2007 Gripmas Carol

climber511

I'm going to say me course I'm probaly driving.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• EricMilfeld

• MalachiMcMullen

• nickr104

I live two hours away. Is this still open for spectators to come?

Yep! Still open for competitors too - hint hint!

IF I can find a babysitter, and want to compete, besides the $25 reg. fee, what else do I need to bring?

I live two hours away. Is this still open for spectators to come?

Yep! Still open for competitors too - hint hint!

IF I can find a babysitter, and want to compete, besides the $25 reg. fee, what else do I need to bring?

Nothing really - your bending pads maybe but we'll have extra's I'm sure if you forget. Other than that, I can't think of anything. If you have grippers you'd like to calibrate afterwards - bring them along. And if you have any strength toys that are unique, bring them along to play with. I'm buying some steel tomorrow for some long bar bends afterwards for anyone that wants to try it - stuff from 1/2" round up to 1/2"x1" flat - so bring a little extra mojo and show us how to do it. Sure hope you can find a sitter - it will be a good time! Chris

Well then I hope to see ya there!

So who all is meeting us At the park and ride befor we go to Chris's. Just so we know who to look for befor we take off?

I'll be there.

If anyone who's coming to Gripmas has some new leather bending pads they wouldn't mind selling please PM me! Thanks.

I have a couple old hankies you can use - nice and thin - they'll give you a good "feel" for the bar :D

I don't have any to sell but I do have an extra set you are welcome to use if you promise not to beat me.

Found a sitter!! :D I am definitely coming! Can't wait to meet some of you guys. See y'all Saturday!

If anyone who's coming to Gripmas has some new leather bending pads they wouldn't mind selling please PM me! Thanks.

I have a couple old hankies you can use - nice and thin - they'll give you a good "feel" for the bar :D

I don't have any to sell but I do have an extra set you are welcome to use if you promise not to beat me.

Anson, I have a Jo Ann fabric store nearby that sells Tandy leather. I was just there today, and got myself some new wraps. They sell the "Suede Trim Piece" for 6.99 each. It is like 8 1/4 wide x 10 3/4 long. I just cut the ones I bought in half and made my wraps. They have some left if you would like me to pick one up for you. PM me if you are interested! Later! :D

Found a sitter!! :D I am definitely coming! Can't wait to meet some of you guys. See y'all Saturday!

Awesome!

I just cut up a strip of 5 ounce leather at 4.5" x 72", which should be enough for three pairs of wraps at about 1.25" thick when wrapped around a 5/16" bar. I'll bring this with me. Is anyone else in need of wraps?

I also have a bunch of these HKT 3/8 x 7" bolts that bend in the shape of a "J". They calibrate easier than an Edgin but tougher than a Hexabastard. Anyone interested in trying some of these?

Anson, I have a Jo Ann fabric store nearby that sells Tandy leather. I was just there today, and got myself some new wraps. They sell the "Suede Trim Piece" for 6.99 each. It is like 8 1/4 wide x 10 3/4 long. I just cut the ones I bought in half and made my wraps. They have some left if you would like me to pick one up for you. PM me if you are interested! Later! :D

Foxman, I've used this before, I'm looking for some heavier weight stuff. Thank you for the offer! Chris, no need to worry, I duflatchied my wrist good mis using my formulator, training grip has not been possible for the last 2 months. I'm still trying to decide if I want to compete, but I'll be there either way.

Ill be there. My grip accomplishments arent much. Pinch gripping 4 10 pound plates, pinch gripping 2 25 pound plates, strong hand only but I figure if I go to watch only I will end up regretting not competing. This will be quite the learning experiance for me.

I was just talking to my mailman - a quite young fellow. We were talking about Gripmas - and he renamed the event the AARP Classic because I'm in it. Just thought I'd share that bit of youth induced wise a.. with you all. :blush

I was just talking to my mailman - a quite young fellow. We were talking about Gripmas - and he renamed the event the AARP Classic because I'm in it. Just thought I'd share that bit of youth induced wise a.. with you all. :blush

:laugh :laugh :laugh My dad will get a kick out of that one!!!

Dang, I'm getting close to AARP age also.

My expectations of a good finish have been dramatically adjusted in a downward direction due to recent injuries and the depressing realization that the necessity of taking time off from pinching has made me really weak in my (formerly) strongest area.

My expectations for a great time and wonderful learning experience have been adjusted in an upward direction every week from interacting with all the great guys on this board.

Anson, sorry to hear about your wrist injury.

PS to Chris: My late father was a rural mail carrier in Minnesota for over 30 years.

Dang, I'm getting close to AARP age also.

My expectations of a good finish have been dramatically adjusted in a downward direction due to recent injuries and the depressing realization that the necessity of taking time off from pinching has made me really weak in my (formerly) strongest area.

My expectations for a great time and wonderful learning experience have been adjusted in an upward direction every week from interacting with all the great guys on this board.

Anson, sorry to hear about your wrist injury.

PS to Chris: My late father was a rural mail carrier in Minnesota for over 30 years.

Almost every Gripmas competitor I have talked to has some kind of injury it seems - I'm not sure I've ever gone to a contest except my first GGC without one of some kind. Right shoulder is hosed, probably going to need a doc to fix it this time. Right index finger has arthritis pretty bad and is much better than it was but the swelling is mostly gone - and I just pinched a big blood blister on my left middle finger cleaning out the building. Maybe I'll buy two rubber suits - one for Scott George and one for me :tongue We'll all be fine when the time comes.

Everyone please have safe travels to Gripmas! See ya all soon.

Cant Wait! Everyone have a safe trip.

Do you want us to head straight to your gym when we get there?

Gym or house - I'll be one place or the other!

I leave tomorrow morning and am very excited. Chris I hope there is time for me to try your olympic barbell and bumper plates. Any chance of kettlebells bigger than 32k? I'd love to see if I can do anything with a 36k or 40k kettlebell.

Travel safely and have fun at the comp guys.

Jedd and I are headed out this morning.

Things I can bring:

Inch DB

digital caliper in case someone wants to size hands for fun (you can find for ~$25 on sale now)

28 & 16 lb. shots

3x25 (fairly old swirly-finished milled Yorks)

I'm assuming there will be a veritable cornucopia of Blob sizes and other objects to play with, given the contestants.

Things I'd like to try:

Six nice-fitting dimes (in case of a Gripmas Miracle healing of both thumbs and return of my pinch ability)

Powerball varieties.

Have a safe trip everyone. We'll be going with Anson & Scott; leaving ~3:30.

Edited by odin