Repping the #1

Tou

I know I'm going to feel the heat but here's tonight workout report :

I didn't plan to train tonight because I did negatives with the #3 and trained the sweep with the #4 sunday evening. A friend of mine came home and saw my grippers. He tried them and failed on every of them (not even close on the #1). He wanted to see if I could close the #1. I slammed 45 straight reps then 40 more while repositionning the gripper between each rep. My right palm was blue and I have callouses on each fingers.

Then I did 30 straight reps and 30 while repositionning between each rep with the left hand. Yep, a lot of callouses too.

Rep will do nothing for strength but it is fun to test your endurance sometimes. After all, David Horne himself tell us about doing 30 reps with the #2 then 70 reps with the #1 at the END of a workout. Not useful but fun.

Next workout : Back to the basics. Negatives and strap holds ... OUCH.

Train hard ... and have fun !

True is may not serve a max strength purpose, but doing something different helps to break the monotony.  If I get bored with the straps, overcrushes, and singles, I'll do something to change things up, then like you said, "back to the basics."

Agreed, reps over 10 won't do much for max strength, but the pump they give you is great.  I also believe that low reps are helpful to build max strength, and reps in general are good for forearm size.