Lurkers on this forum

Sybersnott

Guest Blitzkrieg

hey everyone....

im ben haselman... i'm 15 and from st. paul minnesota

my friends (the petersons) introduced me to gripping about a month or so ago... at that point i couldn't close the trainer... now i'm working on their master... although i'm not even close yet

see you later

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sybersnott

• OldGuy

• paul

• whitleyd

hey I'm Dan Peterson the youngest of the Peterson boys.

I'm 15.  as far as grippers go I am in the same position as blitzkreig almost exact.  i'm 5'5" and 125 pounds i can close th trainer BB Advance and #1.  

p.s. what is a lurker i am also the slowest Peterson boy.

Hey,

I'm justin, I'm 15 and I'm from minnesota. As far as grippers go, I can close the trainer in the left and right, advanced in the left and right, and the 1 in left and 6 reps in right, and i use a double stamped 2 so the master is easier, so i can get a little more than parrallel on them master, and a little less with the 2.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Instead of opening a new topic, I figured this one fit me well! I've been 'lurking' on this board for a few months now and figured I should finally say hi. I'm 28 yrs this week, and have been training grip since March. I realized how bad my deadlift and chin up grip was, so started researching and found the COC grippers. I can close the 2 for a few reps righty, and am very close lefty.

I've learned a ton of great stuff here, what an amazing place :bow I just got a choker collar from PDA on Saturday, and will use it in training to close the .280. My wife is going a little crazy, I even bought my 1st 75lb hex dumbell to cut in half and asked her for KTA for Christmas! Thanks to all for the great info/advice/motivation. And to WannaGrip for the best forum I've ever seen, bar none! (The movie gallery provides all the motivation one will ever need).

Z-man,

Welcome to the GripBoard, and for digging up this "oldie but goodie"... it will probably result in a few more lurkers coming out of the woodwork and introducing themselves - so good job to you!! :D;)

Great idea for a topic Snott, well done for bumping it Z-man....about me......

I have made some posts but I don't find that I have much to add to any threads and my training journal seems to have fallen by the way side.

I have been messing about with grip training since April of this year, however a lack of cash combined with the huge cost of equipment here in th UK (at least double what you lucky Americans are paying) means that I am still very much a newbie. I have the following grip tools:

RB ip160

7lb sledge hammer

Ivanko Supergripper

Concrete Block (good for pinches)

Pony Clamp

I plan to buy a COC2, IM loading pin and RT (£51!) tomorrow, I'm hoping that the RT will suit me, I think I will just about be able to encircle it with my hand having found a bottle of similar diameter that I can encircle.

So far the achievement that I am most proud of in grip is pinching 2x15kg plates to full deadlift with my right hand, pinching 2x20kg is one of my longterm goals, even in these times of awesome grips you don't hear of that many guys doing it - is this because it is too easy to shout about or is it because not many people are3 interested in this feat?

I hope to learn yet more from reading this board. One day it would be nice to have my own gallery of achievements that I can be proud of (and you guys would be impressed by) and to be able to bring something of value to discussion.

I guess I qualify as a lurker although I may have posted once or twice. I'm from Montgomery, AL and I'm 62. My immediate grip goal is to close the #2. I'm about 1/8 or less on my right and a good half inch on my left. I deadlift and bench also.

Thanks for reading,

Ken

My name's Sonny and I was invited here by Sybersnott. I've turned into a gripaholic after hearing about the COC's on another board. At first I couldn't even close the trainer (sad I know) now I can rep with the # 1. I felt a little better after the guys at work were unable to close the #1.

I'm starting to get into some Self defense/martial arts so I'm really focusing on overall hand/wrist strength these days!

Sonny,

Welcome to the GripBoard!! You're gonna like it here, since we do discuss the grippers to great detail. Again, welcome!! :D:):D

Okay y'all, I'll come out of hiding. My name is Ryan Fitts, and I'm an Army sergeant over here in Baghdad. That, however, has not prevented me from keeping with grip training. Out here, I have the COC trainer, #1 and #2, as well as an Ivanko Supergripper.

I'm not even close to getting certified on ANYTHING, as I can only get the #2 a bit past parallel. The #1 is usually good for one or two squeezes (making it "click") and I can "click" my Trainer for a good ten reps. I've been working with holds and negatives with my SG, and it is helping my functional hand strength greatly. Now I just need my cloth tape to get here, so I can quit wearing my gloves just to keep from slipping! :blush

Take care

Ryan

Just a quick introduction.... I am 47 years old and live in Pittsburgh, PA. I have been lurking for about one month and can't believe how much I learned so far. I was very much into powerlifting years ago and was proud of my grip back then. After a few serious injuries, my grip strength seemed to quickly fade. I have a renewed interest in grip strenth, especially after Steve's demo yesterday. I recently acquired the CoC #1, 2, 3 and 4. I have the Ivanko SuperGripper and a few plate loaded grip machines.

Welcome to the board Ryan, and on behalf of my country men, THANK YOU for defending our country! :bow

FYI, closing grippers with gloves on makes it a lot tougher! Try using sand/dirt [i'm sure there's plenty in Bagdad] as a chalk substitute.

Dan--

Actually, the gloves I use are like pilot's gloves, very thin. They just keep my hands from slipping TOO much. And besides, my wife is sending me my chalk bag. I don't ever wear them with my COC's though. It behooves me to have tough, calloused hands out here. It's about the most productive training I can do out here, given that our weight room is a touch...lacking. :angry:

And I don't need to use dirt or sand...I'm dirty enough as it is. Hey, try washing yourself out of a leaky canvas bucket with no hot water...not a fun time! :yikes

Take care

Ryan

My name is Mike and I am from Appleton, Wisconsin. I have been a member for almost a year and this is my first post. I am hesitant to post because I feel at this point in my training I have very little experience to share.

I have only seriously started training my grip about 7 weeks ago when I started the KTA program. When I started the program I could occasionally get the #2 on my right hand. I can now close the #2 with my right hand all of the time and 70% of the time with the left. I can occasionally get the BB Super Master to 1/8th inch with my right when I get a good set.

Other grip equipment I have would include the #3, PDA .280, TTK, and a homemade plate loaded grip machine.

My training goals are to keep focusing on grippers for a few more months to see where I end up, and then try to integrate some bending in my training. I would like to thank the members of this forum. Their posts are very informative and motivational.