Hello from a new poster!

Guest Askalas

Guest Askalas

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for quite a while and finally decided to become a member when the board whent to password protection.

I got interested in grip training from this board, I forget how I came across it but that is beside the point.  I do a powerlifting style workout and hope to compete for the first time in January.  However, reading everything here got me facinated in hand strength not only to help my powerlifts but also as an activity in itself.

Since starting last May I can now close the coc #2 with both hands (my right is dominant), pinch grip a pair of 25lb plates with both hands to full deadlift lockout, and I can bend a 20D coated sinker nail.

Right now I am training to close the #3coc and to pinch grip a pair of 35lb plates on top of my other powerlifting training.  I am so happy to find a forum like this with such interesting and helpful people.  Thanks a lot everyone and I'll see you on the boards!

Welcome to the board.  Learn all you can, and good luck with your goals.

Hey..... welcome to the board!  :)   Nice to have ya here!!