Is This Still Accurate?

Sultan_of_Spin

I was wondering if this was still accurate. I mean, grippers change, and vary over time, and the post below is from 2006...

And also, do you think it is accurate?

Thanks

IM Guide 60 lbs

RB70

IM Sport 80 lbs

HG100

.225 BB Beginner 100 lbs

HG150

.225 COC T 100 lbs

RB130N

RB100

RB160N

RB130

RB180N

.235 BB Advanced 140 lbs

.235 COC #1 140 lbs

HG200

.241 COC 2004 #1 153 lbs

PDA243

.250 COC 2006 #1.5 168 lbs

.250 BB Super Advanced 173 lbs

GM1 cert gripper

RB210N

HG250

RB160

.260 BB Master 195 lbs

.260 COC #2 195 lbs

RB180

RB240N

PDA262

RB260N

.273 COC 2006 #2.5 238 lbs

HG300

.275 BB Super Master 255 lbs

GM2 cert Gripper

RB210

HG400

.281 BB Grand Master 280 lbs

.281 COC #3 280 lbs

.277 RB240

.283 COC 2005 #3 290 lbs

GM3 cert gripper

RB300N

HG350

.277 RB260

.295 spring, 1/4" mount, 2.75 width MMG1 * 306 lbs

.295 spring, 3/16" mount, 2.75 width MMG2 * 315 lbs

.295 BB Elite 320 lbs

.294 COC 2006 #3.5 323 lbs

RB330N

.306 spring, 1/4" mount, 2.75 width MMG3 * 335 lbs

.295 RB300

.306 spring, 3/16” mount, 2.75 width MMG4 * 345 lbs

.306 BB Super Elite 345 lbs

.312 BB Grand Elite 365 lbs

RB330

.312 COC #4 365 lbs

.353 HG500

RB365

.331 BB Pro 430 lbs

.345 BB World Class 470 lbs

.353? BB Galaxy 565 lbs

.362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy

RBWT

This may need some adjusting. Maybe Greg Amidon could supply some input, as he is calibrating some grippers, by measuring the poundages at the end of the handles. :cool

grippers vary, i would take it with a pinch of salt, for instance, my BB Master is maybe a tad easier than my 1.5, and my rb160 is a little harder than my 2

its still useful though, when working out what grippers to get

Edited by egg_uk

Grippers DO vary but are not really time dependent, a #3 will always be a #3.

I think I'm one of the very few guys with a "hard BBM", because everyone says they're easier than #2's, but mine isn't.

LNF, looks like we both have a hard BBM. It is harder than my #2 and filed #2.

There seems to be a lot of variance in the BBM...Is that the case with all of the beef builder grippers? (I don't own any)

I don't know, I've heard they don't vary too much but I can't test since I only have 1 M, SM, and GM. My M is a 1.8, my Sm is a 2.3ish, and my GM is easier than my #3 but I haven't used it enough to know exactly where it lies.

well i know grippers vary but this is what i think is wrong on the list (not based on my grippers only, pretty much all grippers i have played with/closed)

The RB260 is not harder than a new gr8 spring #3. The average older #3 is slightly harder than the average RB260 IMO. Bear in mind RBs vary a fair bit though.

The MM1 is easier than most #3s i have closed (i have closed 11 no #3s and only 2 are easier).

The RB300 and the RB330N are easier than the 3.5

I also think the HG500 is harder than the RB365

Tetting has made his newer grippers harder. An elite now is definitely much, much harder than a #3 on average.

And yes, grippers vary too much for some of the close calls to be on target. Hell, I have an HG300 that is just as hard as many #3's.

The RB300 and the RB330N are easier than the 3.5

I only know the 3.5 I have, and the RB300 I have. I think the 3.5 I have is slightly more difficult than the RB300.

Now, a question for anyone in the know...what do people rate the MM4 at? 3.6ish? 3.65? 3.7?

The 330N I have is easier than the 3.5 I have. My new #3 feels close to the 3.5 also, only because its damn near a 3 1/4" spread.

I think the new THOR BB Elite are harder than the #3.5, infact on that rankings list i would swap the positions of the RB330N and the BBelite with each other, then that list will be more accurate in my opinion.

I can't comment on any of the RB grippers, but I have a STUPIDLY HARD #3. I haven't been able to close it yet, but I've closed other #3's. I keep it as a training tool, and a motivator. When I can mash that thing shut, I'll he a happy camper.

Goody

I think the new THOR BB Elite are harder than the #3.5.

I'd say that they are too close in strength to really make a conclusion, which is harder. Spread on each #3.5 is a lot wider than it is on the new Elites. On average, those new Elites have calibrated to be harder than #3,5's here in Finland, but RGC calibration doesn't tell anything about the spread's impact on the actual difficulty. But, if you have a #3.5 that calibrates as a 3,50 and a BBE which calibrates the same, it is the #3.5 which is harder to close because of the wider spread.

A list based on the RGC calibration results would be much more accurate in my opinion.

I'd say that they are too close in strength to really make a conclusion, which is harder. Spread on each #3.5 is a lot wider than it is on the new Elites. On average, those new Elites have calibrated to be harder than #3,5's here in Finland, but RGC calibration doesn't tell anything about the spread's impact on the actual difficulty. But, if you have a #3.5 that calibrates as a 3,50 and a BBE which calibrates the same, it is the #3.5 which is harder to close because of the wider spread.

A list based on the RGC calibration results would be much more accurate in my opinion.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Well start doing it. ;) There are results out there already. :cool

• 1 month later...

Agreed.

Well start doing it. ;) There are results out there already. :cool

After all the "my ##.# is stronger than my RB ### or weaker than my BB/HG ##" posts, your list

still comes out about right. Thanks for the time you took to compile it.

Don't get me wrong. All the comparisons are a GOOD thing, just that the list seems to hold

up pretty well, all told.

Edited by Bonzi