Who Will Be The First To Ccs A #4?

pdfk20

CCS the no.4  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first person to CCS a #4?

• Tex Henderson
    • Wes Peart
    • Chad Woodall
    • Kevin Bussi
    • Sam Solomi
    • Steve Gardener
    • Martin Arildsson
    • Other - please state

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• The Mac

• Wes

• pdfk20

Flo: Yeah, I have small girly hands with poor open hand strength! :)

I've never had the opportunity to actually try the 3.81 and I thought that Martin had and actually got it with a very close set?? It was available at the last 2 Europeans (06 and 07) and at the LGC's and at the German's - none of which I attended (I was last in Europe in 05 to compete).

I haven't closed 3.81, yet. The week before LGC XVII I was less then 1mm away from closing it.

Those of you that are skeptical about John dig up Heath's old thread on their meeting-

No need to - I was responding to the post that there were no/few pics about, which is true.

I've spent the last six years on here pushing for as much "proof" as possible to be supplied to back up claims, I'm not about to stop now.

Those of you that are skeptical about John dig up Heath's old thread on their meeting-

No need to - I was responding to the post that there were no/few pics about, which is true.

I've spent the last six years on here pushing for as much "proof" as possible to be supplied to back up claims, I'm not about to stop now.

I wasn't neccesarily referring to you, but when have reliable eyewitness accounts not constituted proof? I can almost picture some people on this board hunched in a dark cave muttering "my precious" over a pile of moldy pictures and video tapes of grip feats

I wasn't neccesarily referring to you, but when have reliable eyewitness accounts not constituted proof? I can almost picture some people on this board hunched in a dark cave muttering "my precious" over a pile of moldy pictures and video tapes of grip feats

HAHAHA! :tongue

my vote was for other - Paul Savage

i think i should give myself a vote cuss im sure nobody else would haha but yeh im up along the same lines as people on the list id say, i can double tns #3's, using a wide (ish) set ive came less than 1mm on my 3.5 that seems to have a real hard close (it binds up a lot), an my #4 is not light years harder, ive been trying some negs on it an ive held it closer than 1/4in + i find setting it easier than i would have expected - i would say my #4 is legit, its grey spring, an flush mounted or there abouts, my #3 is certainly nowhere near it anyway, i did 15 reps opening up past par after that 3.5 near mis, an i had not been training reps >so yeh id say i have a chance, but its hard to predict something like this, grippers vary + theres many freaks out there that can do this much easier than most

i think i should give myself a vote cuss im sure nobody else would haha but yeh im up along the same lines as people on the list id say, i can double tns #3's, using a wide (ish) set ive came less than 1mm on my 3.5 that seems to have a real hard close (it binds up a lot), an my #4 is not light years harder, ive been trying some negs on it an ive held it closer than 1/4in + i find setting it easier than i would have expected - i would say my #4 is legit, its grey spring, an flush mounted or there abouts, my #3 is certainly nowhere near it anyway, i did 15 reps opening up past par after that 3.5 near mis, an i had not been training reps >so yeh id say i have a chance, but its hard to predict something like this, grippers vary + theres many freaks out there that can do this much easier than most

viper: I clicked your signature link, and found some videos in YouTube, including a 180kgx8 deadlift with STRAPS. Whatever, even without them, that wouldn't be nearly as impressive as 15 reps on a #3. None of those youtube videos are even close to being as impressive as 15 reps opening "past par" how you called it. Why don't you take a video of you doing those reps? There are very few videos of #3 repping around here, that'd be quite impressive and people would start including your name on polls like this!!! :laugh

BTW I'm not saying anything bad about those videos on youtube, I can't do any of those feats, so they're great! I'm just saying if you can toy with a #3 like that, it'd be much more impressive, and I wonder why don't you show us that, instead of those other feats?

How very modest of you :upsidedwn

I'll tell you why - search for the phrase 'word is bond' here. Then sit back and enjoy.

viper: I clicked your signature link, and found some videos in YouTube, including a 180kgx8 deadlift with STRAPS. Whatever, even without them, that wouldn't be nearly as impressive as 15 reps on a #3. None of those youtube videos are even close to being as impressive as 15 reps opening "past par" how you called it. Why don't you take a video of you doing those reps? There are very few videos of #3 repping around here, that'd be quite impressive and people would start including your name on polls like this!!! :laugh

BTW I'm not saying anything bad about those videos on youtube, I can't do any of those feats, so they're great! I'm just saying if you can toy with a #3 like that, it'd be much more impressive, and I wonder why don't you show us that, instead of those other feats?

All that grip and using straps?? Plluurrreeeaaazeee.

I'll tell you why - search for the phrase 'word is bond' here. Then sit back and enjoy.

ive done a 180kg deadlift without wraps about 10 years ago (old sod now) i think i need to get a coc 3 gripper and see what i can do he he he.....

So Kim Wood is the only one to of ever seen John do feats :rolleyes Plluurrreeeaaazeee.

I have yet to see a video of a #3 being repped. I have seen videos of people closing a #3 and letting it open a hair and then touching the handles together again and so on, and calling that reps.

Nothing wrong with MAC wanting proof other than the word of a so called "legend" or his son or father. Legends and their fans seem to get offended when proof is asked for.

I have yet to see a video of a #3 being repped. I have seen videos of people closing a #3 and letting it open a hair and then touching the handles together again and so on, and calling that reps.

Nothing wrong with MAC wanting proof other than the word of a so called "legend" or his son or father. Legends and their fans seem to get offended when proof is asked for.

I think Florian has put up a video where he does 20 reps on a #3, I think the gripper opens up to somewhere around parallell. I have a video which I put up about a year ago, http://youtube.com/martinarildsson

Martin just seen a video on youtube of you repping a MM5 replica for 3 reps , that is amazing! How come you haven't started to climb the MM ladder yet, im sure you would storm to the top!

Old guy i will get a vid of me doing 5 (maybe 6 if i feel good) reps with a #3.

I think Florian has put up a video where he does 20 reps on a #3, I think the gripper opens up to somewhere around parallel. I have a video which I put up about a year ago, http://youtube.com/martinarildsson

So he starts with it shut? That falls within exactly what Old Guy was saying.

Old guy i will get a vid of me doing 5 (maybe 6 if i feel good) reps with a #3.

I'd like to see that video Sam :mosher

I had to use the search function myself to find the video, here it is:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=4427

The start was with a parallel set and the reps are no big ones. This was just a fun video Niels took of me when his MM0 certification took place. There are videos of Heath and Tommy around, doing less but better reps, opening the gripper beyond parallel.

Tommy does wide reps on the #3. Jesse marunde did 10 full or almost full reps on the #3. Video for Jesse http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos.html

I think Florian has put up a video where he does 20 reps on a #3, I think the gripper opens up to somewhere around parallell. I have a video which I put up about a year ago, http://youtube.com/martinarildsson

lol I like the comment when that guy said "Only 3 away from breaking my record." I really LOLed. I guess we all know who he is.

Well since we are talking about a credit card close of a #4, I have to ask how many Credit Card consecutive reps of a #3 are being done by these guys, with a credit card being placed in the jaws of the gripper at the beginning of each rep?

After all it's a bit pointless talking of other styles of closures when it will be a credit card close that he will be judged on.

David