• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• EricMilfeld

• MalachiMcMullen

• nickr104

Chris looks like a great contest. i will be in Mi. a week after the contest so i am bummed out that i will miss it by a week.

Look forward to meeting you at BBB 3. This is Ryan Klein by the way since you weren't sure (on the P & B forum) if i was a member on the grip board.

Edited by RKlein

Chris, I wish I could make it to this one. Lemme know if Brendan is not gonna make it. I would be happy to send my Baseline Dyno out on loan for the contest.

- Aaron

That looks like an awesome contest!

Well done Chris.

Is there an updated athlete list?

Actually Anson - no. Quite a few have expressed an interest but I haven't put a list together yet. Just off the top of my head, these people have at least mentioned they would like to come. We'll never know until show time I guess. If you are considering coming, please add your name to the list.

Chris Rice

Josh Rice

Doc

Nick

Stew

John Eaton

Jedd

Scott George

Anson

Creason if you and Scott just kidnap him and bring him with you

Josh Dale

George Champlin (spectator)

Brent Barbe

Scott Styles?

Brenden Dwyer

JS27 (sorry buddy but I can't remember your name)

Joey Carr

Actually Anson - no. Quite a few have expressed an interest but I haven't put a list together yet. Just off the top of my head, these people have at least mentioned they would like to come. We'll never know until show time I guess. If you are considering coming, please add your name to the list.

Chris Rice

Josh Rice

Doc

Nick

Stew

John Eaton

Jedd

Scott George

Anson

Josh Dale

Brent Barbe

Scott Styles?

Brenden Dwyer

Joey Carr

You mean I cant be in the action???

Chris Rice

Josh Rice

Doc

Nick

Stew

John Eaton

Jedd

Scott George

Anson

Josh Dale

Brent Barbe

Scott Styles?

Brenden Dwyer

Joey Carr

Hey buddy - you're the one that said you were going to watch - welcome aboard!

Chris Rice

Josh Rice

Doc

Nick

Stew

John Eaton

Jedd

Scott George

Anson

Josh Dale

Brent Barbe

Scott Styles?

Brenden Dwyer

Joey Carr

Hey buddy - you're the one that said you were going to watch - welcome aboard!

well I have not trained in months but what the heck

I'm considering it, but have never been in a contest before and don't know how to bend.

Bro! I see you in Charlotte, you could come up to Huntersville (15mins) sometime and I could show you a few things. Right now I am only a bending watcher due to my sissy finger injury at GGC but I am more then happy work a few things with ya. Also Anson is in Salisbury about 30 mins or so.

Sign up for BBB it will be great again this year, John puts on a sweet contest. Don't worry about doing great, your first time is always a learning experience. With the bending firepower that will be at this contest you will impress yourself with what you learn.

I'll have to look ahead, alot of family stuff happens for me in December and never on the same days but I'd like to go. Sounds like this and the BBB are good opposites so it'd be pretty neat to work some more variety in. For now count me in! But I wont know for sure probably until the beginning of November when we plan most of our family stuff.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

I'm considering it, but have never been in a contest before and don't know how to bend.

Bob - reverse bending takes probably the least technique (and certainly the least flexibility) of all the styles. I'll be glad to show you what I do anyway - different people do it a little different but it seems to work out. So come on up and have some fun, everyone has a"first" contest some time - it sounds like your time has come. :) Welcome aboard!

APT Pro Wriststraps.com is also sponsoring Gripmas - Many thanks!!!

Scott Styles, thanks for the encouragement. Your post in the grip-together thread was very thought-provoking.

Scott George, Yes! I'd love to workout with you sometime. You are very advanced in a lot of areas I need to improve in or have never even had the opportunity to try (v-bar, 2-hand euro-pinch). Maybe you have some 45s that won't slice half my thumb off and can give me the push I need to get them up.

Mr. Rice, thanks, I think my shoulders might be too flexible, if anything (rotator cuff issues). I think it would be worth it to go just to meet you alone, I'm sure you can teach me a great deal. If my L elbow is still messed up, I can just take a pass on the bending and just use it as a learning experience. I read your 60 by 60 goals in Doc's forum and was very inspired.

Bob - please don't go train with that Scott George fellow - I haven't beat that boy yet and don't want any of that rubbing off on you! Seriously, a get together with Scott and Anson would be a great learning experience for you. You'd learn more in one afternoon with them than a year of reading the boards. Please try and make Gripmas - it's shaping up to be a great contest. And thanks for the compliments! Chris

Bob - please don't go train with that Scott George fellow - I haven't beat that boy yet and don't want any of that rubbing off on you! Seriously, a get together with Scott and Anson would be a great learning experience for you. You'd learn more in one afternoon with them than a year of reading the boards. Please try and make Gripmas - it's shaping up to be a great contest. And thanks for the compliments! Chris

You are most welcome Chris!

I hope something rubs off on me. I'm lucky to have two of the top grip guys in the country within easy driving distance. It's going to be quite an experience to spend time with people who have an interest in this odd hobby (and who are extremely talented), no one in my life really understands why i do it.

Sign me up as probable, just have to make sure I can pull it off.

Edited by odin

I have no idea of how to link this to my computer like others do so I'll post it here and you all can copy and paste it into the Word Processor of your choice and send it back to me.

2007 Gripmas Carol Entry Form

Grip Strength Competition

December 8, 2007

230 Burley St.

Crooksville, Ohio 43731

Contest starts at 11 AM. (Subject to change)

List of events are:

Grippers in Chokers at parallel

Euro Pinch

IM Axle Double Overhand Dead Lift

Medley Event

Bending – Reverse

Two 100# plates hold for time

Contest may only have 5 events depending on time.

Entry Fee is $25 – make check out to Chris Rice. Mail to

Chris Rice

230 Burley St.

Crooksville, Ohio 43731

The Columbus Airport is 1 hour and 20 minutes from my place. Hotels are available in Columbus coming in from the west and Zanesville from the east - Crooksville is in the sticks and we have no hotels etc. I’ll put up a list soon and directions if you need them. A Google search is probably a better method than I am anyway. Mapquest etc seems to do a good job of getting you here but I will send directions to anyone who wants them. Entry Deadline is November 15th. I have to know by then so I can make sure we have enough food etc. Please return this form and your check to me by then – earlier if possible of course. Pretty simple entry form. Cutoff is 20 people - hope I have to worry about that.

Name:

Address:

City:

State:

Zip Code

Email:

Grip board name:

There will also be the normal – if I squeeze so hard my eyeballs pop out – I won’t sue form to sign when you get here.

Gripbash Scoring System

All weights calibrated for accuracy

Prizes 1st thru 5th Place Plus

Some cheap novelty prizes

Food and Drink furnished afterwards

A “Not Quite Mandatory” playtime afterwards

Ending when I’m too tired to even watch

You young guys go at it.

Updated as far as I know - let me know if I missed anyone please.

Chris Rice

Josh Rice

Doc

Nick

Stew

John Eaton

Jedd

Scott George

Anson

Josh Dale

Brent Barbe

Scott Styles

Brenden Dwyer

Joey Carr

Mike Amos

Zach Coulter

Bob Sunden

Josh "amazin" McCann

We could car pool from Columbus. Meet somewhere in Columbus, and go from there. We have been there meny times. That way we will not have to find a place park 15 or 16 cars around Chris's.

We could car pool from Columbus. Meet somewhere in Columbus, and go from there. We have been there meny times. That way we will not have to find a place park 15 or 16 cars around Chris's.

Nick - my plan was to wear them out walking around my big city :D .