The Coin Challenge

lloyd80s

Used the easiest gripper I have, a #3 after a grip workout managed 15 secs

15 seconds with a #3!!!!! :ohmy Wes your a sick man! You could break a #1 just by looking at it!! Well done man!

I'm waiting for more times before I post the league up but I'm sure you'll be at the top on very near it!

Man you guys are putting me to shame, especially Wes. With a #1 I got 14 secs on the right and 4 secs on the left. It's not much but it's a start.

57 seconds #2 right hand with penny Fun!!!!

Brendan

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this for first time tonight, after grip workout, using a #1 and a 1p coin:

RH : 65s LH 42s

I went for 86 seconds on a #1 RH and 85 seconds LH...

Nah, just kidding. My best with my filed #1 is 32 seconds RH and 28 LH, I tried it just now with my filed 1.5 and I got 18 seconds RH and 11 seconds LH. This is MUCH harder than it looks!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

• 4 weeks later...

With a #1: RH 38 seconds, LH 37 seconds.

Way harder than it sounds. I think I pushed farther with my left there.

• 2 weeks later...

RH 30 seconds with #2.

Edited by pawel r

• 1 month later...

just tried it the first time.

28sec Rh, 19 LH

all done with #1

think i can do it better, will try in the evening again.

• 1 month later...

Years ago a student of mine came up with a challenge to hold a pencil by the metal band around the eraser for time with the Trainer or #1.

I could outgrip all the kids (that didn't take much), but I could not beat the record on that one. I think it is because you cannot feel how much you are squeezing. It didn't take much squeeze strength to hold the pencil, or in this case the coin, so students with much less strength wouldn't get as tired as fast as I. At least that was the excuse I gave them. I think it makes sense.

Now I'm going to go home and try the coin.

Tom

Tried this for the first time today. after a light gripper workout, got 26 sec, then 23 sec RH with #3 and a penny.

- Aaron

Tried this for the first time today. after a light gripper workout, got 26 sec, then 23 sec RH with #3 and a penny.

- Aaron

This impresses the hell out of me! Way to go Aaron!

- Aaron

This impresses the hell out of me! Way to go Aaron!

Thanks David, I rested and ran some errands for about 1.5 hrs. Just did one more, 22sec with penny and my easiest BBE (159# on RGC)

I have to say these long holds have a special kind of hurt for your hands and test your mental toughness as well.

- Aaron

Thanks David, I rested and ran some errands for about 1.5 hrs. Just did one more, 22sec with penny and my easiest BBE (159# on RGC)

I have to say these long holds have a special kind of hurt for your hands and test your mental toughness as well.

- Aaron

Just tried it with a #2 with a 2 mm thick coin. RH only and got 20 seconds on it. Havn't touched a gripper in some time. But pretty good. I agree it is very much a mental thing. With a BBE, even more so

Wow some of you guys hand strength is just NUTS! I tried the #1 several times over the past 2 or so weeks and have managed to get up to about 20 seconds avarage with both hands... Interestingly this was the only gripper work I did each time during the two weeks and my reps with the 1.5 went from 2 to 4 reps!

Using a US penny, I managed 30 sec RH with my #2 and 27 sec LH also with my #2. This kind of creative challenge is one of the great things about this board. You have to have fun with your workouts and this penny hold is totally fun.

I'll try this tomorrow as well (if I don't forget).

I don't have my #1 here so I'll try it with a #2 instead...

I didn't want to do this before my gripper workout so I did it at the end.

Like everyone says, it's harder then it sounds ;)

RH #2 19 sec

LH #2 18 sec

Used a coin which is between 1-2mm thick.

It's definitely a nice exercise to finish up a training, I'm keeping it ;)