One-hand Deadlift - What Has Been Done?

lifesnotfair

The bavarian strenght legend Hans Zerhoch is famous for his finger lifts. Maybe someone has some info of him.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• lifesnotfair

• CoC#3

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/strongman9i.jpg

Richard Sorin rack pull 1331 with no straps. That has to be up there no? Thats 665 in each hand, not from the floor granted but he could probably hold onto a 665 one hand deadlift from the ground at least. That was in 1987 though.

No. That's a very impressive lift, but he's using a mixed grip, which counters the tendency of the bar to roll out of your hand. This is what makes the one hand deadlift difficult.

I hold the world records in deadlifts and hacklifts with just my midlle finger of each hand, and using an olympic barbell. It was part of some of the early Grip contests from the 90's.

My biggest was 190k (418.8lbs) done behind my back in the hacklift, and it is still a IAWA world record, done on 29 Nov 1994.

In the Middle Fingers Deadlift I did 182.5k (402.3lb), at a bodyweight of 86.9k on 29 June 1994. Which is another world rec.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=1531

Excellent lift David! Did you injured yourself training for this lift?

402lbs on a barbell, full DL, using only the middle fingers... that's just amazing. I will be very happy the day I can do that using all 10 fingers.

I like the Hack Lift with one or few fingers. Any brush against the back of the thighs has a tendency to roll the bar INTO the hand rather than out of it (compared to the over hand grip in a normal deadlift anyway, obviously any brush is problematic).

The one finger deadlift of each hand some something Don Larkin was very good at. I think I remember him claiming 405?

With a one finger chinup on an Axle with sub 7" hands (I have the photo), doesn't seem unreasonable.

Man that 2 finger lift is crazy. Awsome picture too. Did you train specifically for that lift and how close to it do you think you can get just anytime without specialized training, if you did any? Man my fingers hurt just looking at that, I feel like all my fingers are gonna get ripped off deadlifting weight like that I can't imagine 2 fingers.

I see what you are saying about the reverse grip on the rack pull though too. Still how many think they could hold a rack pull like that without wraps? Have you ever tried a max like that in the past David? I can only imagine if 2 fingers can hold that much from a full deadlift what you can hold with all of them.

Yes I trained for that lift whenever it was in a contest. This is what I always do, and a reason why you can't be strong at everything all the time. I have no idea what I could do now, it's many years since I've done the lift, but I'd guess it would be less weight.

Re. Rack lifts, looking at my training book;

From the power rack I've lifted 460k (1014lbs) for 5 reps 26/8/1994

Also did a Hand and Thigh lift of 676k (1490lbs) 8/4/1993

Obviously no straps involved on either.

David

I hold the world records in deadlifts and hacklifts with just my midlle finger of each hand, and using an olympic barbell. It was part of some of the early Grip contests from the 90's.

My biggest was 190k (418.8lbs) done behind my back in the hacklift, and it is still a IAWA world record, done on 29 Nov 1994.

In the Middle Fingers Deadlift I did 182.5k (402.3lb), at a bodyweight of 86.9k on 29 June 1994. Which is another world rec.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=1531

That 402.3 wtih the middles makes me cringe I tryed this lift last year 2 days before a strongman comp. The laocal gym has a pro armwrestler that was saying how good he was at it so I said I give it a go with him. I did 275 then jumped up to 305 got it off the floor and it slipped out at the top the recoil on my finger in my right hand screwed my wrist and forearm for about a month not to mention what it did for my performance at the comp. Heck half way thru the tire flip I was flipping it one handed from the pain that will be the last time I try that lift. Think maybe I should of warmed up and maybe practiced it a couple times huh :whacked .

Man that 2 finger lift is crazy. Awsome picture too. Did you train specifically for that lift and how close to it do you think you can get just anytime without specialized training, if you did any? Man my fingers hurt just looking at that, I feel like all my fingers are gonna get ripped off deadlifting weight like that I can't imagine 2 fingers.

I see what you are saying about the reverse grip on the rack pull though too. Still how many think they could hold a rack pull like that without wraps? Have you ever tried a max like that in the past David? I can only imagine if 2 fingers can hold that much from a full deadlift what you can hold with all of them.

I've done 1067lbs using a thicker than normal bar (30mm) and with the hands NOT locked against the thighs on a small range rack pull.

Yes I trained for that lift whenever it was in a contest. This is what I always do, and a reason why you can't be strong at everything all the time. I have no idea what I could do now, it's many years since I've done the lift, but I'd guess it would be less weight.

Re. Rack lifts, looking at my training book;

From the power rack I've lifted 460k (1014lbs) for 5 reps 26/8/1994

Also did a Hand and Thigh lift of 676k (1490lbs) 8/4/1993

Obviously no straps involved on either.

David

Impressive numbers, David. :mosher

I'm curious about what's your best deadlift and your best hacklift?

Wow, they even have vbar, pinch, wrist curl, weaver stick.... and teeth lift records on there!

Thanks for the link David.

We used to run the early British Grip champs under IAWA. In fact I wrote the rules for many of these lifts for them.

David

Jose,

Hacklift 250k

Deadlift 250k

Straddle Lift 272.5k

David

David's middle finger deadlift is limited by backstrength :tongue :tongue :tongue Now THAT's a grip guy!! Hehehe.

Could there be a pattern here to David and these guys huge numbers and the "partials" they do? Humm??????

Could there be a pattern here to David and these guys huge numbers and the "partials" they do? Humm??????

I agree , alot of people say partial work is outdated or is dangerous or doent work , its worked well for me better than anything else its a great way to train