British Hand Strength Association

mobsterone

mobsterone

BRITISH HAND STRENGTH ASSOCIATION

You are cordially invited to join the first hand and grip strength sporting association. The British Hand Strength Association aims to promote the proper foundation of a sports association founded along the ideas of promoting hand and grip strength as it is currently understood.

In time and with the support of its members it aims to get official recognition for events, lifts and records. This would be done via the media, via Guinness, and via other recognised strength sport bodies, groups and organisations. It hopes to offer a model for European and International Hand Strength associations which might follow. We welcome members from overseas under the BHSA auspice (subject to signing up and paying of the membership fee – please note they cannot set British records – further rules etc will be forthcoming as we grow) so as to encourage and not limit competition. The BHSA further encourages setting up of international associations which can work together and be affiliated with. Said associations allow for the setting of European and International records at BHSA events held in the UK.

Membership of the BHSA initially offers the following to members and promoters:

Members:

1. A full 12 month calendar of events starting in January 2008 (calendar of events to follow).

2. Greater (monthly) opportunities to break records

3. The ability to break a record outside of the current all round competition structure (see calendar of events and exhibition lifts – rules and guidance to follow).

4. A means by which official approval of equipment can be gained, new lifts added (subject to BHSA approval and membership voting where applicable)

5. Official British record (BHSA record) recognition

6. An annual dinner and awards.

7. Subject to arrangements with sponsors and sellers or BHSA approved equipment said members may be able to get a discount on production of BHSA membership codes.

Promoters:

1. Official BHSA approval of events, lifts and BHSA members

2. Guidance on event creation, promotion of event (via the calendar for example).

3. Provision of BHSA approved referees (see agenda re training to BHSA standard).

4. In the event of split decisions, tie breaks etc BHSA can step in and make decisions without the promoter being held responsible by members.

5. More to follow as input expands.

Sponsors

1. The potential for BHSA approved equipment only being manufactured and sold by approved sponsors only. Said equipment can only be used in BHSA approved events and for record attempts (subject to support).

2. Promotion of sponsor and or sales of BHSA approved equipment via BHSA site (to follow) as well as through their own (use of a ‘BHSA approved’ logo etc)

3. BHSA members will want to buy officially approved equipment

4. More frequent opportunity for exposure via both monthly events and exhibitions

5. And more…

Membership fees will be £10.00 per annum starting 1st January to 31st December (but to encourage start up we will expand from today to end of 2008)

Pay Steve@musclemob.co.uk via paypal (within a short time we will buy a BHSA domain and dedicated email as well as set up a BHSA Paypal account).

Special offer – the first 30 members to sign will get a copy of Steve Gardeners e-book on grippers.

Liability

To limit liability to the BHSA, its members, sponsors and promoters can I ask ALL members to print off and sign the following and post it to:

BHSA (sec)

c/o Steve Gardener

14 Hopewell Street

Gloucester

GL1 4HG

DISCLAIMER

In consideration of BHSA accepting my application for membership; I hereby release all claims for damages, losses and injuries that I may hold against the BHSA, their promoters, officials, coaches, referees and assistants whilst participating in any BHSA events.

Name (block capitals) ……………………..

Address

Door number / house name:

Street / road:

Town/City:

County:

Post Code / Zip Code:

Signed …………………..

Date __/__/____ (day/month/year)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• David Horne

• The Mac

• PERTHPOWER

Grand Job. My money should be through tomorrow or Monday, I am not a well boy otherwise it would be today.

I would be interested to hear more about the Referee qualification - plus that's another source of income for the BHSA right there.

David Horne

Great stuff!

Steve will be able to give us all an update of how many members at the end of the day there is.

A good start chaps!

David

mobsterone
Grand Job. My money should be through tomorrow or Monday, I am not a well boy otherwise it would be today.

I would be interested to hear more about the Referee qualification - plus that's another source of income for the BHSA right there.

The plan is, for now, to merely train the refs so we are not limited in the ways discussed in the past (one man and his wife as a ref etc) but to still have proper, equal and fair judging - for example how to get the guys doing grippers to hold their hands in such a way that it is clear and viewable by a ref. We've seen examples of when the ref has to bend over and move around while I guy squeezes as hard as possible but his hand is all over the place (plenty of that on videos).

If, by some miracle, we grow and establish ourselves to a decent level then as per other orgs we can go down the route of paid training referee courses (for example NVQ standard). To do so now would limit early growth.

David you was first by 1 minute... :cool

£10 sent, and not a moment too soon, cos I've just told work they can shove their job up their arse, so this'll be my last luxury for a while.

David Horne

Not only will the amount of contests and exhibitions and of course annual dinner be growing. But so will the list of available events to chose from for events and of course British Recs.

All previous British records/feats will still stand, as this is the history of the sport. But the athlete now needs to be a member of BHSA to have your record certified from now on. Of course you can still do what you like if you don't want to join, it's just that the BHSA won't recognise your achievements.

We have made a giant step now, one that British Strongman is also trying to do right now. We now join other UK strength organisations like BAWLA, BDFP, IAWA, BAWF, ISSA, etc.

David

David Horne

Steve,

Member #1 sounds good. :rock

Jose,

The BHSA is open to anyone, and if you compete in a BHSA contest then you will have to be a member. You will not be able to break British Records though, because you are not British. But hopefully you will have some records for your own country, or we can do an all-comers section. We shall see.

Neil,

Sorry to here about your job. But glad to have you on board the BHSA.

David

mobsterone
I know that if i want to compete in one of BHSA contests, i should be a member of the association.

The association is open for one Spanish?

Yes. As per the blurb we want overseas competitors to take part in BHSA event. You just cannot set a British record - cos you're not British. At the same time setting up, using the BHSA or similar as templates, of International associations is encouraged. Subject to debate and discussion I see no problem with the idea of you competing here and setting European and Spanish records.

mobsterone
£10 sent, and not a moment too soon, cos I've just told work they can shove their job up their arse, so this'll be my last luxury for a while.

The way my business is going right now I might be telling myself the same ha ha.

Payment sent. :D

mobsterone

I had an email from a NICK BARCIA. Nick sent a filled out form and no payment. EVERYONE must print off the disclaimer and post it. Payment is, for now, via paypal as before.

mobsterone

The following have signed up and are on board - all have paid their fees and will be posting their disclaimers soon.

001 David Horne

002 Steve Gardene

003 Graeme Cunningham

004 Stewart Killick

005 Neil Belcher

006 Jose Jara

(Spain / International member)

007 Andy Christie

008 Michael Mackenzie

009 Nick Barcia

(USA / International member)

010 Paul Wood

011 Elizabeth Horne

012 Alex Horne

Will you be joining them? Together we have great strength.

Steve/David. I would like to join up. Kind of out of things way up here but its a start! Will send fee next week.

Would be interested in buying Euro pinch set up to train with at big Al's.

Thanks Mike