One Question On The Powerball

nightowl27

I´m relatively new on training my wrists and so i´d like to know if it´s a good idea working with the powerball.had some wrist problems and think about training with the powerball now.

perhaps someone can tell me...

Hi Nightowl

the first time I used my powerball I overdid it and hurt my wrist. There again, many people overdo the grippers on their first encounter with them, so I wouldn't read too much into that. I used and still use the powerball and it does give the wrists a nice workout. I feel it in the back of my forearms and outer elbows.

aXe

Ok, so you say i can use the power ball for strengthening the wrist but with caution. should i do it to fatigue one time or to moderately fatigue and then more often. perhaps i can one time go all out , write down the evolutions/minute and then try the power ball every day but only up to 70-80% of my best or what kind of training do you recommend?

Have the Powerball, like the Powerball. I have some major problems with the tendons in my arms, and things like wrist curls, bending, sledge levers, and grippers seem to walk the edge with stressing out the tendons in my arms. The Powerball help tremendously in this area, I wouldn't be able in my opinion to continue doing anything within the sport if not for this and some other things. I however do not use it as much for strength as I do for active recovery and warmup. I recommend that if you are doing other comprehensive wrist exercises, then just use it for warm up, so as not to overdo things.

I do not time myself, and I don't have the counter, but I try to keep the revolutions per minute to about what I call "mid-range", and I do it just as long as I continue to feel an increasing pump is the flow of blood to the arms, not to fatigue (which can be anywhere from 2-10 minutes depending on the speed of revolution for me). This I do after all of my strength training is done, and I usually use it while jogging or walking.

Just my opinion... ~J

sounds interesting and good.i also have problems with wristcurls.not the regular one with barbells or stuff like that but with thick objects,for example several plates in pinch grip and so on. i feel there´s a pain between the thumb saddle joint (hope my translationis correct) and my wrist.my doc said it´s a blockade and said he has removed it by pressing several time onto the thumb joint. but because i carried with this for about one year the pain will only disappear slowly. i also have problems with the pushup stance( extending my wrist so there is an angle about 90degree between upperside of forearm and the back of the hand).

perhaps we have similar problems? i´m really frustrated with this wrist. it´s fortunately only in the left one but it gets me really mad. i just ordered the powerball and i´m really looking forward to it.

weak areas have to be strengthen! i did the same with my bad back when i was 18. now it´s find after heavy deadlifts.

I use it more or less like JW7, just keep going while there is a feeling that it is working. With tendons, my understanding is that little and often is a good base, then build on that with more intense work later. Thoughts? Maybe that's the way to go with the wrist curls too?

aXe

thanks for your replys . i just had a really great workout.

4singles sandbag lift with 70 kg(round back)

4s turkish get up with sandbag 32.5 kg

4 s thickbar pullups with additional 17.5kg

4 s pistol with 12.5 kg

after that sandbag clean and press with 57.5x5 reps

than stone overhead press 6-7singles with 65-70kg stone(got it today)

and after that reverse wrist curls 2x5reps with 17.5kgs barbell

then i tried the coc#2 which i can close sometimes when i´m really fit. today i got two really good reps because of 2weeks gtg with the ivanko gripper.

i´ll now continue my grip work with gtg and add resistance every week a bit. think if i keep going on,the coc 210lbs gripper is a realistic goal this year.think the handles are more comfortable than on the no2.

just seeing you guys doing great stuff is a motivation itsself. i can´t only work the wrist curls with gtg because i have to work and my boss(my brother) wouldn´t like it. +also my wrist feels a bit better but i will give a hot bath with passive stretching a try.

next time i have the powerball and then i can add a second exercise to my gtg programm.

thanks for your reply,i´ll infrom about my evolution.

sounds good, you should post your workouts in your own workout log, it usually works better if you do your gripper work at the start of your training session, or some people do it after squats, otherwise your grip isnt at its strongest

ok,but my real grip work is actually before my workouts because i do them with grease the groove and the rest of exercises comes in the evening(was just a test with the coc2 yesterday).

but the stone i yesterday pressed overhead is only 56kg(125pounds).when i put it yesterday on the scale, it broke down. today i repaired it and it showed the 125pounds.

i´ll create a new training log soon.

greetings,nightowl