• climber511

• EricMilfeld

• MalachiMcMullen

• nickr104

Chris-

Can I still get in? If so I'll get the form out tomorrow. Thanks-

John

John - of course - glad to have you!

We could car pool from Columbus. Meet somewhere in Columbus, and go from there. We have been there meny times. That way we will not have to find a place park 15 or 16 cars around Chris's.

Nick - my plan was to wear them out walking around my big city :D .

Good idea Chris!! I hadn't thought of that. Forget my idea. :D

Glad to see that this is turning out to be another big contest Chris!

Perfect timing too, a few months out from any of the other contests. Now, if the South Carolina guys wanted to have one in March-April...

Added a few more - no one has actually signed up yet but all these have expressed some interest at least -

Chris Rice

Josh Rice

Doc

Nick

Stew

John Eaton

Jedd

Scott George

Anson

Josh Dale

Brent Barbe

Scott Styles

Brenden Dwyer

JS27 - Jeremy Strong

Joey Carr

Mike Amos

Zach Coulter

Bob Sunden

Josh "amazin" McCann

John Beatty

Dave Thornton

Tim Karwatske

Hey, Chris, nothing definite, but my finances have changed for the better as of late so I may actually be able to attend a grip contest other than my own in the near future. I like the events, except for reverse bending, which I've grown to hate! Ha, ha. Personal issues with lingering injuries in the tendons, but if all works out I'll just have to suck it up. I should know something sort of like definite within the next couple of weeks.

Hey, Chris, nothing definite, but my finances have changed for the better as of late so I may actually be able to attend a grip contest other than my own in the near future. I like the events, except for reverse bending, which I've grown to hate! Ha, ha. Personal issues with lingering injuries in the tendons, but if all works out I'll just have to suck it up. I should know something sort of like definite within the next couple of weeks.

Awesome - hope things work out! Love to have you here!

Looks like you might have enough big guys to have hand size divisions.

Anson - when I finally get the official sign up list - if we have enough to make each class a real competition, then I will go with hand sizes. What I don't want is to have just 3 or 4 people in one and 15 in the other. I hope people can sign up early so I can get the trophies made up ahead of time if I have to change.

Something I intend to do afterwards is figure out the results by weight class. It's been kicked around before about how to divide people for fairness. I've always agreed with hand size but just for fun, I'll do it by dividing it into 200 and below and 201 and above. You could actually do this for any contest just to see how it changes things I guess.

Eric, I hope you can make it. There's a great lineup here, wouldn't it be sweet if Woodall competed?!

Eric, I hope you can make it. There's a great lineup here, wouldn't it be sweet if Woodall competed?!

Thanks, Anson. Yes, Chad would certainly make it an even more high caliber event than it's gearing up to be!

Chris, I have a few questions about the events. Oh, and it looks like after discussing it with Sandy I'm good to go. She's gonna come along, but only to go letterboxing. She's as fanatical about that as I am about gripping.

Is the Iron Mind axle 2" in diameter?

And if an event must be cut, which do you think it will be? Thanks.

Boy Chris I haven't been on alot lately been gone alot this is looking awful organized for the metropilos of Crooksville.

Thanks, Anson. Yes, Chad would certainly make it an even more high caliber event than it's gearing up to be!

Chris, I have a few questions about the events. Oh, and it looks like after discussing it with Sandy I'm good to go. She's gonna come along, but only to go letterboxing. She's as fanatical about that as I am about gripping.

Is the Iron Mind axle 2" in diameter?

And if an event must be cut, which do you think it will be? Thanks.

Eric - it is an actual IM Axle so 2" exactly. I'm getting as organized as possible and really hope to get all the events in. My plan was to skip the medley if necessary but it's looking so fun, I don't think I can drop it. You guys just might have to go over 5 hours :blush . We'll see how it goes. I have so many people that are capable of being judges that I might be able to run some things two at a time - like grippers. Bending will be in flights anyway and the plate hold is in pairs so I really think it can be done.

SURPRISE!

So what kind of eff'd up stuff does this misery medley consist of?

Be strong in every direction that your hands will move and you will be fine. Hand size will play a very minimal role in this - and you haven't seen most of this stuff before - which is just the way I want it :D .

So what kind of eff'd up stuff does this misery medley consist of?

Be strong in every direction that your hands will move and you will be fine. Hand size will play a very minimal role in this - and you haven't seen most of this stuff before - which is just the way I want it :D .

Oooooooh :fear

Chris,

I might be able to talk Mary Ann into helping out with the judging. She's never done a grip cntest but she's helped at 12-15 highland games now. And she doesn't help my marks out in the least.

brent

Chris,

I might be able to talk Mary Ann into helping out with the judging. She's never done a grip cntest but she's helped at 12-15 highland games now. And she doesn't help my marks out in the least.

brent

That's up to you and her - the more help the better. I'd rather she do video, pictures or scoring though - if anyone gets upset about a call, I'd rather it was at me instead of anyone else. She's certainly welcome to come though. I am not having a womens division this time but she would get a good idea of what grip contests are all about anyway and knowing her the little that I do, I'd guess she will be in one before long.

this is going to be a great showing! Chris will it double the population of the town for the weekend? Maybe a newspaper headliner

can't wait to see the mystery medley :ohmy

this is going to be a great showing! Chris will it double the population of the town for the weekend? Maybe a newspaper headliner

can't wait to see the mystery medley :ohmy

It just might Scott.

Hmmm...do you have an entry deadline for this?

Its like a 17 hour drive for me but I like the events. But then, I'd have to find out what 'Reverse Bending" is? Haha.