012 Alex Horne

013 Alastair Christie

014 Alan Wyne

015 Mark Robinson

016 Peter Kerr

017 Mike Hadland

018 Brendan Dwyer

019 Mike Daly

If you haven't done so please get your disclaimers and or payments in via the post asap. I spent another few quid of your hard earned today buying a folder and the few sheets inside are looking lonely. David and I will no doubt discuss some more ideas for the BHSA over the next few days (esp while I'm resting my back this week) and so are looking for input and ideas.

Yes record days, and single event contests will be part of the BHSA. As Pete says these can be easy to train for.

David

Hey David.

I like the idea with the Record Days.

I already did that in 2005. One event to break the current record!

:rock

All the best, we will follow you soon :D

Cheers

//T//

mobsterone

001 David Horne

002 Steve Gardener

003 Graeme Cunningham

004 Stewart Killick

005 Neil Belcher

006 Jose Jara

(Spain / International member)

007 Andy Christie

008 Michael Mackenzie

009 Nick Barcia

(USA / International member)

010 Paul Wood

011 Elizabeth Horne

012 Alex Horne

013 Alastair Christie

014 Alan Wyne

015 Mark Robinson

016 Peter Kerr

017 Mike Hadland

018 Brendan Dwyer

019 Mike Daly

020 Dave Johnson

021 Richard Scott

Another day and 2 more members... when we hit 30+ I'll get onto suppliers and we'll see if we can do some deals for you.

Edited by mobsterone

Not sure if this query has been raised. But as now competitions will run through the BHSA, will the BHSA create their own grippers and other equipment to use at their competitions?

I've just joined the BHSA forum and have realised all info is now there. Cheers guys

Edited by Pete1006
mobsterone

001 David Horne

002 Steve Gardener

003 Graeme Cunningham

004 Stewart Killick

005 Neil Belcher

006 Jose Jara

007 Andy Christie

008 Michael Mackenzie

009 Nick Barcia

010 Paul Wood

011 Elizabeth Horne

012 Alex Horne

013 Alastair Christie

014 Alan Wyne

015 Mark Robinson

016 Peter Kerr

017 Mike Hadland

018 Brendan Dwyer

019 Mike Daly

020 Dave Johnson

021 Richard Scott

022 Graham Rowberry

Added another - hi Graham.

I also created a new dedicated paypal account this morning (and got charged £6.39 to move the bloody money - robbing gits PP are). Can all new members use steve@britishhandstrengthassociation.org.uk when making a PP payment.

LAINE SNOOK
001 David Horne

002 Steve Gardener

003 Graeme Cunningham

004 Stewart Killick

005 Neil Belcher

006 Jose Jara

007 Andy Christie

008 Michael Mackenzie

009 Nick Barcia

010 Paul Wood

011 Elizabeth Horne

012 Alex Horne

013 Alastair Christie

014 Alan Wyne

015 Mark Robinson

016 Peter Kerr

017 Mike Hadland

018 Brendan Dwyer

019 Mike Daly

020 Dave Johnson

021 Richard Scott

022 Graham Rowberry

Added another - hi Graham.

I also created a new dedicated paypal account this morning (and got charged £6.39 to move the bloody money - robbing gits PP are). Can all new members use steve@britishhandstrengthassociation.org.uk when making a PP payment.

Hello Steve,

I have sent a paypal payment to you, I will post the disclaimer tonight.

See you soon,

Laine

LAINE SNOOK

Steve,

As always, you are more than welcome to use my Ivanko calibrated plates - I have approx 300kgs of the chrome plates and some olympic bumper plates as well. This should get around any record claiming problems that may be encountered from whoever.

Laine

mobsterone

Cheers Laine but as we'll be the 'who ever' and I used your plates to calibrate my scales to that persons satisfaction (average of 10g off) it shouldn't be the issue it once was. But just in case... ;)

bencrush
Steve, is cash alright for you?

I consider myself a reasonably capable person, but can I get PayPal to work? Can I Buggery.

Good question for this thread. I'm no longer using PayPal...but a check probably wouldn't do any good since it's overseas. I'll get an internation money order if I need to, just want to know either way.

mobsterone

Juniors

As a means of encouraging growth into hand strength competition the BHSA announces a juniors section.

Age limits

There will be two classes (for both boys and girls) with 12-15 years (from first day of 12th year to day before 16th birthday) and 16-18 (from first day of 16th year to last day of 18th year).

Fees

As we wish to get more and more members involved junior members will pay £7.50 per annum if their parent is NOT a member of the BHSA and £5.00 if parent is a paid up member.

Liability

ALL juniors are required to sign and return the disclaimer but we also require a parent or guardian must counter sign disclaimer and show relationship (brother etc) if not parent. Parent or guardian must be over 18.

Poss juniors comp

Dependant on both the growth of the sport and a promoter putting on said events the BHSA hopes to, at some point, have a junior event. This can be both very media friendly and gives the junior athletes a chance to set records and compete on an equal basis with their peers.

High level events

The BHSA wants it that the promoter has a decision on what he puts on. But because the larger events (British Championships for example) can and are usually well attended if a junior competes in the larger events he competes in the open section, but his record would count as a junior record. Said events will include something to that event. If members are not sure they are to contact the BHSA or promoter direct and check.

Edited by mobsterone

Good idea about the Junior classes for purposes of record keeping will records be kept for both sexes? Although I realize in Elizabeth's junior days they were often one and the same :) .

David Horne

Yes, boys and girls section. I will do the record lists later with previous recs from British comps back to 1991, and qualifying totals. These are the future of this sport.

David

This is looking really good - having frequent events will really get the momentum going, I am really looking forward to people coming out of "nowhere" and putting up great performances.

mobsterone

001 David Horne

002 Steve Gardener

003 Graeme Cunningham

004 Stewart Killick

005 Neil Belcher

006 Jose Jara

007 Andy Christie

008 Michael Mackenzie

009 Nick Barcia

010 Paul Wood

011 Elizabeth Horne

012 Alex Horne

013 Alastair Christie

014 Alan Wyne

015 Mark Robinson

016 Peter Kerr

017 Mike Hadland

018 Brendan Dwyer

019 Mike Daly

020 Dave Johnson

021 Richard Scott

022 Graham Rowberry

023 Laine Snook

024 Paul Savage

David Horne

Chris,

Very true. Bringing through the young and the new (including the strongmen) is so important. This will only make the athletes in the UK stronger!

David

this is definately a step in right direction

what are the long term plans here? what do people think about getting grip on TV? has that ever happened? i know some have done grip feats on tv, but what about an actual grip contest? i see all kinds of sports on eurosport/eurosport uk, from downhill mountain biking, to timbersports, to arm wrestling, i dont see how grip is any different. Especially with strongman being on eurosport pretty much all the time (may be the same shows half the time but still on), because grip is related. In my personal opinion it would have to be tweaked somewhat, things like sledge hammer levers, an anything with heavy weight would work well, one hand lift, maybe a 2.5in DO axle deadlift or thick handle dumbbells, farmers walk holds would be good one. Thoughts? i dont know anything about what it takes to get on tv but if guys chopping wood can get on why cant grip?

an is there chance of a major sponsor? for example, would ironmind sponsor a televised contest if we were to use there equipment? grippers etc