Teemu Ilvesniemi

Bill Piche

Thanks Chad and Pete! :)

MMG2 can't be considered easy, there would be more men on the list if it was! I don't see any weak names on that level! :D But I think I'm ready and will do my best. :)

MMG2 can't be considered easy, there would be more men on the list if it was! I don't see any weak names on that level! :D But I think I'm ready and will do my best. :)

Yeah, the MMG2 is a very tough gripper - I can attest to that. Good luck in your cert on it!! :bow

I need a feedback on this video. Is the set clearly parallel or not and would the video of this quality suffice as the certification video? Any comments would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCiTlYwhH0

The set looked good to me, but the close was hard to distinguish due to the shaking at the end. I'm sure the judges would be able to freeze frame it. I'm sure the quality will look even a little better in the raw video to be sent to the judges compared to youtube as well.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

All right, thank you for the feedback Aaron, much appreciated. You are right, the shaking makes it more difficult to tell whether it was closed or not (on youtube at least). I'm taking all my gripper attempts on video these days, trying to develop an ability to just close the damn gripper without worrying too much about the camera. This video thing needs to be practiced a lot!

This video was taken towards the end of my gripper workout, so there was even more shaking than usual. With fresh hands on the cert there will be less shaking I hope! :)

All right, thank you for the feedback Aaron, much appreciated. You are right, the shaking makes it more difficult to tell whether it was closed or not (on youtube at least). I'm taking all my gripper attempts on video these days, trying to develop an ability to just close the damn gripper without worrying too much about the camera. This video thing needs to be practiced a lot!

This video was taken towards the end of my gripper workout, so there was even more shaking than usual. With fresh hands on the cert there will be less shaking I hope! :)

No problem, and taking them all on Camera is what I did too when getting ready for MM1. It really does help alot when the time comes to do the cert. you don't even have to think about it anymore and can just focus on closing the damn gripper. Agree on the fresh hands too.

- Aaron

In your case the practise has certainly paid off, your videos are possibly the clearest anyone on this board has to show. No doubt about it.

I'm just starting to get the hang of this whole video thing, I have some good videos but have failed to take decent videos many times. I hope I'll nail it this time and that's why I practice it a lot, experimenting with everything from the places I position the extra lights (necessary to produce even half-decent video on my webcam) to the angle of the camera etc..there's plenty of little things which need to be considered.

Hammer it Teemu!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Thanks guys, I am prepared and will do my best as soon as the gripper arrives!

Edited by Teemu I

• 3 weeks later...

OK, the gripper is here (thanks Jedd!), just got the package and I will try to close the gripper on Monday.

This cert of mine has caused Jedd some extra work, having him write me a letter for proof, so I can get the gripper out of the customs office. So I better close the damn gripper to make sure it's trip to Finland was worth it.

Easy gripper for you!!

I want to thank Jedd again for being just SUPER in taking over the MMG1-MMG3 gripper send outs and certificates.

Thanks Jedd!!

:rock

Good luck on monday, im sure you'll mash it with no problem. I'll be interested to see how you rate it, i might be having a crack at it in the not too distant future.

I second Pete's comment above - Good Luck! From the vids I've seen of you, your crush is off the friggin' charts!!! I don't think you'll have the slightest problem mashing that thing.

OK, it is done. I took what I believe to be a decent video, used all my 3 attempts and closed the gripper on each attempt. I'm transferring the video at the moment, so Bill can pick it up. This was a pretty hard gripper, a good jump from MMG1 I believe, somewhat easier than newer Elites. Very nice gripper. :)

Edited by Teemu I