The Coin Challenge

lloyd80s

Hey!

I was finishing off my grip workout tonight and I thought of a little challenge to try.....

I got my coc #1 and rather than just do a hold for as long as I can at the end of my workout, I thought I'd record my progress. I took a 1 penny coin (like a 1 cent coin in size) and timed how long I could hold it in the gripper handles before it fell. I got my best time on my first try but found it addictive trying to beat that time!

I was thinking, why don't we all give it a go and post our best times, it could be a mini challenge in itself to see just who's got the best coin overcrush! You get a good time and you'll see everyone try to beat it! Hell, if you're time isn't very good then by trying this challenge it'll improve and so will youre grip strength!

Give it a try and lets see what we can all do, it'll be cool seeing what the top guys can get.

Be warned, seeing the penny fall makes makes you want to try again!! Your hand will hurt after this!

My best times on a coc #1

Lloyd80s-Right hand=36 seconds Left hand=23 second

PS

Pic of how to do it are in my album

• Like 1

Damn! This is more hard than i thought!

40seconds on right

32second on left

I used Coc#1 too.

Edited by Koura

Damn! This is more hard than i thought!

40seconds on right

32second on left

I used Coc#1 too.

Well done Koura, you are the record holder.................for now! ;)

Let's get some more times up and get this going!

Great idea. I will try it on CoC#2 when I will do grippers (thats IF i do grippers :P ).

I'd join in if I had a #1, but it was stolen about a year ago. I have a #2 if anyone would like to challenge with that gripper?

I'd join in if I had a #1, but it was stolen about a year ago. I have a #2 if anyone would like to challenge with that gripper?

I will try tommorow and update!!Sounds like fun Great Idea Lloyd80s

Brendan

24 sec w/ #2 right handed. Ick. I will need to try that again tomorrow. (left hand would be rubbish so I didn't bother)

I wish I had a #1 too, but all I have is a filed #1.5

My friends and I used to do this game with coins and sporting good store grippers back when I was in high school, long before I had CoC gripers.

Edited by The Bone Orchard

Good thing to do every once in a while. I haven't done it in a loooooooooong time. Got 13 seconds with a penny and my Hard #3, right hand only.

I just did 26 seconds with my #2. I found myself just squeezing as hard as I could the entire time, as it seems about impossible to apply only enough pressure to hold the penny.

I'll try this tomorrow. I am going to use my MM1 replica and see how long i can hold a 1p coin. I do strap holds/lifts every so often, i've only done them my MM1 replica and i have lifted 5kg or 11lbs with it.

Great stuff guys and some great times!!

If everyone enjoys doing this just keep posting you times and I'll add a chart of everyones progress. We can keep this going long term as I'm sure nobody want to be bottom of the league!! Just say what gripper your using and you left and right hand times.

Trying to beat each other should make all of our overcrushes loads better :mosher

Keep it up and thanks for all trying!

Great idea! Unfortunately, I only have a #2 and can't quite close it yet so I can't give it a shot. :( I'll just have to read and be jealous.

good idea, in the past i have done timed holds on my no.1 and have gone past the 60s mark, that was 6 months ago, now im stronger i should be able to go further, will try tonight and see what i can do.

#1 40 secL, 42 secR.

33 seconds with my filed #1 (right hand) might use this more often in my training, i like it!! :rock you have to really go all out otherwise the coin just drops...

Tried it last night with my #2. Much tougher than I thought, only got 16 seconds with my right and 14 with my left (thought I would be good for about 30 each hand). Need to try this again in a few days.

Great idea!

Just tried it with my filed #1

45 secs RH

36 secs LH

I'm sure I can beat that so I'll try again tomorrow!

Great idea!

Just tried it with my filed #1

45 secs RH

36 secs LH

I'm sure I can beat that so I'll try again tomorrow!

Damn you little...

I have to try tomorrow or some other day this again. I have to beat my own (yours) time..

Could it be bad idea to do ranking list for this competition? Topic starter could edit his first message and put the list there. I think its good to be coc#1 and coc#2 lists. Things like this are those little things that are motivating and nice little competition for each another.

good exercise, i only tried my right hand only got 20 sec dont do grippers much

now i have knurled fingers :D

Edited by liamcafs

meh, tried this with the MM1 the other day only 5 seconds... i used a 1p coin about 1-1.5mm in thickness.

I tried this with a 50-öring (smallest coin we have, almost 2 mm thick).

For the #1, I got 54 seconds right handed and 40 with my left.

I tried the #2 afterwards but was quite tired after the first attempt, got 10 seconds with both left and right.

Great exercise, I have to try this again some day, and also give it a shot with the #2.5.