Who Will Be The First To Ccs A #4?

pdfk20

CCS the no.4  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first person to CCS a #4?

• Tex Henderson
    • Wes Peart
    • Chad Woodall
    • Kevin Bussi
    • Sam Solomi
    • Steve Gardener
    • Martin Arildsson
    • Other - please state

Well since we are talking about a credit card close of a #4, I have to ask how many Credit Card consecutive reps of a #3 are being done by these guys, with a credit card being placed in the jaws of the gripper at the beginning of each rep?

After all it's a bit pointless talking of other styles of closures when it will be a credit card close that he will be judged on.

David

Absolutely. This are two different stories.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• The Mac

• Wes

• pdfk20

Tommy's video of the 10 reps shows him doing very wide reps, I'd say maybe to around CCS width, although an actual credit card was not used. I wonder if Oldguy considers these reps as "valid", since he obviously doesn't think parallel reps are reps at all.

The best gripper performance I've ever witnessed was the 3.81 close from Chad, a gripper, Steve and Martin and nobody else never closed yet, as far as I know. So I think from the guys I know in person, Chad has the best chance of doing it, although it is still a very very long and hard way for him to close a new #4 CCS. Also handsize comes into play with the CCS, which is not a big problem for Steve and Chad, but for Martin I think.

I would like to see a video of Wes closing the 3.5 CCS, is there a link? This is an superb feat of gripstrength!! Is anybody else here on the board who can do this? I honestly don't think so, but of course I would really like to see someone doing it!

Florian: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=301031

In here GarytheDyno says he witnessed Tommy, "later in the evening" (I think AOBS dinner about 2 months ago?) getting the #3.5 to within a hair (his words were "oh so close") with a no set. He says he would certainly get it fresh, as he was crushing raw potatoes and stuff during the evening, I think. So it's fair to assume he can do this, I think.

Tommy's video of the 10 reps shows him doing very wide reps, I'd say maybe to around CCS width, although an actual credit card was not used. I wonder if Oldguy considers these reps as "valid", since he obviously doesn't think parallel reps are reps at all.

Not in a topic with CCS in the title they aren't.

do you know what, i reckon as soon as someone gets certed doing a ccs #4, new rules will be brought in.

hmmm, let me see,

ccs, while blindfolded, standing on one foot, and humming the hokey cokey! :laugh

Well since we are talking about a credit card close of a #4, I have to ask how many Credit Card consecutive reps of a #3 are being done by these guys, with a credit card being placed in the jaws of the gripper at the beginning of each rep?

After all it's a bit pointless talking of other styles of closures when it will be a credit card close that he will be judged on.

David

You are right. A close or 1 rep from a CCS position is considered valid. Therefore reps of the same would also be valid. I would still like to see reps done with a #3 with all pressure removed from the spring between reps.

Video required - not word is bond.

Seeing is believing. Words are often just lies.

The best gripper performance I've ever witnessed was the 3.81 close from Chad, a gripper, Steve and Martin and nobody else never closed yet, as far as I know. So I think from the guys I know in person, Chad has the best chance of doing it, although it is still a very very long and hard way for him to close a new #4 CCS. Also handsize comes into play with the CCS, which is not a big problem for Steve and Chad, but for Martin I think.

I would like to see a video of Wes closing the 3.5 CCS, is there a link? This is an superb feat of gripstrength!! Is anybody else here on the board who can do this? I honestly don't think so, but of course I would really like to see someone doing it!

Florian: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=301031

In here GarytheDyno says he witnessed Tommy, "later in the evening" (I think AOBS dinner about 2 months ago?) getting the #3.5 to within a hair (his words were "oh so close") with a no set. He says he would certainly get it fresh, as he was crushing raw potatoes and stuff during the evening, I think. So it's fair to assume he can do this, I think.

Thanks, Wes told me already, that Tommy can do it. Tommy gripper strength is out of this world :mosher

My reply will be controversial I am sure. If we are talking about the same type of GR8 #4 straight out of the package, this feat won't be done by anyone on this list, not likely anyone on earth prior to the 2010's.

Tex missed by 3/4" !! and he trained for it and just mashes a #3.

Honestly, no one on earth that we know about is going to CCS that type of #4 without several years of very intense and injury free very intense training.

On the list, I think I'd give Chad the best chance, with Was, Kevin, and the very strong Martin right behind. Off list, there's Mark Henry, and maybe we can get Mr. Morton training again ?

Just my opinion..let the flames fly .. :flame neilkaz ..

You are right. A close or 1 rep from a CCS position is considered valid. Therefore reps of the same would also be valid. I would still like to see reps done with a #3 with all pressure removed from the spring between reps.

But, then they wouldn't be reps...it would be a series of singles. Half the difficulty of doing a set of reps is that the tension is never fully released and that fatigues the grip. Plus, the gripper can slip from it's initial set during the reps and that makes it more difficult too.

What would make sense is to never fully release the tension, but insert the card briefly each time. THAT would be CCS width reps. And you're right, I don't see people doing this on video either. It would be interesting, I suppose.

Christ, I hope we don't get back into that "is MY word not good enough" rubbish again - the point of asking for photo or video proof from EVERYONE is to partially get round this, everyone is held to the same standard. I am sure no one expects to pass an exam without actually taking the test, they don't take your word for it that you know the subject, even when you patently do.

Talking about short range reps is valid when you are discussing short range reps, when talking about CCS reps not so much. I don't doubt the top guys can do reps on a #3 from CCS, or with releasing the pressure on the handles, but I've never seen it captured properly on video.

I do agree that the first out of package CCS close of the #4 is a long way off, I would like to be proved wrong though.

My reply will be controversial I am sure. If we are talking about the same type of GR8 #4 straight out of the package, this feat won't be done by anyone on this list, not likely anyone on earth prior to the 2010's.

Tex missed by 3/4" !! and he trained for it and just mashes a #3.

Honestly, no one on earth that we know about is going to CCS that type of #4 without several years of very intense and injury free very intense training.

On the list, I think I'd give Chad the best chance, with Was, Kevin, and the very strong Martin right behind. Off list, there's Mark Henry, and maybe we can get Mr. Morton training again ?

Just my opinion..let the flames fly .. :flame neilkaz ..

Prepare to be flamed... or show me what I have missed but did Tex train for it at all?

Well..I was under the impression, Tex trained for it and was closing normal 4's (likely from a deeper set) but that could just be heresay. :whistel

.. neilkaz ..

I will vote for Shane Larson!

Thanks bro...grip is nowhere on my priority list now since my candle is pretty much lit up at both ends but it is nice to be thrown in there w/some heavy hitters. IMO there were some big names left out like Heath, Tommy, Clay and Robbie...Vigeant would have done it by now IMO if he had stayed active in grip.

About repping the 3's-there was a good video of my brother Todd repping a 3 in one of my cert videos-I think the MM4.

Well..I was under the impression, Tex trained for it and was closing normal 4's (likely from a deeper set) but that could just be heresay. :whistel

.. neilkaz ..

'under the impression'. Not the same as knowing for sure then.

Chad - without a doubt! Go for it big guy!!! :rock:rock:rock

Christ, I hope we don't get back into that "is MY word not good enough" rubbish again

I agree. I was just looking the other day at how cheap video cameras are. You can buy a video camera for dirt cheap now. If you can buy a 2 grippers, you can buy enough of a camera to offer proof.

As David pointed out, it's an American Express close (or is it Visa...if you left home without it?).

wes - nice work, thats awesome

straps - i use straps when doing gym stuff cuss of a couple reasons, first is because i want to use them, im not looking to train my grip when im deadlifting, im training my deadlift, i want to train my grip when i train my grip, second is because i cant hold on to my top weights on rack pulls double overhand (especially without chalk), an i dont like using hook grip as i feel it puts too much stress on my thumbs / i dont like doing mixed grip as its easy to tear a bicep, an third reason is because i simply cant recover from it all >i use my grip all the time, in my training, my job, and my daily life - all the contrast baths in the world make no difference without rest, anthe skin on my hand does not recover either, it ends up cutting easily an bruising up pretty bad. To sum it up, i use straps to rest my hands/forearms, as i want to specifically train them seperately - i never said anything about not being able to hold onto 180kg.

vids / #3 repping - there is a number of vids of #3 repping on the web if you look hard enough. My phone that i take vids with has been playing up for a while now, ill have it replaced somewhen an get some new vids up.

first is because i want to use them, im not looking to train my grip when im deadlifting, im training my deadlift,

If your grip was already trained tyo a high standard lifting 180-kilos would not be considered 'training your grip'.

i want to train my grip when i train my grip, second is because i cant hold on to my top weights on rack pulls double overhand (especially without chalk)

Then it's not as good as the lifts you've claimed would have you think it is. Include such pulls in your seperate grip training.

an i dont like using hook grip as i feel it puts too much stress on my thumbs

Most people don't hook grip deadlifts and it is painful.

i dont like doing mixed grip as its easy to tear a bicep

No it's not. Tell me, of the thousands of people who deadlift that have torn a bicep. It'll be less than 1% and so 'not easy'.

, an third reason is because i simply cant recover from it all >i use my grip all the time, in my training, my job, and my daily life - all the contrast baths in the world make no difference without rest, anthe skin on my hand does not recover either, it ends up cutting easily an bruising up pretty bad.

Check my log for my patented 'how to space out the training over more than a week' system.

i never said anything about not being able to hold onto 180kg.

No one has said you can't. But straps??

My phone that i take vids with has been playing up for a while now, ill have it replaced somewhen an get some new vids up.

There (and this doesn't just apply to you) is always an excuse.

Not in a topic with CCS in the title they aren't.

Is this a new rule?

You did notice my reply was in response to a ''I wonder if Oldguy considers these reps as "valid", since he obviously doesn't think parallel reps are reps at all'' and that the topic title does include CCS in it??

Although we can all go off topic from time to time we have seen various posts include a phrase something like 'I have a video of my closing a 3 for reps' or similar but those that have looked say such videos show the grippers not being opened that far or even close to it.

You know where I am at when it comes to grippers and I do not set a gripper to parallel then shut it and allow it to open to parallel and repeat for reps and claim that I can rep a CCS 3 or 4. If it is that close it takes me more effort to set it up than it does to close it from there. Esp a 3.

So if the topic title includes CCS then parallel closes will not be seen as valid.

You did notice my reply was in response to a ''I wonder if Oldguy considers these reps as "valid", since he obviously doesn't think parallel reps are reps at all'' and that the topic title does include CCS in it??

Although we can all go off topic from time to time we have seen various posts include a phrase something like 'I have a video of my closing a 3 for reps' or similar but those that have looked say such videos show the grippers not being opened that far or even close to it.

You know where I am at when it comes to grippers and I do not set a gripper to parallel then shut it and allow it to open to parallel and repeat for reps and claim that I can rep a CCS 3 or 4. If it is that close it takes me more effort to set it up than it does to close it from there. Esp a 3.

So if the topic title includes CCS then parallel closes will not be seen as valid.

I definitely understand your view on reps but I don't understand your where you get that last sentence. The people who were talking about the parallel 3 repping were using it as a reference of strength, if you don't consider parallel reps as reps that's fine, but it doesn't mean they are to not be seen as valid reps at all because there are no set of rules stating that.

The topic title doesn't mention repping at all.