Rolling thunder wr

mobsterone

Chris,

You're a very strong man, and extremely worthy of your inclusion in my Top 30 grip athletes.

David

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• ChrisJames

• gazza

• jimwylie1

Wow. All good lifts, but the 350 lb clean on a 2" bar is phenomenal. Many people can't overhand deadlift that kind of weight on a 1" bar, much less a 2" bar. And you are power cleaning it.

Then there is your 275 lb one hand clean... That one hand clean on an Olympic bar is a wild lift, it takes a lot of guts and strength to put that kind of weight up!

OK Chris, I have to ask my nosy question. This one doesn't directly apply to a grip lift, but there may be an indirect link. How are you with squats? What style of squat do you prefer (power squats, Olympic back or front squats, etc) and what kind of weight / reps do you generally use? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi , David and thanks very much for your comments,it's a real compliment coming from a lifter of your calibre.Hows your and Elizabeth's armwrestling training going ? Any comp's coming up?

Hi , Baldy(i hate calling you that),

I squat narrow stance olympic style usually something like this

60kg for 5,100 for 5, 140 for 5,180 for 5,230 for 2 sets of 5.

i never where a belt.i once done 205 for 20 reps.... never again  :(  :(  :(

Guest Anthonymorgan

Hi Chris

Well Done m8 we are all very proud of you, let's go have a drink today and relax after the hard work u did yesterday, c u soon...

The Morgan Family... :D

All good lifts, but the 350 lb clean on a 2" bar is phenomenal.

Only 14lbs to go & the axle would be all yours!  :0 (probably) & 320x3, that's really good too, 3x w/almost 3x bodyweight!  :0

Hi Chris

Hi , Baldy(i hate calling you that),
My name is Tim, feel free to call me by either real name or board name.
I squat narrow stance olympic style usually something like this

60kg for 5,100 for 5, 140 for 5,180 for 5,230 for 2 sets of 5.

i never where a belt.i once done 205 for 20 reps.... never again  

I was guessing you might be an Olympic back squatter. I also prefer that style, but my numbers aren't up there like yours. 450 lbs for 20 reps Olympic style, that is amazing. Once I started squatting that way I stopped working on 20 reps because I couldn't maintain my form after about 10 reps. Anyway, those are good squat numbers in any book, which is what I expected. One of my long term goals is to hit 500 lbs for one picture perfect rep Olympic style without any support gear, you are doing more than that for sets of 5 now. Awesome. You definitely live up to the hype in MILO and on here (your friends like Steve G have been bragging on you behind your back for some time on here). BTW, best wishes to you on future attempts with Steve's big dumbell.

Thanks for your prompt reply to all my questions.

Guest 115-1005574997

Hia Chris

Youve got to be in the top 5 strongest grips in the UK at present!!!  Great lifting mate :)

205kx20 oly style....  oooh painful

whats your PB on the 2" reverse curl, thumbless grip mate?  its popular in Stoke and Stafford at the moment :)

Keep it up thick bar dady  :D

Hi , Scott,

Tried thumbless reverse curls today after training,managed to do 3reps with 65kg on 2 inch bar.Really good exercise,i'm going to start including it in my workouts.

Thanks for the idea,

Chris

Guest 115-1005574997

Hia Cris

Im glad you like it.

I cant take credit for the idea.  Its Richard Sorins 'pet' lift and after an excellent interview he gave David in Iron Grip magazine, me, Jim, Dave and Eliz are training it at the moment.

65k for 3 reps is great!!

I think Richard Sorin worked up to 71k for a single (Dave, please correct me if im wrong .... still half asleep this morning).

Scott,

I'm just up, and still sleepy. But then I am for a lot of the day!

Richard did 60k on a 3" thick bar. But well done Chris on a fine performance.

David

Guest 115-1005574997

dave

dont know where i got 71k from (must be going mad)

so the bench marks 65x3

so recon those at the Horne bar bell club can match that?  :)

I have always used a thumbless grip on reverse curls makes it more challenging.

Chris James, what is your 2'' bar setup did you make your own ?

Hello Old Guy,

I had the bar made in the steelworks where i work.I've done a 500 kg deadlift from knee height on it without the slightest bend, so i know it's been very well made.

Chris

Guest 115-1005574997

Hia Chris

Handy working at a steel works :)

eh, you it could double up as a sort of Apollons axle and you could have a great sideline in basic thick bars/dbell rods...... just athought  ;)

anyway, the 500k partial, was that with mixed grip, prontated (knuckles forward) or supinated (palms forward)?

Great lift mate

Re: Ironmind/Records day at Pullums

OK spoke to Steve @ Pullums again today and he said we'd be looking at January. I've asked him to get a definate date from Pullums so our training has a focus and let me get going on the promotional & sponsorship side.

I think we may have a goer but need the 100% Ok before I can get going.

Guest Euclid

First off, I am utterly awed by the strength of some of individuals here!  Chris, the 320 kg thick bar dL would be impressive if the bar was 1 3/8 in., but 320 on a thick bar?!  Unreal.  Steve, congratulations on the new 276# wr.  You'll definately be the first to reach the unreachable, 300#.  Steve, which feat are you most proud of, lifting the millenium challenge bell, or the 276 wr on the RT?

I have an idea for Chris James ( he may have had the idea himself ) It would eclipse everything so far done with an Inch replica, if Chris could clean the bell one handed, lift it overhead, and lower it under control back to the ground. All the time using one hand only.

I haven't 'lifted' the MDB as yet. I did what John Wood was doing but haven't done what i want to do yet. I also have lifted (from the floor only) the Inch and have also shut the CoC 3 and the weaver stick WR blah, blah, blah (sorry was getting big headed there).

To be honest I love them all but no one lift stands out as being all that. I think I would be most proud at winning the Iron Grip (one day - sigh...).

I get excited more by the challenge and realizing I might have a chance at being good at a lift. Once that happens I'm away. Its like being great and not realizing it. To discover you might be ok, then good, then great - I love it when that happens. Not only that I train at what i like doing and mostly on my own on lifts that big guys might do well on if they bothered and so it never feels like something that special.

Hope that answers the question a little ;)

Just sent thius to cap Strossen. Wanting him to give Puulums a push into giving us a date:

Hi Randall, I have discussed the idea of a grip day/ Ironmind promotion day with Steve at Pullums and he's saying 'we could be talking January' but I need a definite day for me to be able to get things really moving.

He mentioned speaking to you recently and inferred that you was 'well up for it' as I thought you would be.

Here's what I have in mind at the moment:

1. Ironmind promotion. Given that most of the 'Grip Guys' here in the UK as well as the US use Ironmind goods (CoC's etc) it makes a lot of sense to have these displayed well on the day. Perhaps a special price.

2. Pullums are moving their shop from its current location closer to the gym in October. This was my original date as it would have been a great opportunity to let the locals as well as Grip/Powerlifting fans know using the press.

3. Its a great chance for me to get the idea and story into as many magazines as possible. The sooner I have a date the better chance to meet print deadlines.

4. Because of my magazine contacts etc. And over at the grip page that a few have said they would come. So...

5. I know I can get a few names to come along, Mr Horne included, have some lifts, have fun and maybe buy a few Ironmind goodies that they haven't already got. With International Powerlifter, Health & Strength etc etc giving us space (almost certainly) there could be a very good turn out.

6. If it does I will be nagging a few more names to put up prizes ahem!! I will attach another list I have (rough draft) which is a kind of action sheet. I get the lifts and attempts from those I know will come.

As soon as I have a date I can get the ball rolling.