2007 Gripmas Carol

climber511

2007 4th Annual Gripmas Carol – Saturday – Dec 8th

Following last years successful semi competition, this year is shaping up as a full on Grip contest. Particulars, rules, entry form and waiver will be coming soon. Here is the list of events which are subject to change of course – probably 5 events total with perhaps an odd lift at the end for a separate prize. Of course we’ll have all the normal and a few different grip toys to play with afterwards.

Grippers in chokers held at parallel – this is something I’ve wanted to do for quite a while – see what grippers people can close without having to worry about the setting process at all. I hope to have all calibrated grippers in 5 or 10# increments regardless of what it says on the handle.

Euro Pinch – the normal

IronMind Apollon Axle DL – Sumo or conventional – DO to full deadlift

Bending – DO or Reverse – not sure which yet – standard IM and FBBC stocks as per Erics chart

Medley – a mixture of increasingly difficult items

Weaver Stick – front and/or rear

Scale Weight Hold for time – the most talked about event at BBB last year – my scale weights are killer OR

100# Plates hold for time – the object is an endurance event to finish up with.

The object is to get an idea of how many and who might come – I can only hold so many in my gym – if there is more interest – I have a large facility available but I have to reserve it in advance. So if those who are interested would let me know I can make my plans. Thanks, Chris

Climber511

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• EricMilfeld

• MalachiMcMullen

• nickr104

Dude, I might be able to make it. I could schedule my birthday holiday a week late and come out. Anybody want to ride with me from northeast PA?

-Jedd-

Jedd - John Eaton said he was going to try and make it - maybe you guys can hook up - it would be great if you guys could make it over and give me another chance at you - :tongue

Sounds like a plan to me!

Chris,

I'm totally in. My elbow is finally healing up enough to start really training grip again. I just hope I can actually get your scale weights off the ground this time.

Brent

Hah, I might have to do both. Trying to balance attending contests with dropping weight. I'll have to see how the Michigan contest goes.

Chris I haved missed it for 2 years but I am coming this year. all of the events sound great!!!!

• 2 months later...

I mapquested Crooksville and it's about 8 hours...hmmmm I'm going to have to see if I can get off work first. That's a busy time for us. In the meantime, if you're near St. Louis and you might be interested in this contest and you're looking for someone to ride up there with, shoot me a pm.

I mapquested Crooksville and it's about 8 hours...hmmmm I'm going to have to see if I can get off work first. That's a busy time for us. In the meantime, if you're near St. Louis and you might be interested in this contest and you're looking for someone to ride up there with, shoot me a pm.

Love to have you Josh - hope you can make it. Even if it does mean I place one lower :tongue !!!

Hopefully I can make it. Go ahead and pencil me in for last place.

Last place - first place - doesn't matter. Just hope you can make it and have some fun!

CHris, I have got to hand it to you, the selection of events is great. I may be copying you with the gripper in the choker idea.

• 4 weeks later...

I realized today that the Annual Company Christmas Party is December 1st and just about choked up my no-bake cookie, because I thought it was the same week as this show. Luckily it is not!

That's great news!

I hate to waste a no-bake.

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

Any possible way you can post pics or a video of the way you will contest the weaver stick?

What objects will be included in the medley? Love that idea.

No events are truly final at this point - as we get closer and I get a good idea of how many contestants are coming - I'll decide weather to have 5 or 6 events and which ones to use of those I listed. If we do the Weaver Stick - I'll use the rules as I understand them from David Horne and get a good description of how it has been done historically so we can compare ourselves accurately to the old timers. At the moment I question doing Reverse Bending and the Weaver Stick in one contest as they both seem to test the same muscles. I have some odd object ideas for a medley - not just things that have been used in the past. I hope to have events that hand size will not be much of a factor - and if so - I'll go with hand size divisions like GGC does. A lot depends if I have 8 people or 18 people and the time needed. I have a couple ideas for an extra "event" or two as well as just a fun thing to do after the contest along with the normal fooling around with stuff that always goes on.

If you need any help with stuff just let us know. Video , equipment or anything.