list debut way up towards the top. Congratulations, guys!

• 1 month later...

At The Capitol Grip Cup both Tommy Heslep and Brent Barbe improved on their previous best ranked lifts, while Parris Janusek made his list debut way up towards the top. Congratulations, guys!

Thanks Eric, I busted my butt for that lift!

Parris

7-13-10

Some of you that have been to Gripmas have met my friend Joey Carr. He stopped in tonight and went over to the Euro Pinch and did 180 - 190 - 200# - hasn't trained grip in forever but has been doing some hard overall workouts lately. He had no idea how good that 200# lift is.

That's pretty cool. No warm up at all? A lot of guys would enve that if it was a comp. Try to get hin to the strongest hands series and pull that off there. That is a top 50 too.

Rico

• 1 month later...

An out of competition (gym lift only) 116.4-kilos successful lift by Laurence Shahlaei. Loz was training WSM events and joined me as a pace setter only for the WSH leg 1 2HP event.

He says today he felt good for 118 (we loaded 120+). I also did a 4th attempt at 116.4 but did not budge it.

You'll note that marked weight as declared on the video does not equal the actual weight (as scaled etc as before). So 116.4-kilos is the actual accurate weight.

Edited by mobsterone