Rolling thunder wr

mobsterone

gazza,

A bunch of us COC's were at the AOBS and we all had a go at the Inch rep that Mark Henry cleaned and pressed that evening.

Needless to say, it was very disappointing challenge for us.  I believe the only one who could deadlift it (besides Mark) was John Wood.  All I could do was spin it on the ground.  It is a very deceptive feat of strength.  :(

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• ChrisJames

• gazza

• jimwylie1

Answer one: Jim you piss taking git  :0 Would these go with the ones you have of David Hornes (you know the ones you keep under your pillow).   :D

Answer two: Only for babes  ;)

Hey Steve I was serious ;). ####, only autographs for the birds :(.  If Scotte dresses up in a frock he might pass for a ugly chick! Maybe not a babe though….

Steve, I have never seen Ironmind's official RT lifting rules. Would you please post them here? Here you go...

The lift starts with the weight in between the lifter's feet; in the world championships (and the nationals), the 15" loading pin and large carabiner Iron sells are used (this standardizes the lifting height). Any other loading pin and carabiner with the same dimensions could be used.

The lifter grabs the Rolling Thunder handle in approximately its center and lifts with the handle remaining approximately parallel to the ground. Thumbless grip is not permitted. Any contact between the lifter's hand and the non-revolving portion of the handle disqualifies the lift. The lifter must fully straighten up; once standing straight, the lifter gets a "down" signal from the referee, and must then return the weight to the ground. Contact must be maintained between the lifter's hand and the handle until the weight is resting on the floor. The referee then indicates whether the lift was passed or not.

In contest situations, we give the lifter one minute to complete the lift after his / her name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter may try to complete the lift.

In response to:

Steve,

hello....I  would like to  start out  with   Excellent Lift.. also  I  would  like to  ask you two questions.... 1. )are you still continually  making  steady progress with your thick bar  work..  and  2.) what is the  diameter of the  Rolling Thunder handle? Best Wishes

1) No one makes continous progress - no one. I wish it were otherwise (600 here I come etc). What you can do is try all of the varying methods suggested here to gain another inch as it were. It takes me 2-3 weeks on average to add a kilo on the Rolling Thunder. On the thick bars I am not, right now at least, anywhere close to my best efforts. The 83 kilos on the 3.5 inch handle is way less than my best effort of 259 pounds on a 2.5 inch handle. I may well begin to include the 2.5 inch back into my grip training for a while - at least until I start my 2003 Iron Grip comp training.

2) Dunno. I believe its a little under 2.5 inches.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve,

If you wouldn't mind answering a further question, how are your heavy lockouts coming on?

Congratulations on your Rolling Thunder WR and good luck organising everything!!

I stopped 2 weeks b4 the Iron Grip comp and had taken it to 1080 pounds. It was lifted but only just. I also find that I either get compression or the bar bends and so I would increase the range once over 900 pounds by putting a 1" thick rubber mat under my feet, sometimes 2.

Oh the problems us bigguns (big heads) have...

Guest 115-1005574997

Steve

Has Steve at Pullum got back to you yet?

Has the MDB training comming along?  any closer to being the first to lift it?

Wales = Tom Thumb (thats how he does 500 kilos from just over knee height - he he) No I'm kidding its Chris James. Hi mate :)

Scott. I spoke to Steve Pullum this am as well as DH and we're waiting for Wally's ok. Apparently the shops moving a few doors down closer to the gym in October and so that'd be a good time, I think, for an open day. The sooner I know the quicker I can get cracking on publicity.

Guest 115-1005574997

Chris!!!!  :D

You managed to log on at last then (personal joke)  :D

great to see you mate and your still pulling some impressive poundages!  hows the overhead work going?  been playing with the grippers of late?

Steve

Sounds like the perfect openeing day extravagansa for the new shop.  you will be able to get the press involved and have all sorts of coverage.  Im sure wally will say yes.  and im sure me, dave and jim will be down to give support!  It will be a great day

Steve,

Congratulations are in order.  I've read a number of your posts over the past 6 months or so stating that your goal was a world record.  Just for our information, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?  Thanks

Hello Gazza nice to meet you im finally logged in as me :D

Regaurding some of my lifts, 100kilo 2 hands bar bell curl on a 2 inch bar for reps, Cleaned and pressed two 80 plus pounds block weights 4 inch thickness, 240kilo one hand dead lift no hook grip, 154lb reverse curl with 2 inch bar, im outta breath for now but will post more soon. Is the above ok?

Hi Chris,

Good to see that you have sorted out getting on here. I wanna come down and see you this year, give us a date that would be ok with you.

email me at   irongrip@ntlworld.com

David

Quote;I've read a number of your posts over the past 6 months or so stating that your goal was a world record.  Just for our information, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?  Thanks

6' 3" and when I did the 276 I weighed 246 pounds (30 less than the weight lifted.

But enough about me - lets have big Chris post some pics for the gallery.

Very impressive Chris

Have you had a blast of nathan and brothers blob yet,if so how did you do,youll have to get one of the other 3 inch

replica d/bells,so that you can deadlift one in each hand,and

show us all how its done.

How long have you been cleaning the inch 1 handed,and how long did it take to achieve this.

Hi,Gazza, thats the third workout on the replica which i usually just high pull foraround 5 singles each hand.

That was the first time i actually cleaned a solid dumbell.

I normally train on a plate loaded dumbbell doing something like this:

I use one of Goerners exercises called "the chain" to warm up, usually starting at around 60 lbs and working up to 110lbs. This consists of a one hand swing,lowered to shoulder to be pressed in military style,then lowered to hang to be curled back to shoulder and then to be pressed once more. Following this i move on to power snatches , then clean and press , all with 2.5 inch handle.Thanks for asking.  :)

Hello Nathan Say,

I have power cleaned 160kg on a 2 inch bar,one hand cleaned 125kg on an olympic bar and 320kg for 3 on the deadlift.Thank you for the interest.   :)