Sybersnott....

Guest todd_xxxx

Guest todd_xxxx

Man, thanks so much for the video and the extra gripper.  What a treat.  For those that don't know, Sybersnott was interested in checking out one of my grippers.  In return, he sent me a great video, complete with a #3 closure, and an extra gripper.  The other gripper BTW is a bear, as near as I can tell its approx as hard as my #3 with much wider handles.  As far as the weight and numbers stamped on both handles, all three of my original iron mind grippers have the same steel handles (as opposed to aluminum) and the number stamped on both handles.  They are the trainer, #1, and the #2 I sent you.  I also have the "new style" #2 and #3.  As I said, I can close the new #2, the old one is much harder.  I'm close though, and as Sybersnott said, I believe the old style #2 and the beef builder master are the same gripper.  I feel much better now when I read about people repping the #1 and #2 out of the bag.  The old style grippers are much harder than the newer ones I have.  Sybersnott's video pointed out other things that I hadn't noticed, but it would be too lengthy to post it all.  Anyway, thanks again Sybersnott.

Todd,

You're quite welcome!  I just was wondering when you would get it back!  I sent it Fex Ex ground, and sometimes it's real slow.

Examining your gripper was a real treat for me.  I have NEVER seen anything like it!  I knew it was special when I first picked it up - it's HEAVY;  both in spring tension and weight!  Sorry it took so long.... but I wanted to do the video for you, because it would better explain what I was talking about with you SEEING it for your own eyes.

Glad it got back to you safe and sound!  Thanks again, Todd!  :)  

Kingpin,

The video of me closing the #3 would NOT be considered official.  I still have to get a witness to verify.  

What todd_xxxx didn't mention was how the tape of me closing the #3 was performed and what came out.  I closed it, then replayed the tape.  On the tape, you can hear three distinct "clicks" - the knurling from the handles coming together.  It proves that the handles did touch each other - something I didn't realise until AFTER I replayed the tape!  :)