Rolling thunder wr

mobsterone

I've emailed a pic of me doing 276 pounds on the Rolling Thunder to Ironmind and Bill/Wannagrip...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• ChrisJames

• gazza

• jimwylie1

That's incredible!!  Way to go!!  :D  :)

Guest 115-1005574997

Well done Steve.... whos the daddy with those thick bars! :)

Shame you couldnt go head to head at the rolling thunder champs.  youd stand a really good chance and maybe the prize money would pay for the trip?

Sure look good in MM .... u beating wade, Pfister, Karlson et al

Yes but can you imagine what I'd be like with my ego ;)

Seriously I am giving a lot of thought to a three or four day trip there to collect the money and come back. Even the Nationals where a (for me) feeble 100 kilos first place gets you a nice sword.

Guest 115-1005574997

Steve

Ive had an idea.  why dont you organise a thick bar contest?

Isnt Wally Pullum Randy strossens UK contact?  Maybe go to Wallys and pull a W/R and throw the gauntlet down to the rest of the world, or do a challenge day where you could present the Millenium BDell, rolling thunder etc.

Wallys near you isnt he?

Seems only fair as Dave makes such an effort with events.

Then your ego would have full reign and exclusive article, pictures, plug for MM mag.

What do u recon?

Good Idea Scott.  Steve, you could also include the Ironmind block buster pinch block as an event.  Make it into an Ironmind extravaganza.  An excellent opportunity to establish yourself as the rolling thunder king!

Hmm, I'll wait till randall gets back in touch, suggest it and then email Steve at Pullums and see what they have to say.

Could be good...

Guest 115-1005574997

Steve

Good idea from Jim.  You never know, you may start something big in the UK with the iron mind champs.  Youd have a big advantage and maybe win some $$$$$

Youve got a lot of milage in your thick handle stuff and your pinch is good.

Thick bar curls?

It would be well gud if you can sort something out

Guest 115-1005574997

Steve

I forgot youve got the weaver stick world record too, so maybe you should include/try and break that at the championships.

Just sent the following to Steve at Pullums -

Hi Steve,

I recently sent Randall a image of me using 276 pounds on the Rolling Thunder handle I brought from you some time back and have been told that only those lifts in competition are accepted as World records (bum!). Anyway I am trying to see if he would allow a lift made at your shop as a WR - subject to both you and he accepting this.

I mentioned the above to some guys over at www.cyberpump.com 's Grippage board/section and they suggested that I either a) put on a demo of some sort (Grippers (No 3), Weaver Stick (WR holder), Thick Handled lifts (259 on 2.5 and 83 kilo WR on a  3.5 handle) and of course Rolling Thunder (best effort a little higher than 276 pounds). I would naturally spread the word through my magazine contacts and try and get as many of the UK grip boys to attend. What do you think? Both parties would need some time to prepare.

Steve

Randalls reply:

Steve,

I think David Horne had a great idea - wonder if they even have a dead

accurate/certified scale there, so you can weigh everything after.  I think I've

sent you the rules before, but I've attached them again just in case you don't

have them, so give Wally and Steve a call and let us know how you make out.  Be

sure to get us a photo, too, please, because it sounds like you're capable of a

really big lift.  Jan Bartl did 265.4 (right handed) at the 2000 IronMind

Rolling Thunder World Championships (Hawaii); the next year, he did 258.5 (left

handed) at the 2001 IronMind Rolling Thunder World Championships (Hawaii).  We

are in the preliminary stages of planning the 2003 Rolling Thunder World

Championships, and as soon as something is settled, we will have an announcement

posted on the New section of our web site.

Randy

Guest 115-1005574997

looking good steve.  sounds like possitive vibes from Wally and ironmind.  

it would be an exellent show to see you pulling a new weaver stick, 3.5" record and pulling the MDB

cant wait to see what happens and yep, id drive down to london with an iron grip dbell in the boot (trunk) to watch

tell me when u plan on doing it

This is starting to sound great!  It’s almost like the old days of strongman shows. Maybe you could pick on an unfortunate spectator (like Scott) to attempt the lifts before you break each record?  Could also be the time to attempt the farmers walk with two inch bells if Scott brings a iron grip bell and Garry Hunt can make it down with the Gazza bell?

Guest 115-1005574997

im getting well excited

not sure about the 9 stone weakling from the audiance........but if its in a good cause why not :)

im sure wally will say yes.  its great publisity for Ironmind.

Its a really good idea of yours steve to arange it and start the ball rolling at bringing Iron mind lifts to the UK

Steve,

hello....I  would like to  start out  with   Excellent Lift.. also  I  would  like to  ask you two questions.... 1. )are you still continually  making  steady progress with your thick bar  work..  and  2.) what is the  diameter of the  Rolling Thunder handle?

Best Wishes

It wasn't my idea Scott. But it is a good one and I am sure I can, with the contacts I've got and my gob, get more than a few to attend. I am also sure that it would help Pulums sell a few more goodies. A few bites to eat and some drinks, the fact that the shop is five mins away from the trains and the main shopping area and that family could easily drive me(and the MDB) up. My mums got relatives in Luton and Watford.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed that Steve and Wally think its a good un too...

Steve

Maybe,we could make it like a fun records day,so loads of people could have a go at.

Inch replica deadlift

inch replica double deadllift(1 each hand)

inch replica clean,jerk,continental,press whatever

inch replica farmers walk

Rolling thunder deadlift

millenium d/bell anything

Blob lift

if we can get all the stuff there,it seems a shame not to go for it.

Lets make it happen...Gazza.....

In the mean time heres a few ideas just scribbled down. Please feel free to add to them.

Ironmind promotion day

Publicity: potentially Muscle News/The Beef, Health & Strength, Mark Shaw’s Strength Journal, IAWA Strength Journal, Milo and as many others as I can think off. Required – sufficient time for magazines to get the info in. Cyberpump, Mick Hart and other interested websites

Date: Saturday possibly October. Allows training time etc

Location: front of shop with Ironmind goodies given centre stage

Promotion (see publicity) but to include posters. Ask Randall what he has by way of a suitable poster type promo sheet

Prizes: possible sponsorship by PDA, Cyberpump, MM, Stan Pike, IronGrip, Ironmind, Pullums etc, approach them all. Depending on the help given by way of sponsorship there could well be enough to have lifting prizes.

Needed: ok from Pullums et al and directions for those coming. Possible Seni 2000 idea help from David Horne