Sybersnott was right!

I read Sybersnott's post on positive attitude (I have always felt the same way) and talking to the grippers.

I thought talking to them would do a world of good to you subconsiously if you did so with an open mind, and I was right!

I asked the #2 if it would let me close it and hold it shut tightly for a while.  That it wouldn't hurt the gripper itself, but it would help me.

I felt it seem easier already.

Seriously, it sounds far out, but it works.

Closing the #2 for such a long time really makes me feel like it has been conquered totally.

I have previously closed the #2 for a few reps, but had never been able to hold it closed for so long, I did 17 seconds of overcrush (at the end not so much of course).  Felt really easy.

I just talk to the gripper like a friend.

Oh, I also am trying 3 finger closes with the Trainer, but it is with no pointer finger.  It feels like it has a lot of potential.

Thanks Sybersnott,

Michael Falkov

Quick Grip,

It is quite remarkable what the body can do if the mind will let it!  You "psyched" up for that close - and it happened.  You had it in you all along.... all you had to do was open that door, and walk right on in.

Here's another one I want you to try:  place a rubber band around your wrist - not too tight, kinda like a wristband.  Now I want you to image yourself..... LIKE A CRUSH MONSTER!!!  The #3 is nothing to you!!  Yeah, like you could even close the #4!!  You are VERY powerful!!  Even Sorin and Horne fear you!!  As you are imagining this - snap that rubber band against your wrist - not too hard; just a light snap.  Snap it several times - each time convincing yourself of your crushing abilities!!

Don't touch your gripper just yet.

Now, take your #2 gripper in your hand and try to close it.  After that attempt, snap the rubber band (light snaps) a few times and NOW try to close your gripper.  You'll be amazed at the results.

Your mind is telling your body EXACTLY what you wanted it to in the first place.  The rubber band around your wrist is the "trigger" that sets your mind to the task.  It's telling it "NOW" when you are squeezing the gripper.  That sudden surge is your mind telling your hand to give it's all.... and THAT'S why you are able to close that darn gripper!!   :)

WannaGrip.... I did - it was FULL of rubberbands!!   :)

it was FULL of rubberbands

Hmmm, that explains it.   ???

Quote from Geneticperfection, posted on Nov. 20 2001,1:49

This is the same technique that Pavlov used on his dogs. He fed the dogs and every time they ate he rang a bell. Then after a while he just rang the bell and the dogs immediately responded, started drooling etc. This technique also works well on humans (as snot described). Obviously you wouldn’t use it to induce hunger but you can use it to enhance any feeling or ability. Like closing the gripper. The snap of the band is the trigger. Close an easy gripper snap close snap etc. Do this enough and the trigger will become embedded in the brain. Then use the trigger to make gripper closing easier.

Magic not polluted water! :0

What else can you expect from "genetic perfection".  :D

This board never ceases to amaze me! What other stength board would incorporate Pavlov's Dog analogy into an actual routine? I am quite proud to be amongst the likes of people that frequent this forum. Good night  :)

M. Bolstad

...what is your quest?

To close a #3

...what is your favorite color?

Cast iron grey (TIB)

...what is the closure torque in in/lbs of a BBM?

What? I don't know th**ahhhhhh...