Concentration Curls -- What Can People Do?

G-Man

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G-Man

• pawel r

• fightertrainer

• mobsterone

Voevoda can hold 235 or 237 kg in 3 sec one hand

Are there any pics or video of this or any of other of Voevoda's listing feats? I have no doubt Voevoda could have the strongest arms on the planet, but it would be nice to see him use that power in ways that can be measured.

Are there any pics or video of this or any of other of Voevoda's listing feats? I have no doubt Voevoda could have the strongest arms on the planet, but it would be nice to see him use that power in ways that can be measured.

I saw that pic of him holding the dumbbell. At the Northwest board people had talked extensively about it. The conclusion was: pic was a montage, not real. I even down load the pic to keep for fun in my space.com page. IMO, it's not real neither, a physical impossibility. Sorry guys but it 's what all the pros had talked about it. I am sure Bob Brown and J. Brenk have seen it too

I saw that pic of him holding the dumbbell. At the Northwest board people had talked extensively about it. The conclusion was: pic was a montage, not real. I even down load the pic to keep for fun in my space.com page. IMO, it's not real neither, a physical impossibility. Sorry guys but it 's what all the pros had talked about it. I am sure Bob Brown and J. Brenk have seen it too

The pic you mentioned is another pic. The "rumor" of Alexey beeing able to hold 237kg with biceps is older. I think this feat was filmed by the film crew of Pulling John when they went to Socci, Russia, where Alexey lives (not sure about that, Bob Brown may know it).

The pic you mentioned is another pic. The "rumor" of Alexey beeing able to hold 237kg with biceps is older. I think this feat was filmed by the film crew of Pulling John when they went to Socci, Russia, where Alexey lives (not sure about that, Bob Brown may know it).

Flo -you how right.

You can ask John Brzenk, he probably saw video from Socci :)

That pic http://armpower.net/topfoto/77.jpg is real. Igor has this picture from several different views of sides

strength so as thought has not limitations

I have the same pic. That pic was a topic of heavy discussion in NW board. The conclusion: it's fake. And it's not in my own opinion. It's community's decision. At the top level, the poundage lifted is very close between contestant, but in this case the poundage was so much heavier then the rest of the world can lift. Don't take my word for it. Use your common sense to decide for yourself. It's a stunt at best unless you can prove it better than just 1 pic, where is the other angle pic?

For those who believe in the pic was real: How much a world class Olympic heavy weight can lift a loaded barbell to his shoulder? over 500lb right?. O. lifter has to use every possible technic and training to be able to do that with his whole body, explosively to get the weight off the ground. Even while he can shoulder it with his whole body, you can see the strain on O. lifter face. How in the world Alexey V. can hold "that" dumbbell for time while relaxing his face for the photo? The give away was his face too relaxed under enomous stress. How can one man hold a 500+lbs dumbbell with one hand in that fashion while the rest of the world class O. lifters strain to handle the same poundage with whole body: Sorry...but it's FAKE FAKE FAKE.

For those who believe in the pic was real: How much a world class Olympic heavy weight can lift a loaded barbell to his shoulder? over 500lb right?. O. lifter has to use every possible technic and training to be able to do that with his whole body, explosively to get the weight off the ground. Even while he can shoulder it with his whole body, you can see the strain on O. lifter face. How in the world Alexey V. can hold "that" dumbbell for time while relaxing his face for the photo? The give away was his face too relaxed under enomous stress. How can one man hold a 500+lbs dumbbell with one hand in that fashion while the rest of the world class O. lifters strain to handle the same poundage with whole body: Sorry...but it's FAKE FAKE FAKE.

Nobody said, this is a 500lbs dumbbell on the pic. It may be a 160kg dumbbell (heaviest case, if theses are 10kg plates).

The most people think, this is a fake pic because of the grafic, the pic, not because they don't believe Alexey isn't so strong.

Alexey is a very serious sportsman. I don't think he is lying when he's talking about his lifting.

Lubomir Jagnesak weights 75kg and can partial curl 85kg. Why shouldnt Alexey, weighting about 120kg, beeing able to curl more than 100kg and static holding much more?

You can't compare static strength feats with dynamic olympic lifting by the way.

I don't say that this pic is real, but I cannot say it's fake. I just don't know it. But one thing I know for sure, since I met Alexey in person at the european armwrestling championships 2003 in germany: he's damn strong!

We all should wait for the next vendettas of Alexey and for the movie pulling John. We will know more then...

Nobody said, this is a 500lbs dumbbell on the pic. It may be a 160kg dumbbell (heaviest case, if theses are 10kg plates).

The most people think, this is a fake pic because of the grafic, the pic, not because they don't believe Alexey isn't so strong.

Alexey is a very serious sportsman. I don't think he is lying when he's talking about his lifting.

Lubomir Jagnesak weights 75kg and can partial curl 85kg. Why shouldnt Alexey, weighting about 120kg, beeing able to curl more than 100kg and static holding much more?

You can't compare static strength feats with dynamic olympic lifting by the way.

I don't say that this pic is real, but I cannot say it's fake. I just don't know it. But one thing I know for sure, since I met Alexey in person at the european armwrestling championships 2003 in germany: he's damn strong!

We all should wait for the next vendettas of Alexey and for the movie pulling John. We will know more then...

Alexey V. seems to be a genuine person I agree. when an O. lifter shoulder the weight w/o moving. just hold it up at the shoulder hence it's static hold=static strength. Even while holdind it up at the shoulder any O. lifter will shows strain. Engin Terzi show us a 10kg plate with a medium man using it and it looks small. The plates you saw in A V pic were big even for his size. I have 20lbs solid plates and it look very small compare to the ones you see in the AV's pic. Those plates were at least 20 kg if they were solid. Now you multiply those 16 plates by 20 kg that is 320kg. If the plates werer 15 kg then it is 240kg plus the bar about 8kg. If plates were 12 kg it would be 192kg. if they ere 10kg each it's 160kg minimum. That makes it over 350lbs.

Now step back and think my friend. How a person can hold what look like 400-500lbs ONE HAND and relax like that? while a world class O. lifter strain with his whole body to shoulder it with the same weight???

allright 165kg........ I dont believe it..... I mean he probably holds that weight in a lock hold where u can use much more weight than in a regular strict curl but 165kg?! no freakin way....

how much weight is used in that picture :blink ?!

165 kg http://armpower.net/topfoto/77.jpg

It is pointless to argue about it here. click in this link and see how the world class pro AWers talked about it. These people are world champs and legends in AW discussed about the very same topic, then decide ir for yourself please

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/index.cg...read=1177592429

A. Voevoda

One handed dumbbell curl:

Full range of movement (traffic) -95 kg.

Movement (traffic) semi (1/2movement -From 90 degrees) -150kg.

Static (isometric) 90 degrees -237kg.

Edited by pawel r

these are results from 2005

One handed dumbbell curl:

Full range of movement (traffic) -95 kg.

Movement (traffic) semi (1/2movement -From 90 degrees) -150kg.

Static (isometric) 90 degrees -237kg.

Edited by pawel r

I have to agree with what most of the pros are saying and call b.s. on it. I know He is extremely strong but these numbers border on rediculous...

Well what interesting about this photo. AND the main reason I think it is NOT real. Is his body position.

I suggest that if you think this is real. Go to the gym and try a max hold your self. You will be leaning back as you use heavy weight.

He is leaning forward. If this is real, then this is not his max. AND he could do alot more weight. At the lightest of 7.5kg per weight, its about 264 pounds.

I just dont believe it.

Well what interesting about this photo. AND the main reason I think it is NOT real. Is his body position.

I suggest that if you think this is real. Go to the gym and try a max hold your self. You will be leaning back as you use heavy weight.

He is leaning forward. If this is real, then this is not his max. AND he could do alot more weight. At the lightest of 7.5kg per weight, its about 264 pounds.

I just dont believe it.

For those who don't know Bob Brown, He is a world champ in AW. I am not a member at NW message board but I have been lurking there for few years myself. A lot of AW champ over here never mention that they're champ. Such are Bob Brown, Ryan Epsey, Rob Vigeant Jr...I am a re-new member here myself so maybe there are more i have not seen. But take heed people and learn...hard from their advices. :bow and be :calm

Edited by fightertrainer

I also beleive it's fake. But that doesn't mean Alexy himself did it. Maybe one of his fans did it for fun. People do anything these days.

My opinion counts for NOTHING as I can't properly curl a 50lb dumbell through it's full range. However, I agree with his FACIAL EXPRESSION giving it away!! Come on! How can you be doing some kind of effort and have that smile in your face?? Come on people, EVERYONE who makes a big effort puts on a nasty face, or, in the best case, kind of a neutral face, which would at least look tight or something. But that smile he has there?? While holding what people are calling at LEAST 264lbs in plates + dumbell handle? (assuming those "big" plates are at least 7.5kg, they are too big to be 5kg or 10lb plates). There is no way he'd be holding that weight so easily, because it would mean, like Bob Brown said, that he could hold much more if he had an "ugly face"! :upsidedwn

Whether Alexey can do it or not the picture just looks fake. The dumbell doesn't even look like it's to scale. How wide are olympic uprights because the db looks like it would take up at least 3/4 of the space between them. Notice how it looks like it wold be close to the same length as the distance between his left knee and right shoulder...what's Alexey like 6'3", 6'5"?? Also Alexey's left arm looks small, definetly muscular but not the mountainous bicep and huge forearm of Voevoda, not even close. The vein on the back of his forearm of the curling arm is barely sticking out. I would think with that kind of pressure near his elbow it would bulge out much further, after all, he's pretty ripped for a nonbodybuilder. Mine sticks out further than that on a warmup set and I"m like 12-13% bf. Pic just looks fake in itself, regardless of whether or not he can do it.

Whether Alexey can do it or not the picture just looks fake. The dumbell doesn't even look like it's to scale. How wide are olympic uprights because the db looks like it would take up at least 3/4 of the space between them. Notice how it looks like it wold be close to the same length as the distance between his left knee and right shoulder...what's Alexey like 6'3", 6'5"?? Also Alexey's left arm looks small, definetly muscular but not the mountainous bicep and huge forearm of Voevoda, not even close. The vein on the back of his forearm of the curling arm is barely sticking out. I would think with that kind of pressure near his elbow it would bulge out much further, after all, he's pretty ripped for a nonbodybuilder. Mine sticks out further than that on a warmup set and I"m like 12-13% bf. Pic just looks fake in itself, regardless of whether or not he can do it.

I don't think it is neccessarily Alexey V. fault. On top that it maybe merely a publicity stunt shot. I would shot it like that for the heck of it. It's fun to look at. It's a dolby photoshoped pic. His forearm yeah, too relaxed. Did you guy see his forearm pic? it's so muscular and veiny even by flexing on it own w/o weight. and yet it showed no veins in the stunt shot. If that was real you will see his eyes bulged out, face would be red, even the thigh would straining. The more you look at it the more it looks like those pics you take at the fair with fake props. for sheer fun. I don't dislike Alexey V. for it by the way.

As many videos as there are out there how come we never see these huge dumbell lifts on video? A 500+ pound isometric bicep hold. Give me a break. I have both competed and coached against the strongest powerlifters and strongmen in the world and these numbers are not approachable by these guys. I realize (now) armwrestling is special strength of the lower arm - especially ligaments and tendons - but to do these numbers requires muscle strength and I just don't believe it is possible by anyone. Show me a decent video and prove me wrong.