Who Will Be The First To Ccs A #4?

pdfk20

CCS the no.4  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first person to CCS a #4?

• Tex Henderson
    • Wes Peart
    • Chad Woodall
    • Kevin Bussi
    • Sam Solomi
    • Steve Gardener
    • Martin Arildsson
    • Other - please state

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• The Mac

• Wes

• pdfk20

No Tommy?

Who's actively training for it? That should greatly affect the results.

No votes for Tex so far, I wonder what this poll would have looked like if it were started a few days BEFORE his attempt, instead of a few days after? Very different, I would imagine.

Edited by twig

Joe Kinney: already been done.

i think he means a NEW #4...not someone's personal gripper that could have potentially been tampered with or been very incosistant.

Chad is my pick. I think Wes has the potential, but I do not expect his interest in the grip work to stay strong enough to train for that massive gripper close. There's a lot more fun to be had between the ages of 18 and 25 than training for the #4.

Wes Peart is the closest IMO. Steve Gardener isn't that far off either.

Edited by CoC#3

I voted Bussi, the guy's closed some big grippers and has already declared he will certify. I think seeing the close of the RB300 "of Doom" made the decision easy, especially if its really around 3.8-3.9.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=4899

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=4898

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

There are several of these men that have it in them to do it in the near future but with that said only one or two will be willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears so to speak to make it a reality. The only real set back for them that really want it will be injury so men train not just harder but smarter.

I voted Bussi, the guy's closed some big grippers and has already declared he will certify. I think seeing the close of the RB300 "of Doom" made the decision easy, especially if its really around 3.8-3.9.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=4899

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=4898

Kind of a side note, but I'm always astonished how much setting power Kevin has with his off hand. Also, I'm astonished at his ability to "ratchet" a gripper shut at the end. Bravo.

I voted Kevin Bussi, I did notice there is one name (stronger gripper than me :bow) on that list that is not a certified #3 closer and he is getting votes! :whacked

Wes would do it if he were motivated enough!! Or so I think.

When was Tommy TNS'ing a #3 for the first time? Was it in 2003 that he did it with both hands at the same time, on video? ... Then he TNS'ed a BBSE with a 2-5/8" spread or so. Yeah yeah, a tiny bit less than the standard spread, but still bigger than CCS, isn't it?? So it's fair to assume he could have CCS'd a BBSE? .. I think if he would train for it, he'd get that #4 from a CCS.

Someone mentioned Kevin's power when setting the gripper, I agree, it's unbelievable.

I voted for Kevin Bussi!

I feel honered that you voted for me! :)

I think if I had to say the strongest grip/potential grip I ever personally have seen in the last 47 years of my involvement is Mark Henry. If anyone could do the# 4 ccs it is that man. I also would go as far to say IF he chose to "go after" ANY feat of true grip strength the present standing record would be exceeded. He chose to make a good living for his family and himself through wrestlng after realizing Olympic and Powerlifting did not pay the bills...can't fault him for that nor does he "owe" any of us a performance......just stating the facts as I see them. I am kinda glad he has left the rest of us an opportunity to shine at times in the activity we all love so well.RS

Richard S makes a good point on Henry.

I am one of the few who has seen Steve Gardener attempt heavy grippers, and Kevin Bussi attempt heavy grippers. I voted for Kevin.

After that Venice strongman show in June, he and I were screwing around with my #3. I was taking down to around 3/16ths of an inch, and Kevin was casually closing it. The strongman from Australia with a strong swagger rather cockily asked, "which number is that?" as he held out his hand to take it. Kevin said "Number 3". He walked off without saying anything.

Kevin may not look like he will be next, but I say he will be.

I'm with Richard Sorin that Mark Henry has the strongest grip/potential grip, but not only in grip but in all-around strength too: 410 kg deadlift, 432,5 kg squat in USPF without suit... He closed the #3 the first time he tried and clean the inch with ease.

In my opinion, Dave Morton and Nathan Holle have the strongest crush in the world.

Guest Bonzi
I think if I had to say the strongest grip/potential grip I ever personally have seen in the last 47 years of my involvement is Mark Henry. If anyone could do the# 4 ccs it is that man. I also would go as far to say IF he chose to "go after" ANY feat of true grip strength the present standing record would be exceeded. He chose to make a good living for his family and himself through wrestlng after realizing Olympic and Powerlifting did not pay the bills...can't fault him for that nor does he "owe" any of us a performance......just stating the facts as I see them. I am kinda glad he has left the rest of us an opportunity to shine at times in the activity we all love so well.RS

Maybe he knew he had limits and CHOSE to QUIT. Gettin' out of the ole kitchen.

If somebody knows that they are heads and tails above EVERYBODY and knows that

they are the King of the Mountain and quits, questions left unaswered. I think that he

knew that he had limits and would be eventually left in the dust in grip contests by a

much smaller human.

they are the King of the Mountain and quits, questions left unaswered. I think that he

knew that he had limits and would be eventually left in the dust in grip contests by a

much smaller human.

yea, right...cause there is tons of money to be made in the grip world...i'm sure he'd been better off making some grip geek impressed than making millions of $$$ in the WWE....cause I would definately choose grip over the WWE.

are you related to that loyd guy??

Guest Bonzi

much smaller human.

yea, right...cause there is tons of money to be made in the grip world...i'm sure he'd been better off making some grip geek impressed than making millions of $$$ in the WWE....cause I would definately choose grip over the WWE.

are you related to that loyd guy??

Maybe you just cleared it up. $$$ worship is not that important to stable folk. :unsure

Wes Peart is the closest IMO. Steve Gardener isn't that far off either.

My money's on Wes as well. That kid is gifted. :fear

Mark Henry... The most incredible(yet not fully tapped) potential for strength anyone has ever been gifted with, I'll stand by my words here. If Henry wanted to he could take down ANY record in the strength world, ANY RECORD. After all, this is the guy who won the Arnold with only 2(?) months of actual training.