• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• Arne

• gazza

Scott: Thank You! I'll tell Kalle! After shaking hands with You all competitors I'm afraid that I'm so exhausted in my grip that I can hardly compete. ;)

Hello David,

The British Grip Championships,get even more appealing,asthe

day draws nearer,both you and Mr Strossen are a credit to the sport,see you at the comp.

Hi David.  Your PM box is full so...  If you wish you can PM me with your response.

Matt and I only have a motel reservation in Liverpool for Wednesday and Thursday night.  Maybe we could make the trip to Stafford on Friday and relax with you guys a bit in the evening at dinner?  How is the motel situation in Stafford?  Would we have a difficult time finding a place to stay without a reservation?

Thanks and see you soon!

BC.

Brian,

I've cleared some room in my PM box now. Anyway, the hotel that most of the guys are staying at is just round the corner, the Albridge, and I'm pretty sure there would be lots of room. But if not there are many more in town. I could reserve the nights that you want to stay if you tell me what you want and how long for. Costs are:

Single Guest house £22

Standard £18

Single main building £28.95

Single main standard £22.95

These prices are per night.

David

9 days to go! How is everyone feeling about it? I've got one more training session to go, and it's really only a practice as such: if I'm not strong enough now I won't be in a weeks time!

David

2 more for me Friday and Tuesday. I'll be in touch if Stan Pike says he can bring one of his thick handled db's (I've asked if he could bring 2...). It'll be something to do AFTER the comp (if we have anything left).

Guest Marso2

Things could be better .. have just spent the past five days moving house so training has taken a back seat and my back is hammered (as well as my head being up my a*** with the stress of the move) .. but I'll get one more workout in before the comp and then away we go .. can't wait.

see you all on the day

Ian

Guest 115-1005574997

Ian

You'll be ok mate.  you wont have lost any strength, just make sure you are mentally rested up and focused on the 3rd!!!  You’ll do fine mate!

Faz

Its going to be a great tussle in all 3 categories and the novices will be as tough (in its own way) as the open.  There are going to be some huge weights shifted too so be ready to take the pain!!  i recon sibling rivalry will be there with you and Waz  

I cant wait!!!

Tomorrow’s my last workout and I'm around Dave’s house to see what i can do and make sure my technique is spot on then a week of saunas and massages      Bliss!!!

Steve,

hope you’ve got some energy left so we can see who’s the king of the thick handles :)

Good.  Dave/Scott I’ll be able to make it for Fridays training session after all which makes me feel better about things :).

Guest 115-1005574997

Jim

Great news about Friday.  I'm looking forward to you giving me some friendly incentives :)

Michael

Your becoming a seasoned professional at competitions this year :)  Just do your best mate and your never know.... might surprise a few people I hope.  and wouldn’t one of those engraved grippers be nice !! ;)

Guest 77-1005097254

Scott. Yes, one of those engraved grippers would look cool in my home gym along beside my COC certificate, the tankard i got from last years comp and my nail art!!  :D

Michael.

I will be the odd one out and still need about a years training,

before i am ready,looking forward to the battle anyways,see you all soon.

Forgot to mention before,will bring along ,one of Robert Barabans hand dynanometers,for you all to have a play with,

want me to bring along my PDA Inch Bar.

Michael: that sounds like m,y collection too :)

Scott: I will be catching the 1148 (I think??) on Sunday but am up for fun at 10pmish (ie the Inch replica lifts). BTW my handle has a one inch bore.

Gazza: I want a go of that if I can find time in between all the other stuff

My last session is done now, and everything has gelled into place. I now just want to duplicate the lifts in a weeks time. Out of the others it is mixed bag, with some doing very well and others not. Jim was unfortunate to have a big wrist curl roll onto his forearms. I hope it's alright today.

How's it going for everyone else?

See ya very soon, David