Top 50 Two Hands Pinch Lifters

EricMilfeld

On the top 50 list the numbers for Chad and Jedd (256.6lbs is listed but the record is 256.4) are heavier than those listed on the excel scores list - by about .2 of a kilo (200g is a little under a half pound). One for you Eric. :blush

I remember hearing, reading and counting out myself Jedd's record weight. 256.04

This is correct. It can be heard very clearly on the raw footage. Thanks for updating this list, Eric.

A not very good conversion chart? 256.04lbs divided by 2.2046 (a kilo) is 116.138 (you could round it up to 116.14)

You are actually spot on, Steve. I thought for a minute I was crazier than I took myself to be. I punched in 256.04 four times just to make sure. Guess I won't be using this conversion calculator any more: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/converter.asp

Okay, big pain in the butt, but I redid all the results from Gripmas with a conversion calculator that actually gives precise results!

I use a little program called "Convert" that I got off the internet for free - it does all kinds of stuff and is really easy to use.

I'll be loading a 115.5 successful effort (got air under a WR attempt but no cigar).

Good job man. What weight did you miss bro?

I added another kilo so 116.5kg or 256.83lbs In fact the 115.5 should have been, on paper more. According to the weight markings I did 111.7 kilos (not weighed) for attempt No 2 and then added 5-kilos... or so I thought), But the scale said otherwise.

I had no problems at all pulling it. I even turned my head towards one of the cameras (Paul Savage's) and gave it some of your style rantings (who's No 1!! etc Unfortunately not me ha). Having pulled it and been convinced I'd done enough between us we weighed it a couple of times but 115.5kg was what it said so I asked, for my 4th and final attempt, for another kilo (1/2-kilo a side). I got air but just ran out of steam.

Edited by mobsterone

Sounds like a great pull that you had. Good job. I knew you'd be right near the record if not over it.

I'm still having problems with AVC which allows me to download a video for further editing etc. As and when I can I'll edit the last bit out. Paul S sent me a version but WMM wont open it. Grr.

I'm still having problems with AVC which allows me to download a video for further editing etc. As and when I can I'll edit the last bit out. Paul S sent me a version but WMM wont open it. Grr.

Just so you know, Steve, "Grr" is a common salutation for bear men.

-Rex

Video edited from Paul Savage footage (cheers Paul). I've added a audioswap/YT track so it's no longer possible to hear any naughty words. Give it a minute :whistel

Edited by mobsterone

Steve Gardener has claimed the #3 position with a picture perfect pull of 115.5 kilos. Well done, Steve! That now makes four men who have pulled at least 253 pounds.

Quick question. How was the format of this contest? Was it a grip contest? I see it says Power Meet or something in the intro. I thought the world record lifts had to be done in a full grip contest? Thanks.

Quick question. How was the format of this contest? Was it a grip contest? I see it says Power Meet or something in the intro. I thought the world record lifts had to be done in a full grip contest? Thanks.

Nope. Check the sticky regarding top 50 2HP rules. It MUST be announced ahead of time. It can be a single lift event. There are other rules but those apply here. If you check the top 50 I think that there's still some names with a little asterisk against them which says that they were single lift meets etc. Besides it wasn't a world record :cry (for shame).

1) The following rules of performance must be followed:

The width of the pinch apparatus is adjustable to suit different hand sizes, but to keep it within the spirit of a pinch lift the minimum width allowed is the 2 outer steel discs and 2 rubber spacer discs, a width of 24mm. Before the event starts, you will be given the opportunity to try it and find your best width. The smooth-sided, adjustable-width disc is held on a 2” thick metal rod by a pair of collars. Extra weights will be added to the outsides. The top of this is grasped with an overhand pinch grip (with no further than a 3” gap between the index fingers) and lifted until the end of the bar touches a horizontal stick placed at 16.5” from the floor. There is no referee’s signal. You do not have to be erect upon completion. You must lower the weight under control. If the outer discs accidentally touch the stick before the bar itself, referee’s discretion will be used to judge whether the correct height was attained. Pinch gripping the discs using an unorthodox underhand grip will not be allowed.

Rules 1 and 4 onwards are equipment rules and were followed.

2) All lifts must be performed as one of the official lifts of a grip contest. Single event contests are acceptable and will be noted as such on the list.

The underlined part applies.

3) The entire lifting apparatus must be calibrated to within at least a tenth of a kilogram or a tenth of a pound. We used scales which are accurate to +/- 10g and were calibrated using Laine Snooks competition plates some time ago as has previously been noted (plus Eric asked).

Followed although both weights are completely different (1 is 2.2x the other)

Edited by mobsterone

Trust me, I was worried. So double checked before the event even though I thought I'd be ok and Eric sent me a PM via here and Facebook with some questions. I knew I'd be strong but was hungry to get the lift done.

Subject to seeing what happens with the Arnold I'm hoping to host another single event comp in Feb. I'll play around with the lift over the holidays then lighten the load with an idea of a run at the bigger numbers again for the end of Feb.