Deadlift:

6 x 2 x 600

chalk only

Snatch grip:

435 x 6

485 x 6

Prowler:

4 x 160ft x 190

It's an econo prowler and it's not in good shape, so it can't handle much weight.

Bulgarian Split Squats

Deadbugs

Stones:

only had access to light stones so did an interminable number of singles and doubles with 225 raw, one motion, over 64".

I'v noticed that as I had better tacky, my form has gotten lazier. Need to make sure and incorporate so no tacky training to keep proper form in check.

Truck Pull:

With and without rope assitance. Lots of starts. Lots of set up to practice. Prowler pushes low and high bar.

Truck pull is such a pain to do by yourself.

Should be getting a 56lb shot loadable weight for height any day now, which I'm excited about.

Going to Budapest June 21st:

Viking Press

Truck Pull

56lb Weight for Height

Deadlift for reps (side-handle car, I believe)

Load Medley

Stones

Edited by carusom1

Wish I could help with the setup! What are the objects for the load medley? Are the stone platforms all that high in contest or was that just form work? Are you using an actual truck for the pulls or something else? Lots of questions haha

Wish I could help with the setup! What are the objects for the load medley? Are the stone platforms all that high in contest or was that just form work? Are you using an actual truck for the pulls or something else? Lots of questions haha

Matt-

I wish I knew the answers to your questions but I don't. I'm lucky that I even know what the events are, lol.

I will try to get my hands on a real truck.

• Like 1

Close-grip Bench:

8 x 5 x 350

Incline Bench:

2 x 6 x 350

Viking Press:

8 x 3 x 250

Ab Wheel

Deadlift:

6 singles at 495

working on form. speed was good

Snatch Grip:

2 x 6 x 545 PR

Banded Dimel Deadlifts:

3 x 20 x 225 + green band

Prowler:

4 x 100ft x 15 sec rest x 140

3 clusters total

Do you feel the Dimel deadlifts hit the top range of the deadlift? Nice Snatch Grip work, that'd probably tear my shoulders out of their sockets haha

Do you feel the Dimel deadlifts hit the top range of the deadlift? Nice Snatch Grip work, that'd probably tear my shoulders out of their sockets haha

You have to do it properly by flexing the hips while minimizing back extension to hit the hams and glutes hard. Trying to get the same feeling during the deadlift to get the posterior chain muscles (hams and glutes) to fire.

Sunday I threw my new 56lb weight for height. It's loaded with steel pellets from 20lbs up -- pure awesomeness!

My best throw was probably somewhere around 13' with 56lb. 45lb I cleared more than 15'. Technique was okay for a first timer, but not great.

Olympic Squat:

oly shoes / high bar / no belt / narrow stance

5 x 2 x 365

5 x 2 x 415

trying to be violently explosive out of the hole, speed

Worked with a keetlebell instructor for quite a while on one-handed swings mimicing the 56lb WOB technique. Felt much more powerful once you get the timing down.

Conditioning:

300 sled / 300 prowler / 300 football sled x 3 sets

60' each, run back for each implement

Every run was under 30 seconds but I got faster as the sets went on. Tried to sprint back to the next implement as fast as I could, which normally I pace myself. However, if you want to win a medley at the pro level then you better be running as fast as possible the entire event!

Sunday I threw my new 56lb weight for height. It's loaded with steel pellets from 20lbs up -- pure awesomeness!

My best throw was probably somewhere around 13' with 56lb. 45lb I cleared more than 15'. Technique was okay for a first timer, but not great.

Olympic Squat:

oly shoes / high bar / no belt / narrow stance

5 x 2 x 365

5 x 2 x 415

trying to be violently explosive out of the hole, speed

Worked with a keetlebell instructor for quite a while on one-handed swings mimicing the 56lb WOB technique. Felt much more powerful once you get the timing down.

Conditioning:

300 sled / 300 prowler / 300 football sled x 3 sets

60' each, run back for each implement

Every run was under 30 seconds but I got faster as the sets went on. Tried to sprint back to the next implement as fast as I could, which normally I pace myself. However, if you want to win a medley at the pro level then you better be running as fast as possible the entire event!

"trying to be violently explosive out of the hole, speed" ... [insert Sophomoric Joke Here]

You should get some footage of you as a human cannon!

Matt- I might actually ditch the squats for the remainder of the training cycle since they continue to do nothing but perturb my back.

Some events changes for Budapest:

Arm-over-arm Truck Pull

Viking Press or Press Medley

Car Deadlift (350kg)

25kg WOB

Yoke (400kg x 30 m)

Load Medley or Natural Stones

Bench:

8 x 3 x 390

Incline Bench:

2 x 5 x 365

Viking Press:

4 x 5 x 295

This continues to tear up my shoulders. I don't know if it's because of the wider grip (facing in) or because the rack is moving around so much. Cut the sets short because it strained my lat as well.

Incline DB Tri. Ext.:

2 x 10 x 100

Ab Wheel:

3 x 10

WIll you sub in some truck pull training for those squats? It will probably traction your back out a little at the very least, and if you load up a prowler and anchor the rope to a car in park you have a quick truck pull setup!

Edited by MattM

Matt- I should practice the truck pull just in case... plus I really need the technique work on that event.

w/u with clean pulls to 205

15" Trap Bar Deadlift:

260 x 2

460 x 2

660 x 2

750 x 2

860 x 2

add belt

940 x 1 strap slip

940 x 2 PR

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

2 x 4 x 545 PR

Banded Dimel Deadlift:

3 x 20 x 245 + green band

56lb WOB

maybe 15 throws

technique continues to improve but could be better; average throw was about 1-2' heigher than last week

BTN Strict Press:

8 x 3 x 240 (1 min rest)

Deadbug

Plank

Yoke:

3 x 800 x 55ft down, re-pick, 55ft back

Conditioning:

Yoke 650 x 55ft / Prowler 320 x 55ft / Sandbag Shoulder 250 x 100ft

3 rounds

Congrats on the invite to Budapest!

I saw your 950 trap bar vid, looked good!

Thanks, Kel! Watching the video it looked like maybe I could have done a little more, but felt pretty heavy at the time.

Close-grip Bench:

430 x 9

Incline Bench:

3 x 3 x 385

tweaked my pec/shoulder so stopped there

light flyes and tri. ext.

Deadbugs

Leg Raise

Farmer Deadlift:

chalk only

2 x 5 x 345 per hand

365 x 5

Hold:

3 x 30sec x 305

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

2 x 3 x 615 PR

Prowler:

155 x 0.2 miles in ~10 min

Had to take multiple breaks for pissed off calves.

Built an adjustable throwing marker (bar) so I can actually see how high my throws are. I didn't have much time since I had to build this thing and get home, so no warm up and back was very sore.

56lb WOB:

About 7 throws between 13-14'. I didn't go higher than this as I didn't want to max, just get some work in. I would be happy if my best throw was at 15' right now -- need to find a way to get this to 17' in a month, lol.

Later pushed my car for 0.2 mile -- sore legs.

This video is from last Sunday. Any comments on form...

Edited by carusom1

Farmer Deadlift:

chalk only

2 x 5 x 345 per hand

365 x 5

Hold:

3 x 30sec x 305

Snatch Grip Deadlift:

2 x 3 x 615 PR

Prowler:

155 x 0.2 miles in ~10 min

Had to take multiple breaks for pissed off calves.

Built an adjustable throwing marker (bar) so I can actually see how high my throws are. I didn't have much time since I had to build this thing and get home, so no warm up and back was very sore.

56lb WOB:

About 7 throws between 13-14'. I didn't go higher than this as I didn't want to max, just get some work in. I would be happy if my best throw was at 15' right now -- need to find a way to get this to 17' in a month, lol.

Later pushed my car for 0.2 mile -- sore legs.

This video is from last Sunday. Any comments on form...

If you could get a hold of Schuna he would probably be helpful with his background in throwing. Do you guys keep in touch?

I talked to John a few weeks ago about the event. Thanks.

One-Arm Snatch:
165 x 2
3 x 2 x 185 R&L

Axle Clean and Strict Press:
295 x 3
305 x 3
325 x 3
335 x 3

Stones:
5 x 5 x 240 to 56"
all one motion
this is the heaviest stone we have in this gym

Had some shoulder/pec discomfort on each exercise but mostly from the stones (during the negative).

Yoke:

3 x 875 x 55' down and back (total 110')

Hold:

2 x 1000 x 30 sec

Rope Hang:

3 x 30-35 sec

KB Swing:

4 x 10 x 97

Edited by carusom1

Didn't have the greatest week of my career in the gym. Strained my shoulder pretty bad on viking press Friday, then partially tore my erector on Saturday while deadlifting.

Thankfully, the back is doing much better but the shoulder still has some pain/discomfort. Very frustrating as the timing sucks... wha wha, hahah

Today I tried to bench but wasn't happening. Luckily, I was able to get something in

BTN Strict Press:

8 x 5 x 260

DB Strict Press:

3 x 7 x 130 left only

Rev Flye:

3 sets of stack x 15

Tri. Ext.:

lot of reps x stack

Flyes:

tons of reps at 20lbs to work some blood in the shoulder/pec

Deadbugs

Back Extensions

Side Planks

Hey man I'm sorry to hear about the injury(s), do you think it will heal up by the time you compete??