Big Tex Vs The #4

1stCoC

Unlucky Tex, next time.., and so the prize money remains, who will be the first?

Did he try an close it with a parallel set?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• lifesnotfair

• pdfk20

• MalachiMcMullen

Big Tex gave the #4 out of the package all he had. But, the closest was about 3/4" out. He did it in a very strict hard squeeze using the credit card set. His technique was non existant but with those 171/8" (straight) forearms I see one day soon him getting it. A wonderful guy! It made for a great addition to Chad's grip day.
maybe it was a hard #4? was he doing it in training? thats a monsterous forearm! any pics of this dude?

Am I the only one who thought he'd get closer than 3/4"? That's a pretty big gap :(

Although I probably couldn't move 3/4" on that gripper from the starting possition and using tools... but just saying, thought he'd be closer!

How was Chad's grip gauntlet stuff??

Am I the only one who thought he'd get closer than 3/4"? That's a pretty big gap :(

Although I probably couldn't move 3/4" on that gripper from the starting possition and using tools... but just saying, thought he'd be closer!

How was Chad's grip gauntlet stuff??

wouldn't that be parallel? must have been one hell of a gripper.

That's what my " :ohmy " was all about.

I really felt like he would get it because I figured he had been hitting it in training or he wouldn't have thought to try and cert. My thought is that he *might* have been hitting CCS #4 closes in training, but this was the first time he touched a GR8 #4 and it's actually that much harder.

That's what my " :ohmy " was all about.

I really felt like he would get it because I figured he had been hitting it in training or he wouldn't have thought to try and cert. My thought is that he *might* have been hitting CCS #4 closes in training, but this was the first time he touched a GR8 #4 and it's actually that much harder.

I would've thought that he had been closing it in training consistently, in which case he should have been closer. Or then it's really so much harder?

WOW That's surprising. I agree with Matt, you'd have thought if he wanted to cert on it he'd be hitting it consistently in training. Did anyone cal the #4?

3/4'' is a real let down, considering all the hype of this. But... Gr8 #4s are very hard though and even getting one to parallel from a CCS shows some quality sweep power. He'll get it one day though i am pretty sure of this.

Hmmmmm, well while he was there did Tex give the P4 or silver crush a go? 3/4 on a GR8 #4 from CCS with what Sorin describes as a non-existent technique is still pretty impressive.

Give it ssome training time and maybe next time Tex!!!

Brendan

3/4" is damnned impressive! Just because everyone had psyched themselves up for the first out-of-the-package, cc set #4 close, doesn't detract from the fact that this was an awesome feat of grip strength. If it is so mundane, why aren't there dozens of videos of people doing it on youtube?

What an anti-climax. 3/4'' from closing a #4 is not even close.

I had thought he might have no setted a 4 before even trying it, but who knows.

I no longer train grippers, nor as I once could do, close my #3. I can however get my #4 down to 3/4'' So I know for sure that it's not impressive, and light years from being closed.

Don't think some of you realize quite how hard some of these new #4's are.. I know that there were some calibrating in the 230 range and that extra 30lbs is more than the difference between the 3.5 and #4. I say nice job Tex

Yep Wes is right. I have never got a gr8 #4 past 1/2'' even with a deeper set and a few of you from this board have seen me do pretty well on an older #4. They are definitely harder, and by a fair amount.

Edited by CoC#3

Yep Wes is right. I have never got a gr8 #4 past 1/2'' even with a deeper set and a few of you from this board have seen me do pretty well on an older #4. They are definitely harder, and by a fair amount.

What can you do on that GR8 #4, from a CCS? :shifty

What can you do on that GR8 #4, from a CCS? :shifty

parallel.

Strong as Tex then!!

Maybe on grippers, nothing else. I suspect i have done about 10x as much training on them aswell.

What Mr. Sorin describes as 'non existent technique' is interesting, I reckon getting a near max gripper in the wrong hand position prior to closing can result in coming up 1/2" short on a gripper that would normally be closed. No doubt with a little coaching he could get it in a lot closer then parallel?

Edited by thearm95