Rolling thunder wr

mobsterone

To add more to the mix I've already emailed magazines and with gather what interest there might be from their responses.

S - Thick Bar Daddy - G

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• ChrisJames

• gazza

• jimwylie1

Alex from Muscle News / The Beef has said he will plug it!

Got the ball rolling (even on a Sunday morning can u beleive it!)

Here's more - if you have a magazine which deals with weightlifting powerlifting etc please forward the following and post the response here. Use this blurb...

Ironmind of the USA and Pullum Sports of Luton, well known stockist of some of the best weightlifting equipment in the world will be having an open day / promotion in January 2003.

Steve Gardener of Muscle Mob magazine and others will be putting on weightlifting displays of grip strength. He hopes to bring the Rolling Thunder world record to Britain as well as having attempts by himself and others at some more records.

If you want to improve your grip strength and get to see some records broken as well as treat yourself to some world class weightlifting equipment why not make a day of it. As well as the displays there will be world class lifters able to give some great tips.

Contact Steve via email at MuscleMob@BTInternet.com or ring 0208 776 6858. Alternatively ring Pullum Sports on 01582 481 174 and speak to Steve or Chris.

Just got this from Bob Kennedy at Muscle Mag International (circulation 266,000 plus :))

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I am sending you by mail 100 pounds and would like MuscleMag International to sponsor the main lift.

Also, send me about 100-150 words and a photo of yourself and I will get it in our gossip/news section.  Remember we go to press 3-4 months in advance.

Best wishes,

Bob Kennedy.

Is that cool or what?? Hardgainer (circ? 2000-5000?, Muscle News / The Beef (circ 12000 readership 60000 estimated) and now MMI (266,000 audited circ). What a result and some money for some one who makes an attempt on the day. I'll say now that it wont be me as organiser but one of the supporting guys / grip athletes. DH if you do the sponsored telephone directory thing here the money could go towards that... To be decided.

Pretty soon I'm gonna need names, rank & numbers together with what events/lifts you'd like to do. Steve at Pullums asked how the lifts would be judged and I told him that the RT would be according to Randalls rules with him as the ref but everything else according to the Iron Grip rules. You may need to bring equipment. They will be able to provide one or two items.

There's talk of making it an annual event if successful...

Now we have Roy Edwards of Health and Strength on board...

It, can only get better... (sing with me)

Guest 115-1005574997

Steve

Pretty impressive line up of magazines on board.  there will be 10000's of people going to see pics of and read about your lifting world records, no pressure on doing your targets eh.  :blush

So how many names are comming along?  got much support yet?  as long as you and jim dont want me to wear a dress i'll be there snapping away with my camera and offering my support.

I'm gonna see if I can get Ben Read to come - he you know, then there's Dave as ref, you and Jim. Once the promos appear we'll see. I also spoke to Wally Pullum himself yesterday - as his dad and he used to train in the Camberwell weightlifting club and I was brought up in Camberwell we got on very well... :)

A cheque for £100.00 (about $140.00) arrived this am as a prize for the best lift of the day. Donated by Bob Kennedy of Muscle Mag International. Cool  :D

Over the weekend I'll be putting together a loose plan for the day and twisting arms etc.

After that its gonna be down to 2 things - me working my butt off (quick question - thunb strength feels feeble at the mo, is it Pinch lifts for me) and the second will be 'will they come' (chance for a line form a flim anyone?