Big Tex Vs The #4

1stCoC

If someone doesn't calibrate the gripper and get the close on video(without charging people to see it) I'll go completely insane!

Don't count on this happening. I won't hold my breath.

Let's get Tex get on the Mash Monster cert ladder. Heck, we'll give him a free opportunity to pass all lower levels and try to knock Dave Morton off the top.

We could make it that any #4 closer can challenge for the top Mash Monster spot without doing previous levels. But, no other position lower. They'd have to climb the ladder normally for the lower positions.

Another interesting take on this from just last year:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=220759

Wasn't as well received then.

Dave has now been sitting up on top for awhile.

Hey, I just saw this and didn't read down far enough:

True, but it's been more than a year since someone last closed the MM6, so I'd say there is a little more justification now.

Exactly my point too.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• lifesnotfair

• pdfk20

• MalachiMcMullen

Tex is at least 6'6 bodyweight about 450 when I last saw him, Arms like tree trunks with "amazing" forearms, Squatted 1040. The #3 was like nothing for him.. they told him to warm up before his ccs out of package close of the #3. And he calmly shut the 3 a couple of times not even knowing that was the "test" he was supposed to "get ready for". I have not spoken with him but I did speak to a lifter/strongman that trains here at Sorinex and said "oh yeah I gave him a #4 to train with a while ago" so we shall see. It would be special to me to see this feat done in person. This, along with Chad Woodalls Grip Gauntlet trial shall start at 12 noon this Friday the 27th. RS

Wow, sounds like the Dominic Filiou of grip!

Tex is a very big and strong man for sure...I am sure that he will have success with this gripper :mosher Best of luck to him.

Who??? Is he a GripBoard member? Never heard of him before... :unsure

Who??? Is he a GripBoard member? Never heard of him before... :unsure

He's not a board member, Filiou is 6'6" 200kg as of the 2005 WSM event where he came in 3rd right behind Mariusz and Jesse Marunde. Anyone who saw him will agree that he didn't even try.

http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/competition...m/images/28.jpg

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

He's not a board member, Filiou is 6'6" 200kg as of the 2005 WSM event where he came in 3rd right behind Mariusz and Jesse Marunde. Anyone who saw him will agree that he didn't even try.

This is SO not my impression of Tex...

2 days away. I'm really excited about this. Both Chad and Tex. Great stuff!

This is SO not my impression of Tex...

2 days away. I'm really excited about this. Both Chad and Tex. Great stuff!

I meant he didn't have to. Big Dom is massively strong naturally and it seems Tex is no different, they just simply do better in strength competitions and have huge potential.

Whats the update!

Edited by Chrisx9118

Well, earlier in this thread I think Richard said it was starting at 12:00 EST.

Well this is the big day - just want to take a minute and wish both guys good luck on their challenges - go get em fellows!!!

All is weighed, setup, and ready for high noon. I will get additional statistical measurements as well. There will be more folks onlooking than I thought. I guess they know this will be something special.RS

Is someone going to film it?

And perhaps give a glimpse here?

Any chance of a live webcam? lol

I'm stoked!

You know we Colonials are short of patience.

You guys think a 100 miles is a long distance, we think a 100 years is a long time ago.

Man! I expect this will be quite a day for grip... good to be here to see it progress. I'd really like to watch some kind of video of the days events... I hope it was filmed.

Big Tex gave the #4 out of the package all he had. But, the closest was about 3/4" out. He did it in a very strict hard squeeze using the credit card set. His technique was non existant but with those 171/8" (straight) forearms I see one day soon him getting it. A wonderful guy! It made for a great addition to Chad's grip day.