• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• EricMilfeld

• MalachiMcMullen

• nickr104

God - aren't there any little weak guys coming to this contest?

:whistel

But hopefully I'll be in better form come Gripmas time!!!

I sent my entry form and bought plane tickets last week, so I'll be there to enjoy the show. I hope to match or exceed some of my old PRs, but definitely won't be scaring the top 10 with anything.

I sent my entry form and bought plane tickets last week, so I'll be there to enjoy the show. I hope to match or exceed some of my old PRs, but definitely won't be scaring the top 10 with anything.

Scott - at the moment, only 8 people have actually sent in their money, so if it were held right now, the worst you could do is 9th - top ten baby! See ya soon.

Well - the medley is pretty much finalized - Doc and Nick came down and I think we have an event that will challenge "everyone" but is still possible for "someone". A few surprises that may be new to everyone. Hope you all like it!

If you have a weakness in your grip, the medley will find it.

Well - the medley is pretty much finalized - Doc and Nick came down and I think we have an event that will challenge "everyone" but is still possible for "someone". A few surprises that may be new to everyone. Hope you all like it!
It will be fun! :devil
If you have a weakness in your grip, the medley will find it.

Well poop. I have a feeling I wont lift more than 40% of the medley :( It'll be fun trying though!!! :rock

Here's the rules from David's excellent site. It should be fun.

Table Top Wrist Curl

This lift is only a partial movement (top range) and therefore it affords a greater poundage possibility than the full-range wrist curl.

An Olympic Bar is used for this lift. Stand behind the table, with your forearms flat on it (palms upwards), holding a barbell that has been handed to you. The referee will then signal ‘curl’, for the lifter to commence the wrist curl when he has seen that at least one knuckle from each hand is touching the table. The lifter will curl his hands off the table (using wrist flexion), keeping his forearms on the table at all times. The knuckles and hands have to come off the table before the referee will give the down signal. The lifter may use an ordinary grip, hook grip or thumbless grip. If the bar rolls out of the hand, with the fingers no longer touching the bar, the lift is failed. The bar must rise evenly: an uneven extension is also a failure.

Opps - put it in the wrong place - sorry.

Edited by climber511

Here's the rules from David's excellent site. It should be fun.

Table Top Wrist Curl

This lift is only a partial movement (top range) and therefore it affords a greater poundage possibility than the full-range wrist curl.

An Olympic Bar is used for this lift. Stand behind the table, with your forearms flat on it (palms upwards), holding a barbell that has been handed to you. The referee will then signal ‘curl’, for the lifter to commence the wrist curl when he has seen that at least one knuckle from each hand is touching the table. The lifter will curl his hands off the table (using wrist flexion), keeping his forearms on the table at all times. The knuckles and hands have to come off the table before the referee will give the down signal. The lifter may use an ordinary grip, hook grip or thumbless grip. If the bar rolls out of the hand, with the fingers no longer touching the bar, the lift is failed. The bar must rise evenly: an uneven extension is also a failure.

Opps - put it in the wrong place - sorry.

So does it have to be curled to a full hook or just break the back of your hand and knuckles off the table. There's a quite a difference so I wasn't sure. Thanks

Josh

Just booked the hotel, Dan and I will be at the same hotel as Scott. Looking forward to it!

You boys will have a big time in Buckeye Lake.

I need a favor from who ever. For Gripmas - I want to have grippers close to every 5# regardless of what the handle says. Between myself, Doc, Nick, Eaton and Josh Dale I have all but the following poundage grippers. If any one has grippers calibrated within a few pounds of the list below - would it be possible to borrow them for the contest? This gives me very close to 5# jumps from 85# to 220#. This should cover most of ya all I think.

One quick question Chris, I was hoping to get my RB240, #3 and FBBC Hard cal'd with your RGC. It doesn't take too long to calibrate does it? I don't want to bring 3 grippers to calibrate and waste an hour of everyone else's time.

My #3 is a beast though and it's not just because I haven't closed it.

Chris I have an adjustable SE that we could tinker with that I'm sure would could out very close to 190, depending on where we set the handles. I think it's a very hard SE but the calibrator tells no lies.

One quick question Chris, I was hoping to get my RB240, #3 and FBBC Hard cal'd with your RGC. It doesn't take too long to calibrate does it? I don't want to bring 3 grippers to calibrate and waste an hour of everyone else's time.

My #3 is a beast though and it's not just because I haven't closed it.

It's doesn't take long at all to calibrate a gripper after we get set up but several people have said they are bringing them to calibrate so there may be quite a few to do. After the contest - we can do any grippers anyone brings no problem. I really want to hold down the length of the actual competition for those who may want to get on the road quickly - after that - I expect a late night of having fun playing with every toy anyone can think of - and we can calibrate anything anyone wants to bring.

Chris I have an adjustable SE that we could tinker with that I'm sure would could out very close to 190, depending on where we set the handles. I think it's a very hard SE but the calibrator tells no lies.

Josh I just calibrated the SE that Morgan sent me - it's 191.8# so we have that one covered I think. WE can still play with your's if you want tho.

Sounds good Chris! I definetly want to calibrate my grippers after the comp. My SE is adjustable, so at a higher mounting it would come pretty close to 185 and my 3.5 is 182 or 182.5 on Greg's RGC.

Chris, I've never tried a calibrated gripper. Will be able to try the actual contest grippers prior to starting the event to see what we need to open up with. I'd hate to waste one of my three attempts on a sissy gripper.

Chris, I've never tried a calibrated gripper. Will be able to try the actual contest grippers prior to starting the event to see what we need to open up with. I'd hate to waste one of my three attempts on a sissy gripper.

Eric - the short answer is yes, you will. We'll have them laid out with the chokers on them in order of difficulty on a table, they will have a tag on them showing the poundage - plus of course you can still see the ends of the handles. As an example, there could possibly be three COC #3s in a row - labeled 145# 150# 155# - or easy, medium, and harder 3s. No doubt you have a good idea of what you can close already - all you will have to do is narrow that down with a few squeezes beforehand. And remember you can go up or down on your attempts.