British grip champs 2002

David Horne

Is somebody going to film the competition this year and put the video up for sale? I think this would be a great idea. It would give some of us an idea of what a grip competition is like. I'm planning on attending in the future, but for now, I think a tape would be a big seller and educational as well.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• Arne

• gazza

I'm going to film the competition.

Grip work is now done for me too, i`ll be doing some Presses and Squats later in the week (probably Tuesday). I`ve been hitting PR`s in the grip work for a while now and these last 2 weeks have been great for me, so i just want to replicate on the day!

All the best to everyone, Faheem

Paul

Yes, I'm going to make some copies of the film.

David,nice to see everythink,working out training wise,any ideas for treating carpel tunnel syndrome and tendinitis,everytime i try to up the poundage in the big lifts,iseem to be takeing 1step forward 2 steps back,i think i needed alonger period to build a better base,instead of going

B**LS to the wall to soon.

No comments on training as I do a #### of a lot better in comp than in gym (almost always as do most) but I wish everybody a #### fine days lifting. For those that haven't been before you'l have a great time with the gang and for those that have - a better one than last year. Tip: it's gonna be a long day, bring food, bring water, bring your own chalk ;)

Arne,

I'll be more than happy to purchase a video from you. Please let me know when this will be available. Thanks!

Dave,

Not sure if I'll be able to compete now :(. My right wrist is next to useless at the moment. I had planned to go through the lifts on Monday night but this is totally out of the question now. I will just have to rest and hope :(.

Guest Marso2

Jim,

Really sorry to hear about your wrist .. hope you recover in time.  My grip is okay it's just the rest of my body that is knackered .. elbow pain, back pain and a sore throat .. at leats I'll provide comedy value with my puny lifts .. see everyone on saturday.

Ian

Jim,

I hope it's not as bad as it sounds. You sure you don't need to get it checked out at the A+E?

David

I'm just having problems with suplination and pronation now. It now seems fine in certain positions - I would have no trouble with the hammer curl for instance.  I just don't think that I could get into the wrist curl position at the moment.  It's getting better though, so fingers crossed for the weekend.

Jim,hope the wrist gets better.

Marso i will be able to help you out,supplying,the comedy and

puny lifts,still would not miss it for the world though.

Marso are you going down by car or train.

Guest Marso2

Gazza,

Still not sure about how we are getting there .... if the traffic news is bad on saturday morning we'll get the train .. if not we're driving  ... what time train are you on?

Ian

Guest 115-1005574997

Jim

sorry about what happened on friday mate.but it doesnt sound mega serious.  Good luck mate :)

P.S  makes my torn skin and bruises look small potatoes ;)

Jim

I really hope that you are fit for fight to the Big Day.

Thanks Arne.  I'll have to see how my forearm is nearer the time I think.  It's just stiff now and painful in certain positions.  I'll probably compete regardless and just hope it doesn't affect my performance too much on the day.

Good to hear you're feeling better Jim.

My brother and I went through the lifts in contested order for the last time before the comp yesterday, it went pretty well. Now just a matter of resting up and waiting for the comp!

All the best to everyone, Faheem

Guest 115-1005574997

hia Faz

You and Wazeem sound in top form (I wonder if its too late to pursuaid Dave to put you in th eintermediates!!) only kidding! :)

It will be a great day on saturday

Guest 115-1005574997

Just a reminda whos comming:-

OPEN

Elizabeth Talbot (Stafford)

Jim Wylie (Stafford)

Michael Daly (Glenrothes)

Brian Carlton (U.S.A.)

Steve Gardener (London)

Martin Whittred (St. Helens)

Marc Wylie (Stafford)

Kalle Lane (Sweden)

Richard Vizor (Northampton)

David Horne (Stafford)

INTERMEDIATE

Richard Scott (Stafford)

Gary Hunt (Wirral)

Jason Horne (Stafford)

Arne Persson (Sweden)

Ed Homers (Wolverhampton)

NOVICE

Faheem Chauhan (Liverpool)

Oliver Horne (Stafford)

Scott Essery (Stoke)

Ian Marsland (Liverpool)

Paul Patterson (Luton)

Louis Wilson (Wolverhampton)

Matt Makousky (U.S.A.)

Andrew Christie (Bournemouth)

Waseem Chauhan (Liverpool

Well Brian and Matt should be in England by now, I think. Hopefully Brian's grip isn't tired out by lugging his suitcase around with my 50lb blob in it!

Anyway, just a quick up front 'thank you' to all who are travelling in the next few days to this contest, and I hope you have a great experience.

Not long now, see ya soon, David